I Like Overcast Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Am I weird? Is this weird?

I prefer overcast days to sunny days.

I prefer fall and winter to spring and summer.

I love snowstorms.

I prefer nighttime to daytime.

Anybody else like this?

Wanna come to California right now?? All its been doing is raining and overcast.

I like warm sunny hot days :sad: Wont see them for a while still I guess. :sigh:

Thunderstorms... :rockon:

I moved from the So Cal area (OC) to the Seattle area because I like the rain. (Plus I had a good job offer, but that's beside the point, especially because I'm no longer at that job. I stay for the rain. And the Mariners.)

Too many sunny days in a row get me depressed. I guess it's the reverse of seasonal affective disorder.

Of course, California does have In-N-Out burgers, which I miss very much. I would like to go there just for a burger. Animal style, natch. :up:

the rockin edge said:
i like the rain :up:

thunderstorms:drool:

dude, you're of British descent, so you'd better like the rain.

Thunderstorms aren't funny if you're on board a plane :no:

....and do you guys want some nice cold, grey Danish rainy weather? We'll accept some of your sunny days and hot temperatures in return. That would make us both less depressive, apparently. Sounds like a good deal to me.

namkcuR said:

I love snowstorms.

Anybody else like this?

I couldn't agree more. I really have very little tolerance for the sun and heat. Damn fair skin. :reject:

namkcuR said:

I love snowstorms.

Anybody else like this?

:yes:

namkcuR said:

I love snowstorms.

Anybody else like this?

clearly, you're gothic and your soul is tortured. :wink:

I prefer nighttime sort of, since if I'm on my natural schedule I'm awake during it more. Snowstorms are nice if they happen BEFORE you have to go into school so they cancel it, but when they don't cancel school they're just sort of irritating :p Fall is probably the best season, but winter depresses me. I don't like it when it's too sunny out cuz then it's all bright, so overcast days aren't bad.

word life.

I've always loved thunderstorms. I get super excited when I see a rainy forecast. Something about it just makes you want to curl up and watch movies :corn:

I say you're completely normal! Or, atleast, no more abnormal than me :wink:

Thunderstorms are cool, but the low pressure systems that follow along and linger are not. I hate winter. We average TWO days with sun in December and THREE in November or January. I get S.A.D and want to drive myself into a tree. It's so bad, I'm moving to southern Florida for a change. Today was alright because although it was still freezing (literally) and windy, it was sunny so I walked to my grandparents from work and then walked home.

I like just being a homebody, so when it's sunny out, I feel guilty...like I should be out doing something. Overcast days let me stay inside and putter around without feeling guilty. :D

Bonochick said:
I like just being a homebody, so when it's sunny out, I feel guilty...like I should be out doing something. Overcast days let me stay inside and putter around without feeling guilty. :D

:up: Totally understand!

And im only happy when it rains!(sort of):hyper:

phanan said:

:yes:

I love thunderstorms, and I love any rain in the summertime. I don't like cold, raw rain, however.

I also prefer night over day...

Definitely a night person myself. :up:

I've had to deal with a thunderstorm on a plane once. Luckily it was a short flight (45 minutes to Chicago), but hell if I wasn't scared to death. :no:

Anyone want to swap places with me? I can't imagine enjoying overcast weather. Would you guys feel differently if you lived in an area that averages TEN days with sunshine total during a 4 month period and 301 days out of the year that are cloudy? (and those clouds aren't storms, they're just low, gray clouds) :huh: If you still want the overcast, let me know and I will arrange for us to trade places! :D

:wink:

Party Boy said:
301 days out of the year are cloudy? Where do you live?

West Michigan. Average annual days with 50% cloud cover or more is 301. 209 of those days are "cloudy" (meaning all cloudy, as opposed to half cloudy or mostly cloudy). Nov, Jan, and Feb average three days of sun each and Dec only two. I got these stats last winter and this winter I counted - it's true. In January we had three straight weeks of freezing rain and clouds. The sun finally peaked out one morning and if it had waited one more day, we would've broken the record for the longest cloudy streak. This area of the state is know for higher occurances of depression, S.A.D, and illnesses perpetuated by a lack of vitamins you naturally absorb through sun exposure. So far the only cities I can find with a lower average annual percent possible sunshine are Seattle (no thanks) and Buffalo (very similar Lake Effect weather patterns like W. Mich).

See for yourself: this is how it looks, October until May

ugly.bmp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom