I like the U2 book: I'm a Fan by Eric Shivvers & you should too.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pamski69

Babyface
I was flying from Houston to Chicago to see U2 on the Vertigo tour when I grabbed the last seat next to a couple returning to the Windy city from their anniversary trip to Texas. Within three sentences and thanks to my Vertigo graphic shirt, I found out I was sitting next to as big of fan of U2 as I am. He settled my nerves of flying as we bumped out way to Chicago.

In the ensuing days, Eric, his wife and I were hanging out on the floor of the United Center taking in the live taping on DVD of the Chicago stop on the Vertigo tour. After the show, we parted ways but have stayed in touch speaking via e-mail. His mother had just been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease when I met him and he was devastated. A year later, he hit rock bottom and told me he began to write. What came of those writings is his memoir: I’m a Fan – How I married U2 into my life without going to the altar.

I asked for some pages and was amazed at what I was reading. Eric was suspending his mother into the good times and examining how his life changed when she divorced his father and married his stepfather. He discovered his U2 fandom and how hard it came to him. You would think it was easy because his parent’s were James Joyce scholars and that is not the case.

When Eric told me he launched a Web site for his work, I wanted to find out more. The site is robust with blogs, images of him with Bono, his custom painted jeans, his cousin and photos of his beloved parents. I became a fan of his Facebook (I’m a U2 fan) page immediately and I suggest you do as well. The story is bigger than U2, It is about life and the hardships we go through and how we need a support network. U2 has been that Greek chorus for Eric.

Please share with others. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how Eric has spoken for all of our beloved band and us.

Cheers,
Pam Ski

Best of luck Eric with getting the book out! It's an exciting adventure you're starting out on.

And self-publishing it is a great way to make it even more challenging. A strategy (mostly) for the foolhardy ;)

Hey - Cathal,

We meet in Vegas at the preparty! I was stalking you..and have seen you in every city I drop in the see the boys. Your crazy!

Pam
Hou,Tx

For my interefence followers, I want to thank you for the suppoort of my book on Facebook and visiting my site. I have uploaded 7 blogs and more pics. I am so appreciative.

Back
Top Bottom