In My Personal Opinion, This Times Review is Bullshit!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that its got mixed reviews. It separates reviewers who are writing reviews because they are told to, and give it one listen, and those giving it time to grow. Proves to me that its a big grower :up:

If this was posted just a few days ago, "In My Personal Opinion, This Whatever Is Bullshit!" could have become an Interference meme on the level of "Why Did Bono LIE About Whatever???" :laugh:

actually, what the hell. i'll say it here.

most of the u2 stuff i like isn't universally loved by reviewers. every review that has sucked their schlong, especially this decade, have been the complete opposite to how i feel about the album.

i just hope that u2 and their fragile ego will ignore any bad reviews and keep making music they want to, not what the reviewers want them to make. that's where things went bad after pop.

Every album gets its fair of good and bad reviews, as I said before a reviewers job is the most useless one on the planet.

actually, what the hell. i'll say it here.

most of the u2 stuff i like isn't universally loved by reviewers. every review that has sucked their schlong, especially this decade, have been the complete opposite to how i feel about the album.

i just hope that u2 and their fragile ego will ignore any bad reviews and keep making music they want to, not what the reviewers want them to make. that's where things went bad after pop.

I'm not sure U2 would exist to make this kind of music if they hadn't have made Pop. Chasing any path for too long, no matter how awesome said path is (this includes U2's 90s era!), will lead to a dead end sooner or later. It would have come after War if U2 had not made TUF. It would have happened after R&H if U2 had not made AB. It would have happened pretty quickly after Pop if U2 had not made ATYCLB. And I think we'd be much closer to it now if U2 had made another Bomb instead of NLOTH.

I'm not sure U2 would exist to make this kind of music if they hadn't have made Pop. Chasing any path for too long, no matter how awesome said path is (this includes U2's 90s era!), will lead to a dead end sooner or later. It would have come after War if U2 had not made TUF. It would have happened after R&H if U2 had not made AB. It would have happened pretty quickly after Pop if U2 had not made ATYCLB. And I think we'd be much closer to it now if U2 had made another Bomb instead of NLOTH.

oh, exactly. i subscribe to the chaos theory too, but still. i hope u2 don't get scared by some bad reviews this time around, is what i was saying.

Sounds like the typical idiot to me.

One that is looking forward to the next Nickleback or Papa Roach album.

Haha, some non-U2 fan writes a negative review based on a few listens on his computer this morning while nursing his hangover, and we're supposed to take him seriously?

Really, who cares what these hacks think, reviews are a waste of time.

Although I hate Rupert Murdoch and all that he stands for, this Times review is pretty good. One review not to trust is Q magazines because they are essentially a branch of U2 PR.

assuming these reviewers got the album around the same time we did (i'm not bothered to read any reviews, tbh) i wouldn't trust a review anyway. here's why...your review of an album on your first listen is vastly different to what you think of it years later. of course it's impossible to wait a couple months even before publishing a review, because by then no one would care. buuuuuut i'm just saying.

Anyone know what Q magazine gave the album or is it not out yet?

Q gave it 5/5 with the tag-line "U2's best album ever" on an advert I saw :s

I can't rate it anywhere near as highly as Achtung Baby.

White as Snow and Magnificent are 'Best ever Album' worthy tracks for me but that's as far as I go.

assuming these reviewers got the album around the same time we did (i'm not bothered to read any reviews, tbh) i wouldn't trust a review anyway. here's why...your review of an album on your first listen is vastly different to what you think of it years later. of course it's impossible to wait a couple months even before publishing a review, because by then no one would care. buuuuuut i'm just saying.

just ask anyone around here in 2004.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom