If there was no U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carbon Leaf...they're the only other band I've followed as intently as I have U2. I find their lyrics spiritually stimulating, can name a song within the first few notes, have traveled to see them, always up front at the shows, etc.

Please make the Muse-love stop. :|

My top 10 favorite artists:

1. Beatles
2. Led Zeppelin
3. U2 (basically in a three-way tie with Beatles and Zeppelin)
4. Aerosmith
5. Beck
6. Pink Floyd
7. David Bowie
8. Radiohead
9. Blur
10. The Kinks

Lara Mullen said:
Slopsy, Matt Bellamy was voted ugliest man a few years ago here. I remember a girl I knew who loved him being devastated at the news. :slant: [/B]

He's just a short guy with a weird face:wink: but he's one of the most talented musicians of his generation, that's what makes him great.

Anyway, earlier, I forgot to mention The Arcade Fire... CAn't forgive myself...

I think my favourite band would have been Pink Floyd if there was no U2. Right now Pink Floyd are my second favourite. But I also love Björks music and maybe she would have been my favourite.. I don't know:p

too many

existing and not existing anymore -
Frank Zappa, R.E.M., The Beach Boys, AC/DC, Aphex Twin, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Will Oldham, Ryan Adams etc etc

Lara Mullen said:
[B
Slopsy, Matt Bellamy was voted ugliest man a few years ago here. I remember a girl I knew who loved him being devastated at the news. :slant: [/B]

:shrug:
matty1.png

E's GORGEOUS! And that particular pic was taken on the night I saw them :hyper: Though it's all a matter of opinion innit :wink:

If we're gonna go top 10, then...

1. U2
2. Muse
3. Live
4. The Damned
5. XTC
6. Jamiroquai
7. Blur
8. Incubus
9. My Chemical Romance
10. Gorillaz

Pink Floyd and Radiohead. And those are my favourite bands even with U2 in the mix.

1. U2
2. Oasis
3. The Stone Roses
4. The Smiths
5. The Beatles
6. REM
7. Radiohead
8. Keane
9. Kaiser Chiefs
10. Live

...so Oasis it is for me...

U2 can still exist and not be your favorite band. They're certainly not my favorite anymore. So I'll say that my favorite bands are The Strokes, The White Stripes, BRMC, The Ravonettes, The Raconteurs, etc., etc.

In terms of a band that has a large catalog and knows how to play with their sound and style it would be R.E.M. for me; possibly Smashing Pumpkins, especially now that Billy has revived the band.

mart said:
If there was no U2... I think I'd cry :sad:

me too !!!

:sad:

eheheh ....no just kidding! there are many other great bands...
u2 is of course the best band ever :)

hmmm... I'm a little bit curious what do you all think about oasis?
do you like them or rather not?

Collective Soul is my strong #2, in fact they are not that far behind U2 in terms of what I listen to (frequency wise).

Top ten would probably look something like this:

1. U2
2. Collective Soul
3. Foo Fighters
4. The Killers
5. We Are Scientists
6. Incubus
7. Our Lady Peace
8. Pearl Jam
9. Elton John
10. Alien Ant Farm

moniii said:

hmmm... I'm a little bit curious what do you all think about oasis?
do you like them or rather not?

Definitely Maybe :up:

Morning Glory :up:

Don't Believe The Truth :up:

Everything else by them :down: (Actually, there are some songs on SOTSOG that I enjoy)

So I guess I could give Oasis my approval. :up:

Back
Top Bottom