how does a box get lost just like that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonomofo

The Fly
Arrgghh! I know the are tons of people that have lost mail... but why?! :no:

My father sent 5 boxes to me in CA .. 4 of the boxes had towels etc.. but the one most important box is the one they "lost."
It had my jewelry box with my grammas wedding ring, tiffany ring, a photo album with lots of memories in it and dvds.

The one box that has items that mean things to me is the one that is missing in action. They tape the label very well to the box, and they say mabey the label came off? I don't think so..
then they look in lost in found at the place it was last checked.. I have to tell them what's inside of it... and of course they don't find it!

I can get over all the stuff in there.. I just want my grammas wedding ring and my photo album. :sad:

Thanks for listening :sigh:

Last edited:
Yeah, items as meaningful as those, no sane person would send it by regular mail.
Insurance?
UPS?

You have to be able to track the package.

Maybe it will show up later this week. How long has it been? Did the other 4 boxes show up together? Last summer all of my friends received our 10 year class reunion invitation the same day. I didn't get one so I called and they said all invitations were sent out together at the same time. I got mine almost 2 weeks later. The address was correct and it was post marked the same date as my friends. Who knows how the post office works. I'm sure your box will show up....

I had a similar problem when my bass was sent to me. The bass and the amp were sent the same day, but for some reason, it took me over two weeks to get my bass. Hopefully it'll get to you soon, but if not, I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount of time (a really ridiculous amount, though. :( ), you can file a form with the USPS.

:hug:

HI I am a doofus

Just a little sidenote....

the same doofus airline employees :reject: that mishandle your bags when you travel, also often handle your mail - and they HATE handling mail (despite how much money their company makes handling it). It is VERY low priority for the airlines. I have seen mail sit out there on the "ramp" (tarmac) for DAYS!

Yup, UPS of FedEx or something is the way to go. And it can be tracked.

Yea It was sent to me by FEDEX but my dad only insured it for $100. :( It was suppose to arrive just over a week ago. The last thing the tracking said was that it was on the ramp in SF.. and they looked for it in lost in found and they couldn't find it.
:sigh:

That's bad :tsk: Keep calling them and bugging them.

I deal with fed x everyday.. I was waiting 3 weeks once for a package and it was all because they had something wrong on the address and they couldnt get ahold of me.

my god, this terrifies me...just this morning i paid a hefty sum to have a package sent priority, global EMS overseas, and if it gets lost, so help me god...

Last edited:
I forgot to write the return address once and the package got lost i think i had a brainfart

dear god,

please let my package arrive safe and sound. if you allow this, i promise to stop stealing sharpie markers from work. thank you.

amen.

Dear God,

please let my package arrive in time. I sent it today, and they say it takes one or two weeks. Please let it be there for Valentines. If you do that for me, I promise I will go to the church in Easter. Thank you.

Amen.

:scratch: all this praying over sent packages? love does weird things to people's brains. :crack:

bonosgirl84--> did you used to be someone else? I am just curious...

angel: over the years, i have never been offered the opportunity to be someone else...therefore, i remain myself. i have no other choice, you see? so the answer is no...i did not used to be someone else. now. curious...why do you ask?

dear god,

please do not let angel be asking me this bc hiphop has publicly prayed over packages in the past.

amen.

:lol: you're funny

no reason really. i was just curious if you guys met here at Interference, and then changed your name or something to conceal your identity. :sexywink: But then again, if you did... why would you tell me? :hug: all the best to you too.

Last edited:
:heart: My frenchie sent me something in our companies overnight today! :hyper: I should get it tomorrow!! :heart:

:cute: I can't wait to see him again.

Our six-month anniversary is this weekend, but Sam and I always send each other presents late. We're just combining Valentines and the anniversary to save money on the ridiculous costs of shipping.

Lol, bonosgirl84, what do you want to know? Go talk, sure, but remember that I?m a kind of ill professional in that sense :huh:

Back
Top Bottom