How I Met Your Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
comicbookguy.jpg

C'mon, this weeks episode was pretty ordinary.

It really was. It was trying too hard to capture past glory of other nonlinear "meanwhile..." episodes.

I wish Lily's dad would GTFO. He's awful.

We get it - not only is he a terrible father, but he's a total asshole, too. I long for Lily and/or Marshall to throw him out. Or maybe he'll get hit by a car or something.

The Beekeeper episode was indeed entirely pointless. Lily's father is among the three or so worst characters that have ever featured on this show. The Drunk Train was a lot better, but again, it felt like a total rehash of ground they've covered many times before. Interesting turn of events in the tag with the reveal Quinn and her mate are strippers, so it will interesting to see how that plays out.

Like I've been saying for a few years now, HIMYM would still be the best show on television (imo) if it was down to 10 or so episodes a season. 22-24 is far too many and you end up with pointless filler like the Beekeeper ep and frustrating, reach-but-can't-grab-it episodes like the Drunk Train. Episodes like The Ducky Tie prove that this show has still got it. But the momentum and good will created by episodes like that are killed by lacklustre following episodes.

I'm starting to learn that too (the shorter the better. Dexter and Breaking Bad are friggin' awesome!)

Train episode was much better than the previous one. Lilly's dad annoys me in every other show he's been in, where he basically plays the exact same character (Everybody Loves Raymond he played the loser Brother) Ted and Robin is getting more annoying than Ross and Rachel :p

A good episode, that one, but again, it's ground they've covered before.

It felt a bit laborious to watch because, well, Ted and Robin broke up at the end of season two. They've had their backslides, yes, and it's entirely possible he still had feelings for her, but I think I find it frustrating because we know categorically they won't end up together and we're all putting Robin and Barney together.

I also felt like it didn't really hit me that hard emotionally, sort of like that storyline has completely dried up (but compare that to Ross and Rachel...).

Something Blue (s2 finale) was on TV the other night. Maybe my favourite episode of the show.

Do you mean the last 3 and half minutes were "a good episode" because up until Ted and Marshall met up in the bar for the second time this weeks episode was about as boring as it gets.

But it finished strongly after the bar conversation, maybe they are going to introduce the mother soon? So I hope the last 4 or so episodes are gonna be good!

Why do shows take so many fucking breaks?! :tsk: Not that this show's been all that great lately anyway, but that's still annoying.

Wonder where Ted's going to live now? :hmm:

Wow. That ending floored me. So much history for Ted in that place (instantly recalled him beating Marshall in a sword fight for it) and he just upped and left. That's why I still love this show - sometimes you think it's really meandering along and then BAM! it throws something like that at you. Up to that point he'd been a real whiny bitch in this episode.

"Bingo!... was cancelled."

The other stripper that came up to Barney was HOT AS FUCK.

I like Quinn. More than Nora already, and I liked her. I loved their snarky exchanges at the coffee shop.

Why do shows take so many fucking breaks?!
i know! i think they overestimate people's social lives. maybe some people go away for spring break and over the summer and stuff like that, but most people don't. i can cope with having a new episode the first week of january, and then let's just keep going week after week until may.

all i can figure is it's to make up for how in some cases, the number of episodes for shows dwindles and by skipping a week here and there, the shows still end the same week so it's less noticeable. but hell, i even wish they'd show shows over the summer, i don't expect new episodes of, say himym 52 weeks a year, but instead of mid-season replacements, why not just show them in the summer?

i knew it.

Well I really enjoyed that episode. This show isn't as strong as it used to be, but it's still bloody good when it wants to be. There's been a lot of faults to nitpick over the past few seasons, but I'm willing to forgive just about all of them because eventually the show pulls me back in and reminds me why I love it.

I really like Quinn. She's hot, but she's also one of the most robust partners any of him, Robin or Ted have had in a very long time. By that I mean the writers have given her character some depth, some interesting and likeable traits that mesh well with the character, which could not be said for Zoey and Kevin. The only problem is that the show is obviously setting up something to do with Barney and Robin, and I thought we were getting closer to that, with Barney telling Nora the truth and the ridiculously (but, in a way, thankfully) abrupt end to Robin and Kevin's relationship. Now with Quinn in the picture we seem much further away all of a sudden, unless the show throws us a curve ball - Barney and Robin don't end up together. That was ep 19, so we're not far away from a resolution... but let's hope the season ends on a really strong note. Although a quick read of some other reviews online has me second-guessing this entire paragraph.

Ted and Robin was really interesting tonight. I admit I was a little befuddled as to why they'd bring back feelings Ted has for Robin again (they broke up at the end of season two, for fuck's sake - but then again I'm not an expert on relationships in real life, so who knows) but I was glad he told her he didn't think he could do normal before they were interrupted by Marshall and Lily. Bob Saget's "I didn't see her again for a long time" was very interesting. Can't wait to see what happens in coming episodes.

Some other stuff I liked:

DAMN IT PATRICE STOP SMOTHERING ME!!!
The college kids
Marshall's sex stories
"Ted Evelyn Mosby"
"Well that was intense" "ahem"

Oprah, I knew it!

This weeks ep was okay, Like you say Danny, I go from wondering why the show is still on air to loving it in the space of one episode.

I believe the next one isn't till like the 14th of April?? :doh:

"Ted Evelyn Mosby"

It shouldn't make me laugh as much as it did, but every time Barney or Ted said that, I went into a fit of giggles.

Yeah you're right!! What the fucking fuck!

What fucking idiot is running that station?!

INDEED. :fist: I was talking with a friend of mine about this show recently, and was bitching about its stupid schedule. I looked it up on IMDB, and in the fall there were like 10 episodes in a row, but ever since December it's been on and off so unpredictably. It pisses me off. I went on a huge rant about ratings, shows getting cancelled because of low viewership (due to execs not fucking running the show with as few breaks as humanly possible, and that some will ultimately give up on the stupid show because it's never fucking on when it's supposed to be). I think I might have scared her with how mad I was getting. :lol: In Canada we don't have this problem (unless it's US shows) - every show is aired without breaks, unless it's around Christmas time, when a few weeks of break is acceptable.

Time to step off of my damn soapbox, I think. Sorry. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom