I got a job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
So, I have been working landscaping for the past 4 months. I'm in Michigan and it's getting cold and wet which means, no work(especially lately). No work = no pay.

So I play indoor soccer with my friend and he says, "You know what I think would be cool? If you go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and get a job there so I can get discounts."

So the next day, I don't have to work of course, and I go to BBand B to apply. Turns out they're hiring...very fast. I applied, got interviewed by 3 people, and left at 4:45.

6:45 rolls around and they offer me a job. :lol:

I am waiting though to hear from 2 other places. They apparently take longer than 2 hours. :shrug:

p.s. I'm not just working here for employee discounts for my friend. ;)

I applied there before I got a job with Pier 1 Imports. The bastards at BB&B never called me in. Hmph.

Congratulations on landing a job right away though!

I have a friend who always gets a new job when he is undergoing some sort of big change, just for the discounts!

Example: he bought a car, and wanted to fix it up...so he worked at Advance Auto Parts.

When he was moving out of his parents, he worked at Target.

When he got into computers, he worked at CompUSA so he could save on $ for parts.

Its all about the strategic employment :wink:

U2Girl1978 said:

Yankee Candles is a store that sells scented candles. :drool:

Yes, one of those stores that those of us with a Y chromosome instantly start gagging when we walk through the door and into the heavy, scent-laden room... :faint:

:lol:

Congrats, Phil!

BonosBaby12 said:

Smells like heaven :drool:

If by "heaven" you mean a place where your throat closes and your nose feels like it's stuffed with cinnamon-lavender-vanilla cottonballs...:eyebrow:

I'm a whore for yankee candles! :drool:

Hmmm I wonder if I could get my husband to work there? :wink:

Congratulations, its cool they hired you so fast! And being warm at work is definetly a bonus.

BonosBaby12 said:

Why yes I do :giggle: Think deep down you know that you really love the candles and their wonderful scents :wink:

The only one I'll fess up to liking is Christmas Cookie, 'cause that one is just :drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom