I Confess Here's What I've Done!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WHAT A CREW WE HAVE HERE IN INTERLANDIA!!!

I AM PLEASED AND HONORED TO BE AMONGST ALL OF YOU!!!!

THANKS FOR LETTING ME TAKE PART IN THE BLUE HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!

:applaud: :wave:

I meant all of the above in small letters.....thx. Z!

Last edited:
1. womens department and customer service/returns Ross Dress For Less
2. Boy's department JC Penney
3. Fabric/cut table at a Joann's Superstore

right now i'm unemployed to concentrate on school

My sincere apologies for that...you see, my eyeglasses were in the next room and I couldn't see my monitor so clearly without using CAPS and I should've known better...and now that I recently praised you, I despise you! :madspit:

Yeah, I'm wearing my glasses now Stumpy!

:lol: :lmao:

OK, enough of that...what about the rest of this crew...what have you done to date??? :hmm:

Last edited:
:ohmy: I can't believe the loads of jobs some of y'all have held.

here is my resume:

I started working in 1992

1. Six Flags Over Georgia - basic summer time job that turned into a mini-career in high school. started out working as a basic ride crew member then worked up to Ride Foreman to get away from a former boyfriend. It helped that I was best friend's with my supervisors :wink:.

2. Retail Sales - worked in a store in the mall called Jay Jacobs for a summer before collge

3. Honey Baked Hams - sold hams to customers during the holiday's while in college. that foil hurt worst than a papercut when it sliced your finger.

4. Morgan Stanley Dean Witter - worked as a intern for Brokers

5. Mortgage company - worked 2 years for a mortgage company in the loan servicing dept.

6. current job - Account Executive for a major US/European Insurance company. I work directly with CEO's, CFO's, CPA's, HR Directors and Insurance Agents on 401(k) plans with min contribution assets of $2 million. Review plans to make sure they are meeting compliance regulations set by the gov't and provide proactive and reactive visits to address service enhancements to products to make sure the plan is meeting the needs of the company who is sponsoring the 401(k) Plan. It is a highly stressful, demanding but yet rewarding and creative job. I will mark my 5 yr anniversary with the company this year, which means I will get 3 weeks paid vacation :up: :hyper: and a free gift from TIFFANY's! ooh la la :flirt: this job title is also known as PENSION GEEK. :der:

Last edited:
I have only had 3 jobs and I'm 31.

2 years at a Pizza Place
8 years at a grocery chain
5 years at my current job

:|

And I gotta tell you, with all the jobs that I mentioned along with the two that I forgot, there are still two others.

Plainclothes security - Loss prevention at a major outlet

I also had a yard/house service where I contracted with several property managements and cleaned out the homes and yards of leftover tenant trash....That's It!!! :(

Several of these jobs were concurrent with the policework.

My jobs...I actually forgot a few of the big ones and had to go back to edit!! :huh:

Pet-sitter--this started when I was 10 or so and continued for several years. I had regular clients, it was great and I made enough to buy myself rollerblades one summer.

King Soopers--I think the correct title was "slave." I lasted 6 weeks.

Great American Cookie Company, salesclerk. It was ok except for the punk manager who would prank call me at work.

Shear Perfection, receptionist...I kept ending up back at this job because someone would quit, I'd offer to stay permenently and then would promptly be replaced by someone else. :angry:

Barnes and Noble--salesclerk, probably one of the funnest and most horrible jobs at the same time. I actually got fired from here--but not without one good showdown between me and the manager. I was here exactly one year, and I was coming up for a raise...coincidence?

The Kite Store--salesclerk. Got fired from here too because the manager was nuts and I refused to work full time so her and her husband could sit on their fat asses. Unsurprisingly, the place has since gone out of business which proves that karma DOES come back to get you.

The Asylum--a haunted house. I was working here at the time of the Kite Store, just a fun night gig. The KS people said if I was working HERE, I could be working THERE, even if I was doing it on my off time. I got hit, mooned, spit on, you name it. The owners were (surprise!) scumbags and the check was a whole $100 less than it was supposed to be.

Auraria Daycare--lasted a semester. Fun, but kind of gross and the pay sucked.

Center for Individualized Learning--current campus job. I'm not sure what I am. :laugh: Advisor/receptionist/file clerk/message runner, you name it, I do it! I'm quite happy except for the occasional rant. The money is good, it's quiet, my boss is cool, it's on campus, (cuts out alot of extra hassle and I can use the library and research databases), they fit it around my school schedule which retail is never willing to do. And the guys around here are pretty cute. :sexywink:

Last edited:
hostess at some random eatery.
bartender at nudie bar.
manager of hell. (video store)

and now i work two jobs

the las vegas library district and single mother. :D

Mr. BAW said:

(Answers U2Zoogirl while hiding behind bushes) - its not what you think! I do defense work - I defend the big muckety mucks, their insurance carriers and policyholders...

I stay away from that private stealth type of case where it involves divorce and cheating - or "finding a lost love" because those persons routinely can't afford to pay the bill!

People call and ask if I would "follow my spouse, I think he/she is cheating! I usually remind them that if they think they're cheating, they probably are and for them to save their money for an attorney...other than that, it pays the bills rather nicely! :yes:

I met BAW at a PI firm where she was actually MY BOSS! ha! ha! ha! Now, I'm HER BOSS!!! :lol:

so how about you???? what have you done? :confused:

:D ... I couldn't help thinking of a guy with a big coat and sunglasses taking embarrasing photos (behind bushes of course) of people cheating. That profession isn't very common here...

I've not worked as much as I want to, I still live with my parents and they support my college... but I've work as assistant in the faculty for a year, that makes you a secretary, recepcionist, babysitter (of the freshmen), events planner, graphic designer, information girl....

bonosgirl84 said:

bartender at nudie bar.
:D

What the hell!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

Why didn't you supply some entertainment at last years St. Patty's event????? I even fed you wine...you broke my wine glasses and smoked in my room and yet, you keep this from me!!!
:madspit:

How dare you!!!!! :eek:

U2zoogirl said:

:D ... I couldn't help thinking of a guy with a big coat and sunglasses taking embarrasing photos (behind bushes of course) of people cheating. That profession isn't very common here...

I've not worked as much as I want to, I still live with my parents and they support my college... but I've work as assistant in the faculty for a year, that makes you a secretary, recepcionist, babysitter (of the freshmen), events planner, graphic designer, information girl....

All interesting stuff! but the guy with the big coat probably has no pants on and that's not a camera in his hand!!! :lol:

U2zoogirl said:

Campus jobs! :up: They must all be the same! :laugh:

I don't have to do much freshmen babysitting though, I usually get to refer them to one of the surrounding offices. Instead, we have the juniors and seniors who have spent 4 years taking random classes and wrecking their GPA but "I, like, want to graduate now..." :huh:

Mr. BAW said:

What the hell!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

Why didn't you supply some entertainment at last years St. Patty's event????? I even fed you wine...you broke my wine glasses and smoked in my room and yet, you keep this from me!!!
:madspit:

How dare you!!!!! :eek:

But I don't think the bartenders are nude. :shrug:

lets see...

first to current:

cashier/baker at Mrs Powell's Cinammon Rolls. lasted 3 months

slave for McDonalds. lasted 8 months. i had to quit because my mom kicked me out of the house. i wasn't devastated.

retail at some store owned by a chinese couple who sold formals. lasted 3 weeks.

customer service rep at Music + also known as Blockbuster Music, also known as Wherehouse. also known as shut down, out of business. best job ever. had too much fun. lasted 7 years.

phone sales rep. at Ticketmaster. lasted 5 months. left cuz of maternity leave. i really loved that job.

telemarketer at Culligan. lasted 3 weeks. hated it.

assistant at some golf women's clothing, accessories store. lasted one day. the commute was hard. boss wanted to keep me tho.

receptionist at some flooring co. lasted 2 months. nice job but too few hours. was laid off.

secretary/dispatch/appt setter/slave for carpet co. lasted 3 months. left because boss was an asshole who wouldnt pay me on time. to this day he owes me $450.00. i tried to sue him, but lost the case because i was 40 minutes late. traffic. gotta love it.

telemarketer at San Gabriel Tribune. lasted 1 week. hated it.

gift consultant at Wine Country Gift Baskets. lasted 2 months because it was seasonal. was fun.

currently working as a reservation sales agent (technically a travel agent) at Disney Travel Co. started 3 weeks ago. love it!

Hmmm...let's see.

retail worker at Six Flags (senior year hs)
retail asst manager at Six Flags (fresh year college)
Accompanist for HS school plays (junior year of college, I think)
Various administrative temp jobs through college and directly after
And my current job (been here almost 2 1/2 years), logistics coordinator for Ikea (I basically run the night shift of the warehouse).

I'm currently searching for greener pastures, though. Out of retail, preferably.

Last edited:
Hm...let's see:

I babysat from 11 years old through high school, for about 23 families off and on

Paper routes

Coached gymnastics, 1998

Full time babysitting 2 kids, summer 2001

Full time babysitting 4 kids, summer 2002

Computer technician, Jan. 2003

Computer Lab technician (currently)

Senior ($3 raise in pay per hour) Computer technician, full time summer 2003 until now and will probably have this job until I graduate. I'm also a full time college student and work part time during school.

Not that interesting:

Worked at Hungry Jacks (I think it's called Burger King in USA) for 2 years, 4 months

A homewares shop for a month (they sacked me for no apparent reason- great, I hated it!)

McDonalds for 6 months (EEEEEEEVIL!)

A seafood kiosk thing for 6 months until I went on a holiday and when I came back they never rostered me on again, oh well they were nazis

then a bakery franchise for nearly 2 years...eeewww! I actually worked with this hot baker who looks like Larry mmm mmm mmm! but I had to leave cuz I developed an allergy to yeast!

I was a waiter for a week and a half- ohhh what a hideous job!

And now I work in a tiny little cookie factory/retail outlet/cafe!

Plus I've been a uni student since 1999, studying various things. And next year, I'll be a high school teacher! Yay!

Thanx. My bro is in the army, and I keep telling him that our jobs are similar. For instance, we are both risk losing our lives at work...lol

Back
Top Bottom