I'm too busy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I have fallen into the trap that seems so rampant right now. I am too busy for my own good. I perpetually have somewhere to run off to, some errand to run, some activity to attend, some fantasy sports team to manage, some hobby to work on, a giant stack of magazines and books I'm behind on reading, e-mails to write to friends, Greek and Latin to translate, housework to do and bills to pay, vet appointments, yoga class, blah blah blah. I just bought a few new CDs and haven't had much time to listen to them at all. It's getting so bad that I have this constant feeling that I'm forgetting to do something, and I have a hard time concentrating because my brain just can't take it. Even at work, where I try to keep my hours to 40 a week and no more, I have so many projects to keep up with that I don't feel I can devote enough time to any of them.

Am I the only one who has too much stuff going on? I've already cut a few things out of my schedule, but it's not getting any better. Just two short years ago I was complaining about how bored I was. I'm not sure what happened, but now I'm pretty overwhelmed!

my username may be past tense, but i'm still bored.

and i've got plenty of shit to do.

It's weird how sometimes being busy is super stressful and sometimes having nothing to do is awful too.

I guess it's never fun to be at one extreme end of a spectrum, balance is always good (but at the same time, what is and isnt considered by us to be a 'balanced life' can change). I have no clue what I'm talking about, I just hope all my homies get some time to relax soon! :up:

I hate having to stay late - especially to cover for someone else lack of work ethic.

Being out of the office all next week doesn't help.

I try blocking a series of days where I will definitely NOT schedule any appointments; I tried that for next week....within 24 hours it went to hell..

I am working Sunday am in Woodland Hills, Monday am in Laguna Beach, Monday pm in Perris and Monday evening in Temecula...Tuesday in LA and Wedsn. in San Diego....Friday all day in Orange county..... and that's a slow week!!!!!

And still manage to find time for wife, kids, home and still do my work so its on time....

:down:

There is a bright light....Saturday night we're going to Studio City to see the girls from Exit play!!!!!

:up:

Last edited:
Heartland Girl, you are so not alone with this! Just about everyone I know is rushing around trying to do too much in not enough time. It seems like we all have to be productive 24/7 just to get through life.
I generally read myself to sleep--that's the way I wind down. It also gets me through one of the many magazines I subscribe to, so they won't pile up too much. Of course, you have the very happy option of giving your pug hugs, which is great--it's been shown that spending time with a dog can calm you down. And of course, spending time at Interference provides a very nice mental break!
:hug: to all of us who are time-crunched!

I've been too busy to reply to this thread, even! The meditation idea is a good one. Back when I was meditating every night before bed, it was a nice ending to a busy day where all the busyness just floated away to a black hole at the center of the galaxy (that's where I send most things I don't want to think about anymore. ;) ). But then meditation became just another thing I had to do! But like the saying goes, If you're too busy to meditate, you're too busy.

Also digging the housework suggestion. I'll keep that in mind--we're saving up for a house right now, though.

Thanks for the commiserating and good suggestions, y'all! :hug:

Last edited:
:up: :happy: All the above suggestions seem good to me! Esp. huggin' ur dogs!! I've found that 'prioitizing' helps, too! I hope you find the good balance-after all, life is about ENJOYING life!:cool: :)

Back
Top Bottom