How deep does your U2 obsession run?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcbiggs2002

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just like to know, coz yesterday, I went to my local news agents to find the November issue of Q that has 20 different covers to celebrate their 20th anniversary. And I was hoping to find the U2 cover which unfortunately I didn't, but I was going to buy a copy anyway coz of the U2 interview inside, but I decided to ask the sale person at the counter about the possiblity of finding the U2 cover version, i.e did they have it in stock, she said no, but she would put the word out to ALL the newspaper agents in the WHOLE country (i.e. Finland) to see if the U2 cover was available anywhere and put an order in for me! Now I'm just waiting to hear from the news agents!! :ohmy:

Does any one think is this to be a little too extreme? :wink: Have you ever done anything (and I'm not talking about waiting in the rain/cold for tickets/concert, nearly all of us have done that, I'm sure, at some point during our fanhood!) but something most ordinary, (and I'm not even talking about spending lots of money either!) or should I say more casual, U2 fans would never think of doing?!? Like buying the single disc ZooTV DVD as well as the double disc version.....which I did!! :p

Last edited:
I did exactly that, I went to my local music shop and they didn't have the U2 cover so I asked them if they were going to be getting any more. They said no so I trekked halfway across town to see if another shop had the U2 one. Fortunately they did as I was planning on moving on to the next town if they didn't!

I can get hold of the U2 cover one if anyone wants one :wink:

All my friends know about my obsession and save any pics from newspapers, no matter how small for me.
When I find out I'm like :hyper: YAY piccy of Bono!! :hyper:

Even though I have the pic in much clear version in many books/photobucket.
Crazy lol

I was almost willing to pay $28 on Ebay for this magazine--but so far have resisted--waiting til next month to see if Borders here in my town by some chance has it. :ohmy:

I think we know how deep my obsession runs....:laugh: Although I don't like to call it an obsession I like to think of it as an affair of the mind. :ohmy:

The proof is in the puddin...(down below)

My daughter has lost all respect for me--she caught me reading Fan Fiction. She said I can't believe you are that obsessed. :sad: What can I say. :shrug:

JCOSTER said:

But, hey you only live once. :wink:

Thats what I keep telling my dad about Hawaii.. He would probably more eager about this trip if he wasn't paying!

I'm quite suprised my family haven't disowned me yet actually!

I don't have an obsession with U2 and I don't have an obsession with any other band :reject:

I just love the music :heart:

My hubby and I have been saying "boy!" after someone says you too since 1980. :rolleyes: But my obsession didn't start til much later... now days, people around me just roll their eyes as soon as anyone says you too or edge, just because they already know what I'm thinking :reject: ... I don't have to say a word :shifty:

It USED to be an obsession! Especially in the mid to late 90s! :drool: Of course the fact that I only knew Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, Zooropa, Rattle & Hum and Pop and had so much more to explore.. helped! Nowadays it's more of a healthy ( :p ) appreciation for their music, reliving their past work and so on.

Let's just say that I had better costume ideas, but none that I wanted to try out more than this one. And yeah, that's me.

medge2.jpg

I'm pretty obsessed. My wife knows that if she slept with anyone from the band, I wouldn't be upset in the least. In fact, my obsession would probably then ask of her to sleep with more of them. So yeah, I'm a little obsessed. :wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
I'm pretty obsessed. My wife knows that if she slept with anyone from the band, I wouldn't be upset in the least. In fact, my obsession would probably then ask of her to sleep with more of them. So yeah, I'm a little obsessed. :wink:

:lol:

You only need to really start worrying when you sleep with anyone from the band :wink:

UKTan said:

:lol:

You only need to really start worrying when you sleep with anyone from the band :wink:

There are times I wish I were a woman. :shh:

...then again, if I was I probably would never leave the house or even get out of bed. :ohmy:

Not that obsessed :wink:

actunbb.jpg

Actually, I call it more of a deep admiration. I got the plate to honor them and one of my favorite albums. At the same time, telling people to be careful and stay off my tail :D

Of course, non u2 people will just scratch their heads.

Galeongirl said:
:hmm: I am going to Amsterdam tomorrow, and hopefully I can find a U2 cover, if I can't I'd love to take up your offer Daisy!

No probs Gg :wink:

My family and boyf thinks I am totally nuts cos I keep going off to Dublin for the weekend to 'visit'. Last one was this weekend with other U2 obsessed fans too! Was wicked, love the place. I didn't want to leave.

Roland of Gilead said:

There are times I wish I were a woman. :shh:

...then again, if I was I probably would never leave the house or even get out of bed. :ohmy:

So would you admit to having, what Brian Williams calls, a "man crush" on any member/s of the band?!? :wink:

My family are so used to me talking about Bono as if he was a member of a family that they don't bat an eye lid any more when I mention his name. And if Bono/U2 make an unschedualled appearence on the telly and I'm not in the room, they call out "Come quick, your boyfriends on the telly!" :reject:

In comparison with everyone I know, I am as obsessed as possible. But with the Blue Crack, not that much.

MadDaisy said:

No probs Gg :wink:

My family and boyf thinks I am totally nuts cos I keep going off to Dublin for the weekend to 'visit'. Last one was this weekend with other U2 obsessed fans too! Was wicked, love the place. I didn't want to leave.

lol I'd wish I could go to Dublin! I will tho, sadly I've nobody to go with :(
Thanks for offering the chance btw, I'll let you know tomorrow if I could find it(my sister said there was a store in A'dam wich had english and american books and magazines so I hope they have the right cover!

Galeongirl said:

lol I'd wish I could go to Dublin! I will tho, sadly I've nobody to go with :(
Thanks for offering the chance btw, I'll let you know tomorrow if I could find it(my sister said there was a store in A'dam wich had english and american books and magazines so I hope they have the right cover!

I'd go with you in a flash. :wink:

I found Q with the U2 cover at Border's. Look in the Music section of the magazines, it's there, and check Barnes and Noble, too.

Loar said:
Let's just say that I had better costume ideas, but none that I wanted to try out more than this one. And yeah, that's me.

medge2.jpg

I'm right there with you! This Halloween, I will be going to college as Bono. I grew my hair out and found a pair of blue-tinted sunglasses in a clothing store after searching for months. I wonder what the reaction will be of my friend who know how I'm obsessed I am.

I was going to go as Macphisto but I figured that dressing like the devil wouldn't be a good idea at a Catholic institute. :lol:

Last edited:
One of these days I promise I'm going to be Macphisto for Halloween. I've wanted to do it for 5 years now. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom