I'd like to thank the leakers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue screen

The Fly
I write this of course, rich in irony. As I was watching the Oscars last night, and everyone was thanking anybody, and with all the appreciation threads we got going on, I thought, why not have a little bit of fun, and thank the people who made it possible for us to have these threads now. As Bono says, the future needs a big kiss (Oh, damn it, it's already in the past!...F*** it), let's all give out a really big kis to the following:

1. Bono

If he were the type to listen to his own music with earphones, we would have never had a glimpse of what the album sounded like. Instead he loves his music so much, that he just had to blast it through his home system for full enjoyment. Also, kudos, to the guy who recoded it.

2. Apple

There we were two hours before the world premiere of Boots, and no leak in sight, when Apple just took pity on us (I can hear Steve Jobs saying,"There's no way I'm letting some Irish DJ let people listen to this first"), and made it possible for us to buy the song and download it to our iPods, for endless enjoyment (even if you didn't like the song, you know you heard it 20 times, AND stayed up to listen to the stream of the "world premiere"; we can be so pathetic sometimes...

3. Wal-Mart

For those who didn't like Boots, or liked it but were terrified that NLOTH was full of Boots, and again, no leak in sight, Wal-Mart was kind enough to post 30 second clips of all the tracks, just so we didn't have to worry. It gave us enough to at least think, that the album sounded interesting.

and last but, certainly not least:

4. Universal

Actually, Universal Australia (hey, all the money still goes into one big pot, doesn't it?). Hopelessly waiting for a miracle to happen (9 days left and NO LEAK!!), it did. Feeling that they had a moral responsibility, and that the clips from Wal-Mart weren't really representative of the album, they decided that we could actually BUY the album for a couple of hours, and show us what a f***ing brilliant album this was (who cares if 100,000 people got it for free...there was a moral obligation at hand).

Hope you have some fun with this thread. Who said big corporations were bad? Thanks to them, we've had the best leaks of our lives.

On a more serious note, I know there were a lot of us who bought the album from getmusic.com.au, and made it available to others. To everyone else, please buy a copy....

How about all the interferencer's who were monitoring the leak email request thread and making sure that everyone was able to get it. I thought that was super cool of them :up: :up:

How about all the interferencer's who were monitoring the leak email request thread and making sure that everyone was able to get it. I thought that was super cool of them :up: :up:

:bow: . . . they are awesomeness personified indeed :yes:

lets address the fact that you actually watched the Oscars :doh:

:lol: . . . I love the oscars in all their daggy, dorky glory . .. and, not to derail the thread . . . how hot was Hugh Jackman . . . hubba hubba :D

I'd like to thank all my fellow NLOTH virgins over there on the island for keeping me strong and ensuring that my first listen to the album will be pure :D

Back
Top Bottom