If youve met them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mirjam said:
But - in brief: I met Bono 5 times ( last time on his birthday this year:) )- He was always nice and charming:) I remember that first time when we met he kissed my hand.:) Gentleman:)And when I asked him for a photo, je just told me to sit on his lap and we took a pic like that.

:shocked:

Met Bono on his birthday.

Sat on his lap.

I'm seriously jealous here.

She could ask for help in posting them - if she wanted to.

Right, biff? :wink:

Jamila said:
She could ask for help in posting them - if she wanted to.

Right, biff? :wink:

Yes, indeed she could. (smile)

But some people seem unable to proceed, despite all of the help they are offered.

:|

Ok, friends - this is my last comment in this thread because I actually found this whole conversation a bit ridiculous.

But I think that I have to try to set a few things straight from what is publicly known about Bono's birthday this year.

If anyone has the (RED) VF magazine, they will find on page 150 "The Coaster Correspondence" which chronicles the two week trip to Africa from 4-16 May 2007 that Bono and Edwin John Coaster (VF editor) took to several countries in Africa. :ohmy:

On 9 May, they were in Ghana and on the 12 May, they were in Lesotho. (Very glad to see Bono back in Lesotho - a country that I am well familiar with as I belong to a local humanitarian organization that assists HIV/AIDS affected families there - so close to his b-day. )

Now, Bono did take two days off for his b-day (10 and 11 May) but unless he flew back to Dublin one day and then flew back to Africa the next day to celebrate his b-day in a place convenient for people to sit in his lap - the poster's story just doesn't hold up.

We heard nothing in the media about Bono going out drinking with his buddies at Lillie's this year or any other story about how he spent his b-day.

My money is on the most plausible story - he was travelling in Africa for the (RED) VF issue. :sexywink:

So, everybody is free to believe what they want. I just wanted to present the facts surrounding Bono's b-day this year to the best of our knowledge.

If y'all are just fantasizing and having some fun about sitting in Bono's lap on his b-day - no problem.

But I don't want any innocent people coming to this thread actually believing that someone's fantasy is actually reality.

Misleading people is not kind and is not cool the way that I see it.
You can see it however you want because I'm outta here!

LOVE AND PEACE - CoeXisT :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Jamila said:
Ok, friends - this is my last comment in this thread because I actually found this whole conversation a bit ridiculous.
But I think that I have to try to set a few things straight from what is publicly known about Bono's birthday this year.
If anyone has the (RED) VF magazine, they will find on page 150 "The Coaster Correspondence" which chronicles the two week trip to Africa from 4-16 May 2007 that Bono and Edwin John Coaster (VF editor) took to several countries in Africa. :ohmy:
On 9 May, they were in Ghana and on the 12 May, they were in Lesotho. (Very glad to see Bono back in Lesotho - a country that I am well familiar with as I belong to a local humanitarian organization that assists HIV/AIDS affected families there - so close to his b-day. )
Now, Bono did take two days off for his b-day (10 and 11 May) but unless he flew back to Dublin one day and then flew back to Africa the next day to celebrate his b-day in a place convenient for people to sit in his lap - the poster's story just doesn't hold up.
We heard nothing in the media about Bono going out drinking with his buddies at Lillie's this year or any other story about how he spent his b-day.
My money is on the most plausible story - he was travelling in Africa for the (RED) VF issue. :sexywink:
So, everybody is free to believe what they want. I just wanted to present the facts surrounding Bono's b-day this year to the best of our knowledge.
If y'all are just fantasizing and having some fun about sitting in Bono's lap on his b-day - no problem.
But I don't want any innocent people coming to this thread actually believing that someone's fantasy is actually reality.

Hey Jamila, did you know that Bono was in Dublin for his birthday this year? And did you know that he was photographed by some fans on the beach in front of his house? And did you know that those photos were posted here at that time? And did you know that those photos included an actual snap taken by his actual wife?

Do you think it might be possible that the dates in the "Coaster Correspondence" might actually be wrong? The VF magazine was in shops in June, so I find it hard to believe that the African events described actually took place in May.

Here are some of the pics taken by those very delighted and most definitely not deluded fans, on May 9th, 2007:

bonobday.jpg

bonoali.jpg

The way I understand the original post, she didn't say that she sat on Bono's lap on his birthday this year, the birthday meeting and the lap-sitting were on two different occasions. She only said she MET him on his birthday this year. Which, by the way, is very possible, becaue Bono was indeed in Dublin on his birthday. There was a report on showbiz Ireland (GG posted the link, thank you). I haven't heard anything about him being in Africa around the dates mentioned in VF. He was in Africa around this time last year, in 2006. He was in Morrocco at the end of may this year and in Tanzania at the TED event; that was before he went to the G8 summit to Germany. So I doubt very much that the dates given in VF are true. Either they made up the journey or it refers to last year's trip to Africa.

biff said:

Hey Jamila, did you know that Bono was in Dublin for his birthday this year? And did you know that he was photographed by some fans on the beach in front of his house? And did you know that those photos were posted here at that time? And did you know that those photos included an actual snap taken by his actual wife?

Do you think it might be possible that the dates in the "Coaster Correspondence" might actually be wrong? The VF magazine was in shops in June, so I find it hard to believe that the African events described actually took place in May.

Here are some of the pics taken by those very delighted and most definitely not deluded fans, on May 9th, 2007:

bonobday.jpg

bonoali.jpg

Unfortunately, biff, she won't see these cos she is "outta here." :wink:

Oh my God.

Still the same saga continuing. How DARE Bono show affection to anyone else?? :happy:

lastunicorn, we believe you. :hug:

My only gripe is, why doesn't he ever come to Dar? Why does he only go to Arusha when he's here in TZ? This is the second year in a row. Gosh darn it.

Meh.

:bono: :hug: :love: :heart: :bonodrum:

I love this pic of Bono and Ali strolling the beach from behind. There's just something so peaceful about it. I hope to stand on that very beach when I visit in 2 mos.

biff said:

Yes, indeed she could. (smile)

But some people seem unable to proceed, despite all of the help they are offered.

:|

Hey you...That wasn't very nice of you, I must tell...
And maybe I just don't want to post the photos here,he?
I don't like to post my pictures in internet. And I don't feel any need to prove you anyhow that those were nice meetings. The photos are for ME- just a nice souvenir. I don't really treat the guys from U2 like some photo-objects;) These were just nice meetings with nice people.

And yes- Bono was in Dublin on his birthday. He was in the studio with Adam, Edge and Larry. If some of you don't belive it- it's not my problem. And NO- I didn't sit on his lap on his birthday. Read carefully...

You know what guys...-A jeaolusy of some of you is awful and ridiculous, that's why Im not going to share anything with you. I actually came here today to share something with you but after reading all your attacks I just see it makes no sense.

And you know...Many of you take Larry, Adam, Bono and The Edge as fucking gods...Funny attitude...Funny and quite silly. 'Meeting with them is like meeting with God'...-Something impossible in your eyes...How about an idea that they are just normal people that you can meet normally and have just a nice time with them...?

Last edited:
Jamila said:

Sorry for you but it's all bullshit, honey;) 7.05 till 11.05 Bono and the rest were in Dublin.
I don't know from where you have your informations but better change your informant;)

Mirjam, I have never doubted your story, sorry you feel this way about sharing it now. It's sad that a few people spoil it for all the others. Congrats on your meetings, I believe you.

:hug: Mirjam :hug:

I agree with Galeongirl, I never got the impression that Biff directed the 2nd half of that post to you.

Congrats on your meeting. Like you say, they are just normal guys at the end of the day. It was my dream to meet them, and meeting them confirmed how real they are and that there is no pedastal underneath their feet. I understand about you not wanting to post pics, or more of your story. Whilst a part of me would love to hear it and share the joy with you, the other part of me totally respects your choice. I sometimes have 2nd thoughts about posting about meeting them myself...

It's such a shame that some people like nothing more than to rain on other peoples parade all the time with ill informed nonsense and accusations.

Thanks Galeongirl and Gluey. You're right, I most definitely was not directing that comment at Mirjam, and I'm sorry that she thought so. I believed every word of her story. And of course she has every right not to post her pics.
I was pointing out the extreme irony (dare I say even hypocrisy) of someone else in this thread asking for photographic proof when that person NEVER posts her own pics and rather than learning how to do it is always asking other people to post things for her.
As well, we all love to hear the "meeting the boys" stories and I think it is outrageous that this same person (who is always going on about how we need to COEXIST) would piss all over Mirjam's story and almost directly accuse her of fabrication. That's terrible.

Sorry for the interruption; let's get back to the happy stories.

Ive met Bono 4 times and Edge 2 and Adam 1, Bono is SO FREAKING ADORABLE and LOVING and ATTENTIVE!! I was in awe of him, my Bono encounters are forever in my memory.

Edge is very SWEET, SOFTSPOKEN and ATTENTIVE, He has such a beautiful face

Adam!! WOW! ADAM has such BEAUTIFUL ski, he is very SWEET and ATTENTIVE and CLASSY

I cant wait to meet them again soon :up:

Back
Top Bottom