How do you think Bono proposed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love_u2_adam said:
i had a thread and it was like how would adam propose...and i got told not to make stupid threads:wink:...but its ok bono rules pleba!!!!

Because your thread was full of speculation about Adam's relationship. Bono and Ali are clearly married.

Honestly I think this thread is a load of shite as well. I'm sure there's a good reason we don't know how Bono proposed....starting with the fact that it's none of our damn business. :shrug:

xtal said:
I heard it was low-key, some type of family affair. Bob later pulled Ali aside and tried to talk her out of it...they were young and in love! Ali was working for an insurance company~ and there wasn't a ring involved.
Ah shit, I really don't know for sure. It's what I remember reading or hearing...

Just to clarify -In the Flanagan book, Bob joked that many years later he told Ali that he tried to warn her, but she was too in love, or something like that :wink:. He was joking.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Honestly I think this thread is a load of shite as well. I'm sure there's a good reason we don't know how Bono proposed....starting with the fact that it's none of our damn business. :shrug:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

True story: I know someone who couldn't think of a cool way to propose, so he took his gf to some remote summer camp where they met, and the BROKE UP WITH HER, got in a HUGE fight until she was calling her dad to come get her, and THEN he proposed. WTF? Men :rolleyes:

:rockon:

That was a TERRIBLE way to propose.

And as far as Bono goes... He has changed a lot over the years. And at the time he proposed I'm guessing he wasn't as romantic as he might be now.

But I am interested in knowing.

I'm so proud of Bono and Ali for showing us that true love conquers absolutely everything. :)

Babydoll said:
can you please upload this, darling kafrun? my pc wont let me see anything on youtube :banghead: :(
You can't? And youtube is the greatest, you poor thing :sad:

:madwife: at your computer..

I'll try and get that uploaded later :)

thank you! yeah, my stupid pc doesnt have the macromedia flash player needed to view a bunch of sites and each time i try to download it or save it from a disk, it freezes and does wierd stuff
:(

For babydoll and anyone else interested in the Larry/Adam shirtless goodness:

Mission Impossible -
http://s39.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0HHDX5YZN8G5K1RO0HD7D6R4Z3

Hey, I started this thread and it was just to start a conversation of what people think. Half the things we discuss on this board isn't any of our "damn business" but we are still curious. There is nothing wrong with a little speculation.

youtwohearts said:

Hey, I started this thread and it was just to start a conversation of what people think. Half the things we discuss on this board isn't any of our "damn business" but we are still curious. There is nothing wrong with a little speculation.

:drool:

BonosBaby12 said:
I actually thought this thread was rather tame :shrug: Admire anyone who marries young and is able to maintain a strong relationship like Bono and Ali.

Admiration and speculation are two different animals. There are several respecftul and tasteful threads admiring Ali, Ali & Bono's relationship, and their anniversaries.

Speculating over marriage proposals just seems....weird. If I knew a bunch of strangers were guessing as to how Phil had proposed to me, I'd :eyebrow:

Also, I believe it's crossing a line as far as the following clause from FAQ rules:

Posting about the bands' private life...is not allowed....There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

Well we are far from discussing their private life in this discussion. We are talking about speculation of how do you think it was done. I don't see any mods making any remarks in this thread saying that we were crossing any lines. I respect their "private life" it was just a question.

Speculation leads to rumors....rumors that are then posted on various websites and over the years they become "fact" to some people, not fiction. You might think speculation is harmless but someone else might not read the whole thread and take your speculating for the truth.

Admiration and speculation are two different animals. There are several respecftul and tasteful threads admiring Ali, Ali & Bono's relationship, and their anniversaries.

Speculating over marriage proposals just seems....weird. If I knew a bunch of strangers were guessing as to how Phil had proposed to me, I'd :eyebrow:

Also, I believe it's crossing a line as far as the following clause from FAQ rules:

I am very aware that they are two different things. All I was saying that it didn't seem to me personally that this thread was crossing any lines. As for discussing "private life" I would believe that would go much deeper than the basics of how Bono proposed. This is just my opinion though. Realize everyone has their own degree of privacy and how they feel about certain topics. Believe TwoHearts was curious and thought she would ask a harmless question.

As for the speculation part leading to other things I can believe that. Some do have minds that work overtime and create things that just aren't true.

Last edited:
This thread wasn't suppose to start an argument it was just a question as to if he asked romantically or comedically. It wasn't a where, when, how, what kind a questions so no rumors could be started. I can see the cause for concern if I asked describe how you think he proposed and everyone put a story in than it certainly would be fan fiction.

Oh and I love to talk about how my husband proposed because it was cute, romantic and one of the most memorable experiences in my life.

I was in Vegas and he dropped the ring in the bucket of my quaters. He was already kneeling on the floor next to me and I picked up the ring out of the bucket and he asked me.

I like the story, thanks for asking.

:huh:

BonosBaby12 said:

it didn't seem to me personally that this thread was crossing any lines. As for discussing "private life" I would believe that would go much deeper than the basics of how Bono proposed. This is just my opinion though. Realize everyone has their own degree of privacy and how they feel about certain topics. Believe TwoHearts was curious and thought she would ask a harmless question.

youtwohearts said:
I was in Vegas and he dropped the ring in the bucket of my quaters. He was already kneeling on the floor next to me and I picked up the ring out of the bucket and he asked me.

I like the story, thanks for asking.

You are very welcome :). Love hearing stories about proposals. Your husband certainly did make your's a memorable one! Think it's very sweet :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom