I saw WWE last night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TNA = :drool:

AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy (now also Matt), Jeff Jarrett, Chris Daniels, Elix Skipper, Abyss, Raven, Chris Sabin, and more...

one wrestler of theirs Chris Candido died today... so Chris Rest In Peace.

Another wrestler lost at such a young age he was only 33.

come on wrestling fans... lets not let this thread die...

so what was your first wrestling event you watched properly as a fan?

Mine was WWF Canadian Stampede in '97 with the 10 man tag match

Bret, Owen, Neidheat, Davey Boy, Pillman vs Stone Cold, Shamrock, Goldust & LOD...

it was class the Hart foundation tthe biggest heels in the business at that stage playing the face...

also out of the 10 men 4 have died... (Owen, Davey Boy, Hawk & Pillman) and only Goldust is still properly wrestling as Dustin Rhodes down in TNA

RIP Owen Hart...:sad:

That was so sad, I still have the show after the one where he died, where all the wrestler are paying tribute to him, and HHH is literally in tears.:(

Answering ur question tho Chris - I was at Summerslam, Wembley 1992. They were all too far from me to be able to touch when they walked down to the ring, but Kamala looked at me - i'm sure of it!!:wink:

The Ugandan legend!!:wink:

Raven is one of the best wrestlers in the world today... no doubt the best independent wrestler today... hes already the highest paid independent wrestler which means he earns more than most high mid carders in the WWE.

SummerSlam 92 woulda of loved to been at it, I actually lived in wembley at that time, I was only 4 and didnt like wrestling so you can guess why I didnt go

I can't watch TNA :(

and I only started watching a year ago. (WWE RAW and Smackdown). I know I missed a lot of great moments.

what's your favourite wrestler? Mine has to be Shaw Michaels. and GOD I hate HHH, so go Batista... this guy is monster os muscles :ohmy:

Shawn Michaels is just a legend. To be doing it as long as he has, and not become a knob like Hogan.
It only seems like yesterday that he was putting Marty Jannety thru Brutus the Barber Beefcakes's Barber shop window!!:wink:

:bow: HBK

My fandom comes and goes. But I'll always be loyal to Shawn Michaels. I loved him as champ, and I've got mad respect for his willingness to put younger guys over.

Judgement Day is the next big event isnt it?

See - a BIG event every month these days!?
Whatever happened to:-

Royal Rumble

Wrestlemania

SummerSlam

Survivor Series

That made them all so much more special! Having to wait for each one!:wink:

I don't know, I never liked HBK. he's a little b!tch.

But Brutus the Barber Beefcake, now you're talking.......:wink:

Numb1075 said:
I don't know, I never liked HBK. he's a little b!tch.

Plus i'm certain he writes half the scripts anyway, meaning he keeps the title most of the year.
They really should merge the 2 shows, and bring it back to the good old days.

Aardvark747 said:

Plus i'm certain he writes half the scripts anyway, meaning he keeps the title most of the year.

he's has the belt for 1 month out of the last 7 years...

Aardvark747 said:

I-m with you in this one. ive been downloading and watching some videos from 1996 until now and it makes me sad, knowing that I missed a lot of moments. D-generation X were hilarious but that women looked like a man :ohmy: and I was really impressed by goldberg. he almost cut his opponents in half with that damn spear. :lol: Egde should learn from him:wink:

oh, and what about steve austin? do you wanna drink beer with steve austin? you don-t want to drink beer with steve austin?? you know what what happens when you dont drink beer with steve austin?

can anyone tell me a great match? i-m addicted to this stuff :yes: it-s like a drug... :drool:

Tyagu_Anaykus said:

I-m with you in this one. ive been downloading and watching some videos from 1996 until now and it makes me sad, knowing that I missed a lot of moments. D-generation X were hilarious but that women looked like a man :ohmy: and I was really impressed by goldberg. he almost cut his opponents in half with that damn spear. :lol: Egde should learn from him:wink:

oh, and what about steve austin? do you wanna drink beer with steve austin? you don-t want to drink beer with steve austin?? you know what what happens when you dont drink beer with steve austin?

can anyone tell me a great match? i-m addicted to this stuff :yes: it-s like a drug... :drool:

download Bret vs HBK from WrestleMania 12 - a 60 minute Iron Man Match unbelievable, or Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit Royal Rumble 2003, or any of Paul London, AJ styles stuff...

Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Ric Steamboat, Chris Benoit- Greatest Wrestlers Ever, Kurt Angle-honorable mention

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, Undertaker - Definitely NOT the Greatest Wrestlers Ever

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Ric Steamboat, Chris Benoit- Greatest Wrestlers Ever, Kurt Angle-honorable mention

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Kevin Nash, Undertaker - Definitely NOT the Greatest Wrestlers Ever

:sad:

Sorry Hulkster. I calls em as I see em:wink:

But to put it in perspective, I am talking technical wrestling and believability. When Bret Hart and Benoit look like they are hurting you or being hurt, man,they really suck you in. Excellent skills.

Popularity wise, the guys I mentioned are up there but I don't like watching them wrestle. Same with Stone Cold, his best matches were with Bret Hart before Owen snapped his neck and he ended up looking like Forrest Gump with the knee braces, boring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom