I'm sorry, but I don't find Michael Moore, or his fans, remotely credible.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kieran McConville said:
Hey guys, why do you even listen to u2, isn't Bono a liberal and stuff? Jesus Freaking Christ! My head is exploding.

Unless you were being facetious, that's ridiculous to say you have to be a liberal to listen and enjoy U2.

It would be saying "you have to be a Christian" or at least believe in God and Christ to be a U2 fan, since God/Jesus/spirituality is so prevalent to U2's music and 3/4ths of the band members have called themselves Christian at one point or another. Yet U2 has fans who are athiests or agnostics.

I don't find people who don't question reality and refuse to seek as many viewpoints as possible remotely credible. I find people who out and out damn other people and make sweeping generalizations highly offensive and very unnecessary. Just because you are Right wing doesn't make you right. Just the same for left wingers too.

MM gives a voice to those of us who know that the goverment limits our knowledge of certain things/areas on the news. There are more answers out there than we are getting. The President is NOT infallible. You don't have to be what some people call "extreme left wing" to understand that MM is just trying to get people to question what they're being told - at least for my purposes. There ARE other truths out there, and if you honestly believe that our Presidents - be them Rep or Dem - are always truthful, non corrupt and out for everyone's best interest and safety, you are very mistaken. That is NOT a conspiracy theory, that is being realistic and smart.

HelloAngel said:
I don't find people who don't question reality and refuse to seek as many viewpoints as possible remotely credible. I find people who out and out damn other people and make sweeping generalizations highly offensive and very unnecessary. Just because you are Right wing doesn't make you right. Just the same for left wingers too.

MM gives a voice to those of us who know that the goverment limits our knowledge of certain things/areas on the news. There are more answers out there than we are getting. The President is NOT infallible. You don't have to be what some people call "extreme left wing" to understand that MM is just trying to get people to question what they're being told - at least for my purposes. There ARE other truths out there, and if you honestly believe that our Presidents - be them Rep or Dem - are always truthful, non corrupt and out for everyone's best interest and safety, you are very mistaken. That is NOT a conspiracy theory, that is being realistic and smart.

Gee you sure sound defensive. Due to several references I am quite sure you are referring to my post. Well the 'sweeping generalizations' do occur on both sides, read ThatGuy's and Danospano's posts in both this and the "bush on larry king" thread where people who do not hate Bush are called "stupid" "ignorant" and "don't deserve respect" I hope you are including both sides in that because that's what's happening. Another thing that's happening is, as the lady with bumper sticker mentioned, things are more polarized now than they've been in a long time. There is much more of an 'us vs them' thing than I've ever seen or ever heard of in this country other than the Civil War! It also appears the members here are starting to not only judge and attack but dislike each other for their views. As the campaign heats up, it can only get worse. I predict more trouble, less civility, less objectivity, more hard feelings, lost friends, bannings, and general ickiness. I pity the mods!

I don't see MM as being the 'truth.' He is nothing more than reactionary propaganda. Talk about playing on people's fears, which is what Bush gets accused of here! I also think there are few, if any, people who don't question the government and all of us are suspicous of it, no one is following blindly, that's crazy, and actually an insult and an incorrect assumption. Personally I take it for granted that the government and both parties are liars and I consider the source. MM is a wacko looking for a following he, unfortunately, seems to have found.

Last edited:
I didn't post in the Larry King thread, and you apparently missed the irony of my post in this thread.

And yes, HA was talking about people on the right and the left. She said so herself in her first paragraph. Gee, you sure sound defensive.

ThatGuy said:
I didn't post in the Larry King thread, and you apparently missed the irony of my post in this thread.

I meant you and him, whatever you posted, in either thread. Irony? Sure that wasn't just a throwoff on shart1780? Also I don't think any message board veteran, and I'm a veteran of an all politics board too, believes that things are really 'irony' or 'jokes' as much as the vicious intent, though disguised somewhat cleverly, that was their actual intent.

And yes, HA was talking about people on the right and the left. She said so herself in her first paragraph. Gee, you sure sound defensive.

Yes I am. So was she. So are you. Everything I said about the 'us vs them' is coming true. Like minded people jump in and defend each other against 'the enemy' :rolleyes: like you just did her and I did the person who started this thread. So my predictions are playing out right on schedule. It can only get worse.

Last edited:
Lilac said:

I meant you and him, whatever you posted, in either thread. Irony? Sure that wasn't just a throwoff on shart1780? Also I don't think any message board veteran, and I'm a veteran of an all politics board too, believes that things are really 'irony' or 'jokes' as much as the vicious intent, though disguised somewhat cleaverly, that was their actual intent.
]

Please don't try to tell me what my intent was after I've already told you what I meant by it. You can assume anything you want but that doesn't make it the truth.

Yes I am. So was she. So are you. Everything I said about the 'us vs them' is coming true. Like minded people jump in and defend each other against 'the enemy' :rolleyes: like you just did her and I did the person who started this thread. So my predictions are playing out right on schedule. It can only get worse.

Actually I jumped in here because you said something about me that wasn't true. I don't agree with what Danospano said, and I didn't like being lumped in with those comments. I only "defended" HA's post because you clearly didn't read her first paragraph.

And it only "gets worse" when discussion becomes attack.

I never said MM was the truth. And I don't know why he should be branded as a wacko. I think any extreme perspective can be seen as wacko. I don't see him as extreme. But then again, what do I know?

And yes, I was talking about people on both sides. I see merit in both arguments. What I don't like is when people attack each other. I haven't done that in my post. But I'll stop posting in here now because I'm sure I bring nothing to this messy table.

The title is offensive in the least.
Considering his movies are very popular as well as his books, you've lumped an awful lot of people and Un-credible. What a conceited, elitist crock of shit.

Hopefully you learn tolerance with age.

Wow, most of you didn't understand what I was trying to say at all.

I'm not saying anyone who doesn't support Bush isn't respectable or anything. I'm a conservative but heck, I know some very respectable liberals. I may not agree with alot of their views but they present themselves in a respectable manner and seem to think things out and be completelty honest people. My problem with Moore is that he just can't be respected. He's obviously a liar.

Ok and don't give me the "well all politicians are liars what do you expect???" line. No politicians are 100% truthful, but at the same time I'm not going to assume they're lying until it's proven. Alot of politicans have been accused of lying but there's not been alot of proof.

Moore's an outright liar. I've read enough articles proving how he twists the truth to know this. So do alot of other people. I don't have a problem with people questioning the government because alot of times it should be questioned. But Moore's entire career seems to be based off of lies and deceit. It's not hard to see either. He makes whoever he dislikes out to be big meanies abusing the poor innocent person. Just watch any of his 'documentaries' and you'll see it. Either the white man is abusing the poor black man or the poor Arab man.

My point is that there's alot of respectable conservatives and alot of respectable liberals. I've seen too many instances where Moore has been proven to lie to trust anything he says at all. It's not just a liberals vs. democrats thing. Heck, alot of liberals agree with me. They'll tell you he's a liar too.

Last edited:
Everywhere you say "Moore" I would replace with "Bush" and it would be true.

Well, so much for the whole olive branch thing staying intact :|.

Anywho, I feel completely out of the loop here-I've not read a single one of Moore's books and still haven't seen either one of his movies. So I don't know who to side with in this whole thing.

Hence why I think I shall just stay neutral.

Angela

mistyrose said:

Unless you were being facetious, that's ridiculous to say you have to be a liberal to listen and enjoy U2.

Exactly, this Bono is 'ours' hahaha crap is stupid :down: Are you not allowed to like his music if you don't agree with everything he says?

It would be saying "you have to be a Christian" or at least believe in God and Christ to be a U2 fan, since God/Jesus/spirituality is so prevalent to U2's music and 3/4ths of the band members have called themselves Christian at one point or another. Yet U2 has fans who are athiests or agnostics.

Right, or Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, or Wiccan. Like the political position, it shouldn't matter if you like the music.

Or are we back to the old 'real fan' stuff again?

Last edited:
I don't agree, actually. I think most threads do deserve a logical thought out answer, even if the original post wasn't logical or well thought out in the first place. We've had several threads about Michael Moore, some of which have sparked some interesting discussion. This thread didn't really bring anything new to the table, and was just a rant that may have been better served by being a journal entry.

ThatGuy said:
]

Actually I jumped in here because you said something about me that wasn't true. I don't agree with what Danospano said, and I didn't like being lumped in with those comments. I only "defended" HA's post because you clearly didn't read her first paragraph.

And it only "gets worse" when discussion becomes attack. [/B]

Actually I DID read what she said in the first paragraph, however, I disregarded it as tokenism once the post became diluted with obviously pro MM, anti Bush sentiment. If you read my first post in this thread, you would see that many of the words and phrases she used were throwoffs on my post, so I took it as personally aimed at me.

I have seen plenty of 'attacks' here that have nothing to do with me. I think the time is passed when the message and the messenger can be seperated. People are starting to dislike one another personally based on position, and it is coming through in the posts, even if unintentionally. I do feel this will get worse.

Last edited:

People are starting to dislike one another personally based on position, and it is coming through in the posts, even if unintentionally. I do feel this will get worse.

It's like talking to a f*cking wall in here, Lilac.

:banghead:

Last edited:
If ThatGuy hadn't done it...I would have replaced "moore" with "limbaugh" - they really are the same charachter.....just replace Bush with Clinton, and BOOM, you have the same fat, annoying white guy in the media bitching about how horrible our current president is!

I'm anti-Bush but sometimes Michael Moore pisses me off. I guess I love what he's trying to do, but I wish he wouldn't play so loose with the facts - especially since IMHO there's more than enough verifiable facts to show how much harm Bush and Co. are doing to the country without stretching the truth.

Just curious Shart - do you think Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh tell the truth 100 percent of the time?

Given the amount of bitchin thats going on in Interference at the moment re the USA election, is it fair to presume that there will be an increased number of voters this year?

I have always been mystified at the low voter turnout rate in the USA.

zoney! said:
If ThatGuy hadn't done it...I would have replaced "moore" with "limbaugh" - they really are the same charachter.....just replace Bush with Clinton, and BOOM, you have the same fat, annoying white guy in the media bitching about how horrible our current president is!

I agree with you to a degree, zoney. The biggest difference being that Moore wasn't a big fan of Clinton, and I've never heard Limbaugh blast Bush. I don't see MM treading lightly upon a Kerry presidency, either. Also, rather than just distorting facts, Limbaugh also has a tenedency just to pull them out of his butt.

Lilac said:

Actually I DID read what she said in the first paragraph, however, I disregarded it as tokenism once the post became diluted with obviously pro MM, anti Bush sentiment. If you read my first post in this thread, you would see that many of the words and phrases she used were throwoffs on my post, so I took it as personally aimed at me.

There is a grey area, you know. I feel the exact same way as HA on Moore, and there's no tokenism involved. Just the belief that life isn't black and white.

beli said:
I have always been mystified at the low voter turnout rate in the USA.

Umm you have seen the pathetic bunch of characters we've been asked to choose from eh? :eyebrow: ;) Not just this year, every year. Some people just don't feel it's even worth driving to the precinct and standing in line :sigh: (I am one of them)

Back
Top Bottom