I'm a student again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I am going back to school in the fall. I will be studying history and International Studies. I hope to find at least one class about the history of the Middle East.

Hey, that's really cool!

I'm studying history too so maybe we can compare notes :wink:

I hope you enjoy being back in school. Check out the rate my professor site if you haven't chosen professors yet. It's very informative :yikes: Had I checked there before I chose my western civ prof I would have saved myself a load of grief

u2bonogirl said:

I hope you enjoy being back in school. Check out the rate my professor site if you haven't chosen professors yet. It's very informative :yikes: Had I checked there before I chose my western civ prof I would have saved myself a load of grief

HELLS yes! I used to register for classes based on this site. A few profs had asked me about it because they think it's really mean, but I said, honestly, there are profs with amazing ratings on there. People are honest, bad AND good. I've found it to be a spot on indicator.

Congrats, verte!

I'm also going back this September (I like to pile on letters after my name, seemingly) and changing my career path so I know what a big decision it will be.

Best of luck to everyone!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

HELLS yes! I used to register for classes based on this site. A few profs had asked me about it because they think it's really mean, but I said, honestly, there are profs with amazing ratings on there. People are honest, bad AND good. I've found it to be a spot on indicator.

:hmm: I'm going to go look up some of my old professors . . . now if only I could remember their names :reject:.

Congrats verte and everyone else going back to school :up:.

3 years for me, but more like 4 years from taking a class where I actually needed to try...somehow I think I'll need to try in med school :wink:

starsgoblue said:
How long has it been for everyone else since they've been in classes? It'll be two years in September for me. :yikes:

Same for me. Going to law school after a couple of years doing medical research.

It's not class I am overly concerned about, it's being broke again, LOL.

It's been two years since my last useless postgrad degree. I won't be attending classes this time around, though, since I'm doing my course through distance learning. The only classes I have to attend are when I make the long trek to Wales for a week-long study school once or twice a year.

I replied in this thread only yesterday thinking how good it was so many are going back etc, and now I've gone and enrolled too. But I fear not completing it.
:sigh:

Angela Harlem said:
I replied in this thread only yesterday thinking how good it was so many are going back etc, and now I've gone and enrolled too. But I fear not completing it.
:sigh:

Now that you said you did it, we are going to make you finish it! :hyper: Very cool, Angela Harlem! What you interested in studying?

Congrats, verte, and to everyone else for going back to school, or for staying in school! Good for all of you and I wish you all the best in your studies!! :applaud:

I got my list of core texts yesterday, and we only have five of them at work. :mad: (I work in an academic library, so I would've hoped we'd have more).

Good luck to everyone! :up:

I just enrolled at a culinary school yesterday. :eek: I've always wanted to be a pastry chef. I don't start until January so I could go to the night classes and still work in the day.

I'm very excited that they place me in an internship and then do whatever they can to find me a full time job after graduating. The university I went to didn't do crap to help me with either. :tsk: For my internship I have the chance to study abroad, which is something I've always wanted to do. I cannot wait to start all of this and finally work in a field that I've always wanted to work in!

I haven't been a student since 2000 so I'm a little nervous about all of that but it's going to be so different this time around.

starsgoblue said:

Now that you said you did it, we are going to make you finish it! :hyper: Very cool, Angela Harlem! What you interested in studying?

Thank you! :hug: I need all the support I can get, lol.
I've enrolled in a Bachelors of Criminology and Criminal Justice. It's been an interest of mine for as long as I can remember.
International Development Studies sounds very interesting and it's something which you can do a lot with. :up: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

Besides be on Bono's speed dial for consulate? :wink: I am really interested in finishing my bachelor's and then hopefully getting my master's degree in public policy and administration....ultimatley I would like to work in an NGO or governmental capicity that is concerned with issues of international development, global poverty, women's education, HIV/AIDS or anything similar.

Back
Top Bottom