I Can't Get Time Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PearlJam_U2

The Fly
Goddamn stupid Canadian/American Versions!!!

I am SOOOO pissed!!! Bono is on the cover of the American version of Time, so we Canadian fans are screwed!!!
We have a pic of the Canadian Olympic Mens Hockey Team on the cover of our issue.
I REALLY wanted to pic this magazine up.

Sometimes I REALLY hate living in Canada!
First we can't get the promo CD's from Target!!! (We don't have Target up here) I had people send them to me. Now we can't get Time Magazine. Still working on getting that one. Come on guys...Do some promo work outside the US too!!! How about an interview with a Canadian mag? (as shitty as most of them are).
Ok enough complaining, I'm sorry. I'm just bitter that there are so many things that I can't get because I live in Canada.

PearlJam_U2

I live in Toronto.
2 Hours from Buffalo, 4 Hours from Detroit.
It's a little too far to drive for just a magazine lol.
Thanks though.

PearlJam_U2

Originally posted by PearlJam_U2:
I live in Toronto.
2 Hours from Buffalo, 4 Hours from Detroit.
It's a little too far to drive for just a magazine lol.
Thanks though.

PearlJam_U2

Yeah it is. If you don't get one by the end of the weekend, let us know, one of us can pick one up before they change issues on Monday.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Aww thanks ladies
smile.gif

I'll let you know.

PearlJam_U2

Is there a magazine store near you? They're usually a cafe/magazine or smokes/magazine store combination. We've got one downtown that has a big selection of magazines and newspapers, including British and American editions. I remember seeing that they carry the American Time mag there; hopefully I'll have a chance to get downtown tomorrow.

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Every little thing's gonna be alright

If you send me your name and address, I'll be happy to send you one. I saw some at the grocery store today and I knew I should have picked up a few extras but I can run back tomorrow and pick up one more. Email me at bonochick66@yahoo.com if you're interested.
smile.gif

Originally posted by stefananny:
Is there a magazine store near you? They're usually a cafe/magazine or smokes/magazine store combination. We've got one downtown that has a big selection of magazines and newspapers, including British and American editions. I remember seeing that they carry the American Time mag there; hopefully I'll have a chance to get downtown tomorrow.

I was at the Eaton's Center today...I went to Indigo, Coles, and Great Canadian Newsstand. All of them only had the Canadian Edition of Time. I'm gonna check out this big magazine stand at Union Station on my way to work tomorrow, but I think they only have the Canadian one too.

Bono's Wife...If the store at Union Statoin doesn't have it, I'll e-mail you. Thank you so much.
smile.gif

PearlJam_U2

This is very sad news.... for I too, live in Canada.... no Time for me...

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

I'm sorry that you Canadians don't get the Time with Bono on the cover! I'm heading over to Barnes & Noble tomorrow, so if anyone still wants a copy I'll be happy to send one to you. Just email me at ultraviolet_19@hotmail.com
smile.gif

I have an extra copy...

sicy@interference.com

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
This is very sad news.... for I too, live in Canada.... no Time for me...

Can'tSee, I think I remember you saying you're in Sudbury as well? Black Cat Too downtown is the place I had in mind (it has a big yellow canopy). I'm going to check there after class. If you can't get downtown I can pick one up for you if they've got them.
smile.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Every little thing's gonna be alright

Originally posted by stefananny:
Can'tSee, I think I remember you saying you're in Sudbury as well? Black Cat Too downtown is the place I had in mind (it has a big yellow canopy). I'm going to check there after class. If you can't get downtown I can pick one up for you if they've got them.
smile.gif

Black Cat! Thanks! I forgot about that place.... I'll check it out later this afternoon!

Last night I had a dream that I went into Shopper's Drug Mart and was still upset that I couldn't get a copy... but thought I'd check anyways... so I go over to the magazine rack and they're there!!! I grab one and buy it.... then i get in my car and all I can think of is that I have to get home and tell PLEBA that you can get them in Canada.... when I woke up I still thought I had the magazine....

But anyways... thanks for the info stefananny!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain on him

Has anyone tried chapters/indigo in Canada?? I tried all the 'international newstands' too, but no luck. Chapters was my last hope.

*Crosses fingers*

Apparently all of U2 is going to be on next week's cover!! Hopefully that one will be available in Canada!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Apparently all of U2 is going to be on next week's cover!! Hopefully that one will be available in Canada!!
biggrin.gif

*dies*

------------------
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday's alright...

Originally posted by u2sangel:
I have an extra copy all ready for whoever wants it!Email me at u2sangel2001@yahoo.com.

I want it, please. I tried e-mailing you before a couple of times but I think I made a mistake in your e-mail address...
Here's my e-mail addy: thebee56@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by lady lemonade (edited 03-01-2002).]

I can help out too if anyone needs a copy.

Just was by my nowadays favourite shop, an international press shop and picked a copy up and they have EVERY single magazine worth having. I can't believe how many magazines they have and many even in different version, like British version, german version AND sweden version. You can also get older copies since they keep old issues til they are sold out so just a few weeks ago I found the october mag of Details with Bono.

So you americans that might have missed out buying a certain issue and it's now gone from the shelves, ask me and I might find it. Maybe not the easiest way but in emergency cases.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
I can help out too if anyone needs a copy.

Just was by my nowadays favourite shop, an international press shop and picked a copy up and they have EVERY single magazine worth having. I can't believe how many magazines they have and many even in different version, like British version, german version AND sweden version. You can also get older copies since they keep old issues til they are sold out so just a few weeks ago I found the october mag of Details with Bono.

So you americans that might have missed out buying a certain issue and it's now gone from the shelves, ask me and I might find it. Maybe not the easiest way but in emergency cases.
smile.gif

Do they have Hot Press by any chance? The issue with Malibu Bono with Eli in the pool? *crosses her finger, please pretty please*
How about the British GQ interview that they did a couple of months ago (okay, I'm kinda reaching here but ya can't blame a girl for trying
wink.gif

So much for Time, with Bono flashing the stars and stripes, the article will be a good read! Newsweek, though had an article about corruption in the Catholic Church.

The Canadian skaters did better when they had the scandal about winning the gold. They got a lot of coverage, the U.S. media being what it is.

And I know the little Grammie statuettes are gathering dust as we speak
{{hugs.Bono.Paul or whatever he wants to be called}}

Okay girls, I'm going to Target later this afternoon so if anyone still needs a copy, let me know. I don't know how many I can get, but I'll let you know later.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by lady lemonade:
Do they have Hot Press by any chance? The issue with Malibu Bono with Eli in the pool? *crosses her finger, please pretty please*
How about the British GQ interview that they did a couple of months ago (okay, I'm kinda reaching here but ya can't blame a girl for trying
wink.gif

Oki, I forgot, I meant to mention that the only mag they don't have that is in interest almost every issue is Hot press. *grrr* I actually think that it's not sold outside ireland/UK at all. Because when I asked in the store they said that Hot Press isn't to find anywhere in Sweden. A wild guess is that Hotpress don't want it to be sold outside.

About the other mag I can check but I need to know what cover it has because they have alot of different versions of GQ and I know there are alot of older issues so I might find it. You know who's on the cover??

About the other mag I can check but I need to know what cover it has because they have alot of different versions of GQ and I know there are alot of older issues so I might find it. You know who's on the cover??

I think that Bono is on the cover but I'll inverstigate and I'll let you know
wink.gif
It's an old issue though, maybe August. I think it's the Men of the Year issue but I might be wrong...

Oki, I forgot, I meant to mention that the only mag they don't have that is in interest almost every issue is Hot press. *grrr* I actually think that it's not sold outside ireland/UK at all. Because when I asked in the store they said that Hot Press isn't to find anywhere in Sweden. A wild guess is that Hotpress don't want it to be sold outside.

You can find Hotpress at a few Tower stores in the US but they usually have only 1 or 2 copies and always a month or two behind the current issue. I buy it when I can but it's expensive. I didn't see the big Bono/Eli issue at all though, I think it was a Ireland/UK special only
frown.gif
I have the Dec or Jan issue with the Corrs on the cover if anyone wants it.

I've got 2 extra copies of Time if anyone is interested, email me at bonochick66@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Sicy:
333827%3A%3B23232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3EWSNRCG%3D32323888%3A8555nu0mrj

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that hair!

------------------

Ok I'm gonna start e-mailing tonight cause I can't find that magazine anywhere!

Mrs.Edge...I live in the east end of Toronto. You?

BTW: You ladies are awesome!!

PearlJam_U2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom