I have attention problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I have serious attention issues. I was just in a meeting and after the woman had been talking to me for about fifteen minutes, I suddenly thought, "um....what is this meeting about?" because I had been paying ZERO attention and was just lost in thought. So I tried to pay attention, but then I drifted off again. :reject:

This happens to me ALL the time. Sometimes I'm even responding to people and looking like I'm paying attention, I guess, but I have no recollection of what they or I said. Sometimes someone will be talking to me for a few minutes and then five minutes later I'll say, "Sorry, did you say something?" :crack: When I catch myself doing it, I always try to pay attention, but it just doesn't work. :slant:

What was that? I wasnt paying attention. Sorry.....

Seriously, I have the same problem.

:crack: me too. Especially on the phone........... I play along, like I was listening. My close friend catches me on it, and quizzes me as to what she was talking about. :|

I have the same problem. Part of it I think is nutritional deficiencies (I say this because the problem has really improved since I've been working with a nutritionist) and part of it is boredom. It was terrible when I was in school. I just stared out the window all the time daydreaming and listening to music in my head.:huh:

I have the same problem too, especially when I'm in a boring class. My mind will just drift off and then I'll realize that I have no idea what the prof has been saying for the past hour.

My problem:

I just dont care what people are talking about most of the time.

meegannie said:
:heart: Meggie land :heart:

:sigh:

No no no. This is not meggie land. This is Sweetest Thing land. This land aint big enough for the both of us....:tongue:

I really have huge problems concentrating...why else am I here and not working on my Bio report for the synthesis of phytoalexins in cell signalling pathways? Ah yes, because I can't concentrate on it right now. I fond that if I take breaks every so often, to come here, I end up working a lot better.

It doesn't help me in lectures, however. The prof talks and I'll completely zone out...I do the same thing on the phone much of the time.

I think my mind moves so quickly that I get bored easily. I can jump from subject to subject when speaking...in my hed it all makes perfect sense but the people listening are like, "What????"

u2popmofo said:
My problem:

I just dont care what people are talking about most of the time.

This is also part of my problem. People talk too much and say too little :grumpy:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah SHUT UP!

I cant read books because as I'm reading my mind will start to wander to something else and then I look back at the book realizing I just read a whole page and had no idea what I just read.

:crack:

Angel said:
:crack: me too. Especially on the phone........... I play along, like I was listening. My close friend catches me on it, and quizzes me as to what she was talking about. :|

my mother does this to me:laugh:

I get bored really easily and always need to be entertained, so I am always not paying attention to stuff. Especially in boring ass lectures for psych classes:lol:

My mind is constantly drifting away during meetings at work. It was really embarassing when my supervisor was absent for a meeting and asked me afterwards what was decided about a certain issue. I didn't know because I wasn't listening. :eeklaugh:

I don't have too much trouble concentrating, unless I'm tired. I can however relate to Sweetest's thing (pun intended) about jumping topics as I speak.

Angel said:
My close friend catches me on it, and quizzes me as to what she was talking about. :|

Oh crap... Kat caught me doing that the other day. I have never been so embarrased yet really guilty at the same time! Seriously though, I do actually have A.D.D. I know people think that it's all bulllarky and all, but they can just bite me :| It does have it's own advantages though. For example I'm usually pretty good about faking it so that it looks as if I was paying attention the whole time :wink: Um, where was I going with this? :uhoh: Oh yea, diet and excercise can play an important part in helping your mind to be a lil "sharper."

i do that in lectures now...and when i'm reading for my lectures... :slant: I'm not usually this bad (my problems typically lie in comprehending what's said ;) ) but now... :confused:
I just went to something that relates to what i'm supposed to do my dissertation on...and i KNOW i'm a complete idiot. a terrified idiot, at that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom