I Suck!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofnattic

The Fly
But, here's my feeble attempt at a poem about Bono:

"Short Guy from Dublin"----

Eighties' video of dead winter sky,
Iron curtain pulled-tight with a rumour of War on the tube:
A voice of ideals, a tenor with an attitude.

The frontman dances a white-flag cadence,
Belief in a BIG God fed up with polarity.

Hope and passion explode from a genius in jester's clothing.

Punk, country, blues & folk rattle with poetic sincerity;
Fiery judgement. Justice from the mouth of a 'babe', Hollywood-style.

Enter flash: Insincerity, arrogance, narcissism, rockstar goggles with '68-Comeback Leather. Glamorous video spoiled by Sarajevo Satellite. Disco balls and Devil horns. The hero doesn't fall, rather he leaps into decadence.

On with the show.......

Singer swaggers to create joy.
Lyrics beg Jesus for Peace. Psalms in the age of "nineeleven". Bonorisma, moving and shaking D.C.-style, he trys to throw his arms around the Third World:
The Irishman saving civilization.

Ya know, David...um, I mean Bonofnattic (why do you spell it like that?)...I read your thingy here, and it's really not that awful. It is slightly better than sucking. Maybe it's more like a quick-inhalation.

Anyway, don't mind those buggars for not giving you any feedback. They're probably only saving your fragile ego.
wink.gif

....Now, put down your keypad & go take the pretty green pills like a nice eccentric....

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. What a delightful portrait of the man.

I love this line "trying to throw his arms around the Third World". Wonder if anyone's used it before, it sounds so good.

To me, 'The Irishman saving civilization' seemed a bit of an anti-climax. No, not that. Just seemed like trying to throw his arms around the Third World would've been enough to end it all. Lovely.

foray

Haha! See what unashamedly whining can get you!

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I think I agree, foray. Perhaps I should take-out that last line. Of course, both of the last 2 lines are a bit plagiarized (sp?).

Thanks again for indulging my pathetic plea.
wink.gif

If you mean you're taking the lines from Bono's lyrics and modifying it, it's not plagiarizing. It's merely appropriating; completely legit.

foray

Thank you for the information, foray. I suppose that is the correct terminology, "appropriating".

Of course the one line is from the song and the next is a 'play' on the book-title, "How the Irish Saved Civilization", if I remember the title correctly.

Hey, I need every literary lesson that I can get! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom