"I am a Christian first and last … I am a member of Team Jesus Christ."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:
I'd be interested in knowing what about those three are "nutty."

Okay...maybe someone else can answer my question then. What makes Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry "nutty"? Oh yes...they're evil "liberals," but what does that mean? Does anyone know what that even means?

Melon

Do Miss America said:

:lol: You always show diagrams from this site yet they don't exactly back up your claims. I don't see "hard-core liberal" from that diagram. He's at 50 in a scale that goes to 100.:eyebrow:
DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE LINK.

Did you even BOTHER to click on the link? I didn't think so. You may want to assure yourself next time.

Irvine511 said:
:eyebrow:

he is left of the center, about a 70 on that chart.

and that's what you and the site say, i dont' think that's a national consensus. also, our definitions of "left wing" in the US tend to be skewed much further to the right than in the rest of the west. finally, he is still nowhere near as left as the "nuts" described in the article are to the right.

it's another false dichotomy, like saying CNN is as liberal as Fox News is as conservative.

(and CNN is not liberal)
He certainly isn't a "moderate." He's as liberal as Alan Keyes is conservative. Not to mention, my LEAST favorite senator. Period.

melon said:

Okay...maybe someone else can answer my question then. What makes Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry "nutty"? Oh yes...they're evil "liberals," but what does that mean? Does anyone know what that even means?

Melon

the word is dead, divorced eintirely from meaning, and used as a slur by some conservatives that has a kind of Hanoi Jane connotation.

it's also a euphamism for "gay." like "activist judges." and "culture of life."

i wish the GOP could just say that they are fueled by homophobia today like Nixon was fueled by racism in 1968.

melon said:

Melon
Kerry and Clinton can be considered moderates I suppose. But Ted Kennedy? No way in hell.

Macfistowannabe said:
He certainly isn't a "moderate." He's as liberal as Alan Keyes is conservative. Not to mention, my LEAST favorite senator. Period.

no. way.

Ted Kennedy would never throw his daughter out of the house for being ... i don't know, a born-again evangelical christian.

alan keyes tossed his ivy leage daughter out of the house for being a lesbian.

Macfistowannabe said:
Kerry and Clinton can be considered moderates I suppose. But Ted Kennedy? No way in hell.

Forget "liberal." Forget "moderate." Forget all these meaningless labels.

Name specific things that Kerry, Clinton, and/or Kennedy have done to warrant being called "nutty."

Do I have any takers?

Melon

Macfistowannabe said:
DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE LINK.

Did you even BOTHER to click on the link? I didn't think so. You may want to assure yourself next time.

Yes clicked on it and my response was about how inaccurate and biased the website is.

Who's assured?:|

Do Miss America said:

Yes clicked on it and my response was about how inaccurate and biased the website is.

Who's assured?:|
BS. How is it biased? Did a right-wing think tank make it up?

Macfistowannabe said:
BS. How is it biased? Did a right-wing think tank make it up?

No just their descriptions and explanations of bills is very obvious. But just look at their labels.

Kennedy and Tom Delay are almost exactly on the same place in the grid except on opposite sides.

Tom gets "libertarian-leaning conservative" whereas Kennendy gets "hardcore liberal". Labels say a lot! Come on.

Do Miss America said:

No just their descriptions and explanations of bills is very obvious. But just look at their labels.

Kennedy and Tom Delay are almost exactly on the same place in the grid except on opposite sides.

Tom gets "libertarian-leaning conservative" whereas Kennendy gets "hardcore liberal". Labels say a lot! Come on.
Exactly the same if you're talking another country. Kennedy is one of the most liberal senators today, and his whole "Iraq = Vietnam" concept is so unfounded you want to drop a trash can on his head.

Macfistowannabe said:
Exactly the same if you're talking another country. Kennedy is one of the most liberal senators today, and his whole "Iraq = Vietnam" concept is so unfounded you want to drop a trash can on his head.

And that just shows your bias and not the true political spectrum.

melon said:

Forget "liberal." Forget "moderate." Forget all these meaningless labels.

Name specific things that Kerry, Clinton, and/or Kennedy have done to warrant being called "nutty."

Do I have any takers?

Melon

Well one of the main "nutty" things about Hilary is her idea that "it takes a village to raise a child". If she simply meant that many people will have an influence on children, that would be OK. But I don't think that's what she's saying; I think she's saying that everyone in a society has a hand in raising our children; ie: imparting moral values, etc. And that's nutty to me. If I had children, I'd want no one raising my child in that way but me. That's just one thing about Hilary. I actually think she's more evil than simply "nutty".

I believe Ted Kennedy is a raving lunatic who often makes absurd accusations, such as accusing DeLay of calling for violence against the Schiavo judges. Kennedy likes to twist things in order to stir up his constituency's anger.

I believe John Kerry is a communist sympathizer who, during the Vietnam War, visited with leaders of the commuinist Vietnamese leadership party against the wishes of his own government and while there kowtowed to their wishes and portrayed the American soldiers as barbaric miscreants. He publically proclaimed that attrocities in Vietnam by American Soldiers were much much more common than they actually were. I believe that his actions were used by the North Vietnamese to fuel their hatred of, mistreatment of, and even execution of American POW.

I can explain why I hate Tom DeLay. The man is a walking nut, and his insanity speaks for itself. All his comments about getting revenge on the judiciary for not ruling the way he wanted re: Terri Shiavo is just the icing on the cake.

But no one has really adequately described why they hate Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry. And I'm waiting.

(Note: posted before I read 80U2isBest's latest reply.)

Melon

Last edited:
Do Miss America said:

Yeah, explain how Iraq = Vietnam. Way to defend a pathological liar.

melon said:
I can explain why I hate Tom DeLay. The man is a walking nut, and his insanity speaks for itself. All his comments about getting revenge on the judiciary for not ruling the way he wanted re: Terri Shiavo is just the icing on the cake.

But no one has really adequately described why they hate Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and John Kerry. And I'm waiting.

Melon

Back up a few posts and you'll see why I consider them "nuts". I never said I "hate" them.

(note: posted before I read Melon's "note". :wink: )

Do Miss America said:

I suppose your idea of the "true political spectrum" includes places like Communist China?

Macfistowannabe said:
Yeah, explain how Iraq = Vietnam. Way to defend a pathological liar.

WTF?:huh:

Who's defending a "pathological liar"?

And many have noted the similarities between Iraq and Vietnam, many liberals and libertarians alike.

Do Miss America said:

And many have noted the similarities between Iraq and Vietnam, many liberals and libertarians alike.
There are minimal similarities between Iraq and Vietnam, there is much more in common with conflicts like the Malayan crisis or any number of other counter-insurgency campaigns.

Do Miss America said:

Yeah - Vietnam we got our asses handed to us.
Iraq - we buried Saddam's dictatorship into the pits of hell within months.

I see the logic. :rolleyes:

Macfistowannabe said:
Yeah - Vietnam we got our asses handed to us.
Iraq - we buried Saddam's dictatorship into the pits of hell within months.

I see the logic. :rolleyes:

It's more about the political and the long term rather than who won or not. Anyways this is getting off topic.

All I ask is look at your own party before you start mouthing off about nuts and what not.

Do Miss America said:

It's more about the political and the long term rather than who won or not. Anyways this is getting off topic.

All I ask is look at your own party before you start mouthing off about nuts and what not.
Oh I do. Rudy Giuliani, Alan Keyes, Ann Coulter, and Mitt Romney are free to leave the republican party by all means.

80sU2isBest said:

Well one of the main "nutty" things about Hilary is her idea that "it takes a village to raise a child". If she simply meant that many people will have an influence on children, that would be OK. But I don't think that's what she's saying; I think she's saying that everyone in a society has a hand in raising our children; ie: imparting moral values, etc. And that's nutty to me. If I had children, I'd want no one raising my child in that way but me. That's just one thing about Hilary. I actually think she's more evil than simply "nutty".

I believe Ted Kennedy is a raving lunatic who often makes absurd accusations, such as accusing DeLay of calling for violence against the Schiavo judges. Kennedy likes to twist things in order to stir up his constituency's anger.

I believe John Kerry is a communist sympathizer who, during the Vietnam War, visited with leaders of the commuinist Vietnamese leadership party against the wishes of his own government and while there kowtowed to their wishes and portrayed the American soldiers as barbaric miscreants. He publically proclaimed that attrocities in Vietnam by American Soldiers were much much more common than they actually were. I believe that his actions were used by the North Vietnamese to fuel their hatred of, mistreatment of, and even execution of American POW.

i think i know who's the nutty one here, and it isn't Hillary, Ted, or John ...

(Hillary's completely right, though, and that's an old African saying ... i don't know who i'd be today if not for my parents, my teachers, my friend's parents, my swim coaches, my brother's friends parents, my grandparents, my neighbors, etc. i think the most insane parents are those who think they can do it all on their own and think that they know best for their child ... maybe, but trust me, the smart parents read books, take classes, and seek help when needed, and i say this having extensive experience teaching and coaching; kids do best with a variety of influences and feelings of community connectedness)

(DeLay said that judges will have to "one day answer" for their rulings, and this was echoed by Sen. Cronyn from Texas saying that he totally understood recent courtroom violence because, gosh, these activist judges are out of control; both are examples of hugely irresponsible behavior and language coming from elected politicians and both should have to retract their statements and issue apologies and be held accountable should some Schiavo nut bump off a judge in the future)

(Kerry is a 100% legit vietnam war hero who saw the folly of the US government and did the right thing -- to come back hom and do what he could to get our troops out of there ... communist sympathizer? please, please -- point to a shred of evidence to support such a piece of nonsense rather than this fact-free "i believe" refrain.)

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

i think i know who's the nutty one here, and it isn't Hillary, Ted, or John ...

Irvine, for someone who preaches tolerance, you are one of the least tolerant people in these forums. And you're rude, also. Have I ever made any personal insults against you?

Irvine511 said:

(Hillary's completely right, though, and that's an old African saying ... i don't know who i'd be today if not for my parents, my teachers, my friend's parents, my swim coaches, my brother's friends parents, my grandparents, my neighbors, etc. i think the most insane parents are those who think they can do it all on their own and think that they know best for their child ... maybe, but trust me, the smart parents read books, take classes, and seek help when needed, and i say this having extensive experience teaching and coaching; kids do best with a variety of influences and feelings of community connectedness)

As I stated in my own post, Irvine. "Influence" is one thing, but what Hilary suggests goes beyond "influence".

Irvine511 said:
(DeLay said that judges will have to "one day answer" for their rulings,

And this translates into a call for violence HOW? You are making the same logical stretch Ted made. Has it ever occurred to you that he was talking about divine justice?

Irvine511 said:
(Kerry is a 100% legit vietnam war hero who saw the folly of the US government and did the right thing -- to come back hom and do what he could to get our troops out of there ... communist sympathizer? please, please -- point to a shred of evidence to support such a piece of nonsense rather than this fact-free "i believe" refrain.)

It's not just what I believe. These are credible accusations. Watch the movie "Stolen Honor" sometime.

http://www.stolenhonor.com/

Back
Top Bottom