I made it in the video shoot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I would like to say thank you to all who encouraged me to go when i though i had no chance!!!! It was awsome!!! although now i don't think i wanna hear city of blinding lights for a long time LOL here was the setlist!

City of blinding lights 1 (sounded pretty bad and couldnt hear bono sing)

City of blinding lights 2 (much much much bettter then the first one!)

Break

City of blinding lights 3 (it was okey but i found number 2 to be better)

City of blinding lights 4 (sounded amazing!)

Break

City of blinding lights 5 (this was the last time they song it when we were sitting in the seats! it was great)

Break

City of blinding lights 6 (We were all invited to GA floor) It sounded great!

Vertigo (this song is 10 times better live! and i thought the album version rocked!)

All Beacouse of You (super fantastic)

Little tiny break

Sometimes you can't make it on your own!

Its late now but i will explain more tomorow ie how the show was!

YAY dabig!!!

We've been waiting for you over in that other thread!! We just knew you'd make it!

I'm so happy I could YELL AND USE CAPS AND MAKE YOU GO TO THE SHOOT!

Now you'll owe me a drink and all the details when I'm up for the Friday show :wink:

Thanks U2girl :wink: I really owe it to you cos i seriusly wasnt ganna go thinking I wouldn't make it!!! The show was fantastic, the people were so hyped and you could tell most of those people were hardcore fans except for a couple of them where i overheard talking and they didnt seem to know much about the new album! I waited in the baking sun from about 4 to 7:15. I heard rumers that at 5 we would be let it but that came and went but we could hear U2 playing inside! At 6 someone came out and said that at 6:30 we would be let in and at latest at 7:00 PM.

By the time we got in some people were complaining about the cell phones how we had to check them in but otherwise everyone was very happy. I got VERY locky with my tickets. I was in section 105 Row 4!!!! Literaly maybe 20 feet from the stage! You know i am used to seeing u2 as little tiny guys or as in popmart they looked like small 1 mm sized people but this time they were right there i felt like i could touch bono!!!

Once we were in and seated we waited for about another half an hour at wich time the crew was keeping us entertained with them talking to us and doing the lights check and so on. Finaly U2 came out and the whole place went wild!!! Bono started at the tip of the elipse and he was raising his hands as a very long intro that sounded very much like streets was being played. The first song was okey but bonos words word hard to hear esp the "time.... timmeeeee....." Then they finished and started again with COBL. This time iot was amazing! I think perhaps the best out of all of them. Bono had it just right and the energy of the crowed was amazing!!!

They then went on break for about 15 - 20 minutes which i didnt like too much cos i was so pumped and wanted more U2 hehehe

They came back and played 2 more versiong and somewhere in between they played hokey pokey. I must say bono sounded pretty funny! I hopesomeone was able to sneak in a recorder and record that bit hehehehe. After the second pair they went on breake for another 20 min then came back to play one more version while we were at our seats. During the show the crew was telling us what we should do when they played. After the fith COBL U2 took a third brake and the people with yellow wrist bands got to go inside the elipse! The people with pink bands (which includes myself) go to go on the other parts of the floor. I was kina mad cos i go stock with someone who was like 6 ft high in front of me and i am only 5'4" so i wasn't happy with seeing the back of his head! So we waited for about 20 or more minutes while the crew was taking shots of peoples faces and preparing for the next shot! They told us they had a few surprises and that it was going to rain and we would get wet. Everyone was liek waw we are all ganna get wet hehehe. So again after the long brake they were ready and they started with the long intro again and ofcourse bono went to the tip which was like 5 ft away from me. I was almost able to touch him! I would have been able to touch him if it wasn't for that big dude infront of me!!!! Anywyas he was sooo close!!!!!! and sounded so amazing! I could see edge too and he was on fire! I tell you he can truly rock!!!!! At one point during the song Bone, Larry and the edge were in the normal stage but Larry came out to play in the (well near the tip) It was simply amazing!!! Once they finished COBL # 6 they emedietly started playing VERTIGO! OMG!!!!!!!!!! The energy of this song live is just INCREDIBLE!!!! The crowed went wiled and the red lights were amazing. The guitars sounded amazing and bono sounded great (BTW he did the 1.2.3.14 count twice!) The song was fabolouse and in the part where he sings give me what i want and no one gets hurt i think he said "give me want i want or no one gets hotdogs?" i didnt quite catch it but i think he said that it sounded funny.

After vertigo they played All becouse of you. Again this one was amazing and the enrgy of the crowed was awsome. Bono didnt do the scream though which i was hoping for. And he was playing this instrument (forgive me i don't remember the name of this instrument :-( ) in his hand. After that they all go went to the front and started shaking fans hands at which time everyone thought they were finished so people started chearing "one more song... one more song... one more song" And so ofcourse They grabed their guitars and Larry sat again and Bono said "this is for my father bob" And they started playing Sometime you can't make it on your own. It was solid gold! They sounded so good and i could actualy see the band better cos the very tall guy in front didnt have his hands up in the air! It was the perfect ending for a perfect show!!!

Getting out was kind of a hastle because the cell phone line was insane! Then i got out and saw a pretty big crowed and a long limusine like van parked near the staff entrence! The security guards kept telling the crowed that U2 wasn't ganna exit from here but the crowed got bigger. We waited for about 15 min when (i think it was the guy in the van) told us that U2 were walking to the hotel! and then the van left! At which time i was pretty confident that U2 wasn't ganna exit from there so I just left.

How do I rate this show?

9/10

What i loved?
U2 U2 U2
Vertigo
City of blinding lights #2
Sometimes

What I didn't like:

The long wait in the hot sun without water
The extreamly loud screams of some people which at times made it hard to hear the actual band

What surprised me?

That even at around 5:30ish they were still giving out wrist bands! I don't know but i think they barely reached the 4000 limit cos it didn't seem like there was 4000 people in there. ide say more like 3000 - 3500 people in all.

Anyways thats my story sorry for the bad spelling in advance or bad typos there are probs lots! :wink:

u2girlcj said:
YAY dabig!!!

We've been waiting for you over in that other thread!! We just knew you'd make it!

I'm so happy I could YELL AND USE CAPS AND MAKE YOU GO TO THE SHOOT!

Now you'll owe me a drink and all the details when I'm up for the Friday show :wink:
:wink:

I few coreections to my long review!

1. I meant to say Bono not "bone"
2. For some reason i said larry came out to play in the tip but it was actualy Adam!!
3. I forgot to mention that the raining part was not actualy water but confeti!

I apologise i am just very tired hehehehe

Did they bring a little kid up on stage, there was rumor that they were flying in the kid from a prior show who was brought up on stage?

yeah yeah yeah!! Oops Please merge me

This is a Bonafide story!!

Thanks for shairing it w/ all!

Moderator a little help please ...

I meant for this to post to

I got to the video shoot!

from dabiggestu2fan

Thanks !

my hands are tired... and my eyes are read.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom