I'm infatuated with a man old enough to be my grandfather....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
The man in my signature that is...yes John Mellencamp. Seeing him live in concert only made my infatuation grow by leaps and bounds, and I didn't think that was possible! :ohmy:

Wow...I really need to meet someone of my own age that I can go nuts over :huh:

Anyway, I just had to state the obvious.

Heh, U2democrat, join the club. Practically almost every celebrity I have a crush on is 20+ years older than me. The guys I actually know are right around my age, but celebrity-wise...no. And they're all happily married with children and living on completely different ends of the earth from me to boot. Yep.

Also, John Mellencamp is good :yes: :up:. I personally don't have a thing for him, but I don't mind his music-seeing as I'm originally from the heartland, naturally, I'd hear a lot of his music growing up because he's got that whole heartland sound. I like the song "Cherry Bomb" :).

Angela

He's really old enough to be your grandfather? How old is he?

I like younger guys, at least you don't have that problem..not that it's really a problem :D

But hey, enjoy it while you can U2democrat- as long as you're not in a relationship w/ a guy who is too old for you, I don't see it as a problem. Infatuation is usually harmless.

College will be lots o'fun :D

haha, yes. I just got back from it. to be honest, I thought it was horrible and it went on forever (sorry if you liked it)...but there was some nice eye candy...

sean bean, djimon hounsou, and scarlett johanssen are all hot.:drool: I don't really like the ewan mcgregor guy, even though I know he's supposed to be the main hottie. oh well :shrug:

yeah, you can't care about that kind of stuff. my friends think I have terrible taste in music too. how could I like U2, Arcade Fire, or The Shins when I should be rocking out to My Chemical Romance and Fallout Boy?!?:wink:

VertigoGal said:
yeah, you can't care about that kind of stuff.

Too true. I stopped caring about that a long time ago as well. I figure they're entitled to their opinions, after all.

Originally posted by VertigoGal
my friends think I have terrible taste in music too. how could I like U2, Arcade Fire, or The Shins when I should be rocking out to My Chemical Romance and Fallout Boy?!?:wink:

LOL, well, at least I don't have that problem when it comes to music. Most of my friends do like a lot of the same music as I do, or at least listen to the same genres as me, if not the same specific bands.

Angela

Favorite lines from my favorite Mellencamp song:

"I said to my preacher give me the straight low-down facts,
He said You don't need no facts, you need to grow up, Son.
I said growing up leads to growing old which leads to dyin'
And dyin' to me don't sound like all that much fun."

Glad to hear he can still rock a live show... I've always wanted to see him, but haven't had the chance. :shrug:

U2democrat said:
As long as he doesn't go off the deep end about U2 the way Henry Rollins does, I can deal with a difference of opinion.

he actually did say something kind of lame a few years ago. I can't remember the exact quote but it had to do with Bono's "best band in the world" comment and how he thinks that U2 has a big head....or something like that.

I couldn't find it on @U2 but Google came up with an REM website that had it......

But he's not shy about saying what he doesn't enjoy: "Is it hip to like
R.E.M.? Quite honestly, I find R.E.M. pretentious. I find U2 so pretentious
I couldn't even like their records. They probably make great records, but
the things that come out of those guys' mouths is offensive to me. 'We are
the greatest band in the world.' If you were, why would you say that? To me,
that's so much more offensive than Johnny Cougar ever was."

:shrug: whatever...I don't care what he or anyone else says.

But as far as him or his music I never really cared for it past the mid 80's. Now it just reminds me of my childhood and MTV.

Hey, at least you're young enough to be able to be infatuated by a man old enough to be your grandfather and not have the idea be hugely disgusting.

I don't wanna even think about having the hots for some guy in his 80's or 90's.... :ohmy:

indra said:
Hey, at least you're young enough to be able to be infatuated by a man old enough to be your grandfather and not have the idea be hugely disgusting.

I don't wanna even think about having the hots for some guy in his 80's or 90's.... :ohmy:

:lmao::yuck:

As for his comments about U2...he's entitled to his opinion. Just because someone doesn't like the boys doesn't automatically mean we all have to hate them :shrug:

U2democrat said:

:lmao::yuck:

As for his comments about U2...he's entitled to his opinion. Just because someone doesn't like the boys doesn't automatically mean we all have to hate them :shrug:

Ahhhh!!! You might have to join me in the bad U2 fan forum if you keep talking like that young lady! :shame:

:wink:

Actually, I think most people would have very short playlists if they limited it to musicians that have never had a criticism of U2. I'd have to ditch most of my favourite artists! :ohmy: :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom