I'm sad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christiana

New Yorker
frown.gif

but I shouldn't be sad.

I have a very warm family. My parents are great. I barely have any arguement with them. I have some very good friends and a lot of 'casual' friends. My teachers trust me and like me because I've done very good in school. I'm the monitress in the class. My family is not very rich, but is already better than a lot of my mates.

But in today's afternoon, while I was walking to the bus station after school, I felt sad suddenly. When I got back to home, I locked myself in the room and cried. I wanted to cry and yet I don't know why!!!

As some of you may know, I'm going to have a certificate exam next April. This will have a big effect on my future. Although I know I won't be any bad in this exam, I got a lot of pressure from my classmates and teachers. They expect me to be good, very good. But I know I'm not that good. I'm not that kind of hard working student. There are many student in my class is working much harder then I am and I feel bad about that. It feels like stealing success from others.

Thing that makes me feel even worse are my parents. They care so much about me. They know I'm in so much pressure so they keep telling me just to do my best, don't give yourself any pressure... I don't deserve all these.
frown.gif

Okay, I feel better now...

Dont be sad Risti.
smile.gif

You sound like life is good. Your family supports you and you're going to get your certificate!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

(((( HUGS RISTI ))))

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by christiana:
frown.gif

but I shouldn't be sad.

...I locked myself in the room and cried. I wanted to cry and yet I don't know why!!!

AAWWWW Risti, this is so understandable, this is a very sad time for everyone in the world and a scary time because no one knows what's going to happen.

Thank God you have so many wonderful people and events in your life - YOU DO DESERVE THEM, but please don't feel bad about being sad. I think often we keep a whole bunch of little sad things inside us without expressing our emotions and then once something big happens, the damn breaks and all of them coming pouring out at once.

I think I know how you feel. For the past couple of days, I've been teary but never really cried about all that happened. Then late last night when I was writing an e-mail, I just started sobbing, all of the pain of the past couple of days tumbling out. And you know what? I actually felt better after, it was a big relief to let it all out.

Well, that's about all I remember from Psychology 101, hope it helped.
smile.gif

(((({{{Risti}}}))))

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

((((Risti)))))

it's okay to feel sad sometimes. It's gonna be okay.

"And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
And you can only take so much"

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

D'oh!!!

Too late to help again!!

... Oh well, here's MY two cents:

You are entitled to your feelings!
If you feel sad... FEEL SAD. Cry... let it out.
Always...Always feel your feelings.
If your sadness lingers, then turn to others for help and comfort.

Like Claire sez, do NOT feel bad about your feelings. Shame has no place in all this.

Take care, God bless, and God bless America.

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Risti, make sure you do one thing right now, and that is take care of yourself. I'm posting this as a reminder to myself as much as a warning to others to not abuse themselves.
this past week I haven't really slept and when I did it wasn't well. so I'm overtired and obviously distracted too. well, I was driving in my car with my two sisters as well as my little sister's 13 year old friend and I was arguing with one of them as I was trying to make a left hand turn onto a road. I didn't see the car coming, and if that person was not paying sharp attention, had good reflexes, and God was not watching out for me, I propbably wouldn't be here right now. they would have slammed into my car door at 50 mph. While I'm very lucky, I also urge you to really keep things in perspective as much as possible right now.
there is no reason any of us should suffer any more, this is an awful time, but if we stick together and watch out for each other, we'll be ok.
And another thing, it's difficult being a teenager, people always say that so it seems like a cliche, but true enough it is, because for a lot of us we start to realize that the world we grew up in is not the world we live in. But we're all in it together and things do get better
*hugs*
God bless,
Nikki

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

What a wonderful reply Nikki.

You know what though? I don't believe in "luck". You were almost in a terrible accident...BUT you WEREN'T! "Luck" had nothing to do with it.

"Blessings"... Now that is something I do believe in.

"God does not let a sparrow fall to the ground, without knowing it."

"God knows the number of hairs on your head!"

"Luck"? ... nahhhhhhhhhh

You know, with all that is going on, Ive had a heck of a rollercoaster ride of emotions... Right now, I'm sad... I'm scared... And "hope" is hard to hold on to... BUT I WILL HANG ON.

I have to. I want to.

God bless us all.

Peace

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Thanks for your replies, Nikki and Trash Can. They are indeed wonderful.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Take care for yourself, Nikki. I don't know what to say, but I really appreciate for your advice...
smile.gif
smile.gif

*hugs*

Back
Top Bottom