I hate Elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I really really really dispise the song Elevation. :mad: I used to love it alot but my fiance over plays that song. Especially the live version and he does the WOOOOOOOOOOO thing and that drives me nuts!!!! :madspit: He plays like 10 different versions everytime we go somewhere.

I told my fiance..."I wish that song had NEVER been recorded" :( He just had to ruin it.

HelloAngel said:
Don't worry - mine is worse. I've never been a fan of "Streets."

:shocked: :no:

Elevation is a great song. I love that riff that Edge plays in the chorus, is pure fan and that crazy ass solo at the end, that's trashy stuff if you ask me. I like it a lot but not as much as I like the Fly and BTBS.

HelloAngel said:
Don't worry - mine is worse. I've never been a fan of "Streets."

honestly, me too. I always skip over it especially live versions but then when I do listen to it I really like it. But then I can only listen to it once and I'm done. :huh: Let's put it this way....it's just not at the top of my list.

:laugh: Melon and I saw the FUNNIEST thing when Elevation came on before the Elevation Tribute Band came out to play.. this girl was on the dance floor dancing and she had no idea what to do with the opening chords of the elevation remix. :lmao: she jerked her foot out, mimicing the way Elaine (from Sienfeld) danced. Tooo funny.

/random sidenote.

Elevation strikes a chord with me because I can only associate it with the opening moments of the Elevation tour shows. Other than that, I don't listen to it much. But then, I'm one of those folks in the "I'm disappointed with ATYCLB because it is an 'adult contemporary' album" camp.

Here, MG: "Wooooo oooooooooh" :wink:

I only like that song because they played it at the start of Slane. I don't really like Beautiful Day because it's always on some tv station and my boyfriend works in a bank and he told me that when he is doing something for mortgages he has to phone another bank who play the Beautiful day music and he has to hear it about 20 times a day, I said maybe they were trying to boost his morale but he put it on repeat until I wanted to pull my ears off. :|

Wow, did I count right that there are at least 2 other's who aren't fond of Streets?
I dont feel so alone. But then, despite it's undeniable greatness, I liken it to the adult contempory that is ATYCLB. Sure they're all great, but I am not a fan of it.
Lucky it isn't my job to question why :wink:

Awwwww poor you! He is a fool! :mad: no affence! But i hate it when people play a song over again and again..... It does get very annoying.

My mum has totally put me off Enrique and Gabrelle! Never listen to my music mam! you kill the music! lol!

This is why i don't play over the same U2, Oasis, UB40 album over and over, cos i might get fed up of them.

I have a bit of advice for you Mullen-Girl. Pretend that you love the song then he may give in to you! It sounds like he is winding you up.

SHAME I LOVE ELEVATION!

pub crawler said:
Elevation strikes a chord with me because I can only associate it with the opening moments of the Elevation tour shows. Other than that, I don't listen to it much.

I agree. I loved it at first but got tired of it.

I only like Streets if it's live and I'm there, and I would be disappointed if they didn't play it. But otherwise, it's a skipper.

i don't like the album version of elevation, it's just really lame. but yeah, i hate the WOOOO crap too. it's an all right song but if i never heard it again i wouldn't be sad.

like joyfulgirl, i only really like streets live. the album version is just eh, and the version of best of is atrocious.

now my least favourite song is one. discuss!

KhanadaRhodes said:
i don't like the album version of elevation, it's just really lame. but yeah, i hate the WOOOO crap too. it's an all right song but if i never heard it again i wouldn't be sad.

like joyfulgirl, i only really like streets live. the album version is just eh, and the version of best of is atrocious.

now my least favourite song is one. discuss!

I don't like the album version of Elevation too. It's not good. I wouldn?t mind if Bono stopped singing the WOOOO part if they ever did that song live too. But then again I think he likes that cause it gives him something to do while Edge is playing the riff.

One is not one of my favorite songs anymore too. I got to be in the right mood to listen to that song.

It's not a favorite of mine either, though there are U2 songs I dislike more. I can understand how it gets tiring though. When I was in the GA line there was a guy who brought his stereo and felt like he needed to play every single boot from the first leg. It not only got annoying, but replaying the concert over and over kind of burned you out on it before the show started. Of course when U2 hit the stage it was total love though :sexywink: I've never been much of a boot person, I'd like to have the shows I went to for nostalgia purposes but I don't get the fascination with having to have every single show on a tour when they sound basically alike and get boring and redundant when overplayed. (that goes for any band, any tour)

My least favourite U2 song that everyone else I know loves is SBS, my brother taped it onto a tape, just that one song, so we could sing to it in the car, after a few car journeys with my brother warbling "ooooooooh oh ooooh sunday bloody sunday" from the back seat my Dad told him to " Stop playing that :censored: tape if you know whats good for you" , my father is usually such a patient man too. :wink:

Miss Sarajevo?
:heart: :drool:
WOWY is one I never listen to but when I hear it on the radio it always sounds great.

Lara Mullen said:
Miss Sarajevo?
:heart: :drool:
WOWY is one I never listen to but when I hear it on the radio it always sounds great.

Yea! I couldn't remember the name of the song! SOZ BUT I DESPISE THAT SONG :huh:

The only redeeming part of Miss Sarajevo is Paverrati, IMO. :yuck: Unfortunately it's so far into the song I end up getting aggravated w/ the song and skipping to the next track.

Back
Top Bottom