I post during school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
And I never do my work. I give technical support to people and know alot about computers but I'm getting a 50% in this clas. It's so boring. I know everything he talks about. I learn more outside of class then I do in class. People have stated to call me an underacheiver.

If I'd had the internet in school, I'd have been doing anything but my work.
For the most part, the things the teach you will never be of use to you...it's just a matter of sitting there and not gouging your eyes out.
As long as you are learning anything for anywhere you aren't an underachiever...you just realize what true knowledge is, and that it's not coming from your school

:yes:

I used to post at school all the time. Like...do I go to chemistry and get confused and want to cry? OR! Do I go to the library and post?

I picked the latter rather often, then I struck a deal with my chem teacher that he'd give me a C no matter what if I turned in my notebook at the end of the semster with all the notes and no doodling in it.

It was tough, but i did it AND I got a B. :D

I dont see the point in learning how to build a computer when I already know how. And this is the more advanced class too! I wish it wasnt required. I could be doing something productive right now. Not that I would actually want to DO something productive. But anything is better than this. See, I could probably get honours in school if I did my work. But I dont see a point. I learn the curriculum, why should I have ot do the work. I dont need to. I get the highest marks on the tests and do the least amount of work. Not my fault homework is weighted just as much as tests.

I post all day at work.

I used to use the internet all the time in college instead of writing papers, and would decide on the topic of a fifteen-page paper about three hours before it was due. :reject:

In high school I took all independent study classes plus AP English and AP calculus because they wouldn't let anyone graduate early. I was always on the computers in the library and I got in trouble with the FBI because they thought I was a hacker. :lol:

I'm in my networking class right now.

Hi! :wave:

Okay, it technically didn't start yet...*checks clock* I got a few minutes. :D

Sometimes I pop in during class though...just quick though! :wave:

I post in between my classes! :D And right now..... which I'm supposed to be "working" but there's nothing to do.... just some annoying students who come in to the office and ask stupid questions! :angel:

I'm bad

I post in class, I have to be in the same classroom Monday-Friday 8-12 and we all have computers at our desks. I sorta pay attention but definitely not as much as I should. Then I have to do extra studying. Boo.

Re: feeling really really old here

daisybean said:
Well back in my day we didn't have the fancy little internet you see before you....we had GOPHER and IRC and ASCII, no flashy colors just green words on a black screen....and dagnabbit it was good enough for me.

I hear ya old-timer...:wave:

Yeah, Bedrock high school had computers!

daisybean said:

did they even have computers when you were in school :silent:

:p

:wave:

:shocked: how DARE you!

Why, back in my day...we didn't have these fancy Windows thingys...we had good old DOS...no frills, black screen, green text..orange if you were lucky. Yup, those were the days.

Damn kids :rant:

Oh, I HAVE to revive this picture.......

In my MS Access class, my instructor was going around with a digital camera and taking everybody's pictures to put them on a network drive so we could access them for projects. I didn't realize this...and he caught me in the background, hangin' out at Interference instead of workin' on Access. :laugh:

Caught.jpg

We didnt have computers in our school. We had 'electric typewriters.'

I was one of those freaky drama kids who spent too much time reading and directing plays that I didnt do my homework. I then was pulled aside by one of teachers that I was in danger of not graduating.

Sooooooo.....

I hauled ass for three weeks, got up at 5AM, went to school, was in make-up class by 6AM, did the regular high school schedule from 8AM-2:45PM, THEN went to 1 more make-up school during the hours of 4PM-10PM, then I'd get to bed about 11:30PM at the latest after doing homework. I ended up graduating with my class. I was such a boofus for not paying attention in class and not doing my homework when I was supposed to that I had to subject myself to that schedule in the first place. I deserved it, but at least I graduated with my class on time.

I would come on here during school if the stoopid bloody teachers hadn't written me off the system, they've wiped my password off. Buggaz!!!:mad:

AliTheFOADist said:
I would come on here during school if the stoopid bloody teachers hadn't written me off the system, they've wiped my password off. Buggaz!!!:mad:

awww, poor ali :hug:

I go on the net at school when our buisness class goes to the computer lab... i also print out lots and lots of pics.... :silent: cos the printer at school is awesome :D

Last edited:
If I could only use a computer at school. :scream:

When we are allowed to go to the computer room, we do searches for articles about death penalty or vulcano eruptions. :huh: And ppl who are alowed using the PCs during lessons need to do a half-year course for learning how to use the computer proper. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom