HTDAAB sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gery

Babyface
Hi

I found that HTTAAB sales in mediatraffic are:
U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Island - 8.188.000 copies

Link:
GLOBAL TRACK CHART

Wikipedia sales of HTTAAB are the same (8 millions):
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look at the end of the page, it's only missing Italy in the sales list.

I thought that tHTTAAB were near 10 millions. What's wrong? Are the 10 millions reported in some forum threads shipment sales and nor real sales? If Zooropa has 8 millions these are the same numbers.

Cheers
Gery

I am not the expert.. but if I am correct, mediatraffic only counts for the weeks the album is on the meditraffic chart. And it does not include all markets.
So if you would count the 8.188.000 sales with sales from ountries not counted by mediatraffic + sales from HTDAAB during weeks it wasn't on mediatraffic, you should come somewhere between 9 and 10 million..
But there are others here on this forum who knows a lot more about this..

Thanks Patske, that's right I remember now too that Mediatraffic only counts de album sales only when the album is on it's chart.

The wikipedia sales are based on certifications, and I think something is missing here, maybe Italy or other country certification, because the total must be near 10 millions.

Cheers
Gery

No Probs... like I said, there are better experts on this forum then me. Perhaps they can give you more info..
I do know it sold over 3.200.000 copies in the USA en over 1.200.000 in the UK and around 85.000 in Belgium.

Here are approximate totals.

USA, Canada, Mexico - 3,900,000
Europe - 3,900,000
Australia, New Zealand - 350,000
South America - 500,000
Japan - nearly 300,000

That's just on 9 million, and doesn't include a lot of Asia and Africa, etc.
I would say 9-9.5 million actual sales.

Back
Top Bottom