How can true fans of MYSTERIOUS WAYS......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M Ways with ot without solo...pointless discussion. Its live performance is dead for a long time. It needs to be played full throtle with sexy groove. That´s something the band isn´t capable of these days. It should have been dropped after Popmart.

If you got to pick a setlist for one night, what would it look like?

You have interesting tastes, and your opinions always spark reaction. I'm just curious what would be your perfect IE concert?

Not one of my favorite songs......until I heard it live. Great song at a concert!!!! Soooo much fun. That's what concerts are supposed to be right, fun?

Mysterious Ways is the 90's equivalent of Pride. It will almost always be played and the die hards will be sick and tired of it. But, it's still a great live song that will get the crowd pumped.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I agree, but the difference is Pride still has the appeal, the emotion while Mysterious ways lost its orgasmic passion after ZooTV. It was epic, animal back then.

If you got to pick a setlist for one night, what would it look like?

You have interesting tastes, and your opinions always spark reaction. I'm just curious what would be your perfect IE concert?

Kiss The Future, fuck the past! I want my favorite band to play their current stuff or previously abandoned material, not warhorses that everyone expects and they are obviously tired of.

1. Invisible
2 California
3 Soldier
4 Get On YOur Boots
5 Iris
6 Volcano
7 Wolves
8 Electric Co
9 Electrical Storm
10 When I Look At The World

11 Real Thing
12 Elevation
13 Angel of Harlem/ Love Comes To Town
14 Ballroom/ Lucifer
15 Wave album version
16 No Line
17 Unforgettable Fire/ UV
18 Zooropa
19 Boy Fall From The Sky

20 Streets
21 WOwy
22 Troubles

cause thy are going through the motions

They look far from going through the motions on this tour, hell check out the video of one from Chicago (4k version) when Larry makes a mistake he actually burst out laughing so when Larry is having so much fun you know they are far from just going through the motions

They look far from going through the motions on this tour, hell check out the video of one from Chicago (4k version) when Larry makes a mistake he actually burst out laughing so when Larry is having so much fun you know they are far from just going through the motions

I've heard 3 band members make numerous flubs during MW on this tour and not seem to care either way. More so than other songs this tour.

Sometimes during old songs Bono seems more interested in the snippets than his own lyrics.

Mysterious Ways is the 90's equivalent of Pride. It will almost always be played and the die hards will be sick and tired of it. But, it's still a great live song that will get the crowd pumped.

At my two shows in Chicago, I had plenty of people around me start freaking out once Edge kicked into the riff, with some turning to each other screaming and the look of "Oh MY GOD, MYSTERIOUS WAYS!" written on their face.

So yeah, it gets a swell reaction live. :lol:

At my two shows in Chicago, I had plenty of people around me start freaking out once Edge kicked into the riff, with some turning to each other screaming and the look of "Oh MY GOD, MYSTERIOUS WAYS!" written on their face.

So yeah, it gets a swell reaction live. :lol:

Doesn't say if the band have any personal interest in playing it or the fans around you thought it was played well. Simply a Pavlovian response where casual fans get a free peanut.

Kiss The Future, fuck the past! I want my favorite band to play their current stuff or previously abandoned material, not warhorses that everyone expects and they are obviously tired of.

1. Invisible
2 California
3 Soldier
4 Get On YOur Boots
5 Iris
6 Volcano
7 Wolves
8 Electric Co
9 Electrical Storm
10 When I Look At The World

11 Real Thing
12 Elevation
13 Angel of Harlem/ Love Comes To Town
14 Ballroom/ Lucifer
15 Wave album version
16 No Line
17 Unforgettable Fire/ UV
18 Zooropa
19 Boy Fall From The Sky

20 Streets
21 WOwy
22 Troubles

Not bad. I don't hold Boots and Boy Falls From the Sky in high enough regard to be in my setlist.

Who can blame them, when they play the song for 365 time in row? I blame their decision to be crowd pleasers.

I think only Vertigo and B-Day have perfect streaks at the moment, though Streets might be 23-25 years in a row, minus the JT/LT shows. Those 3 songs sound OK this tour so far, I just wish Better/Mysterious could now be put into rotation plus Sunday Bloody Sunday given some nights off as well.

Right so the people actually enjoying it are just pretending?

If your idea of fun is spending $300 to watch bored rock stars doing leisurely, disinterested versions of songs they've done 500 times that are inferior to certain u2 cover bands or the Sarajevo Popmart broadcast, then knock yourself out.

I think only Vertigo and B-Day have perfect streaks at the moment, though Streets might be 23-25 years in a row, minus the JT/LT shows. Those 3 songs sound OK this tour so far, I just wish Better/Mysterious could now be put into rotation plus Sunday Bloody Sunday given some nights off as well.

If your idea of fun is spending $300 to watch bored rock stars doing leisurely, disinterested versions of songs they've done 500 times that are inferior to certain u2 cover bands or the Sarajevo Popmart broadcast, then knock yourself out.

Oh Christ really? I spent $65 and I would say that every classic song with the exception of One and Streets sounded much more energetic than they did on the last two tours. Even MW (which yes I wish they'd bring the solo back too) sounded really good and the band looked anything but bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take the lamest performance of One over any great cover of Acrobat.

M Ways with ot without solo...pointless discussion. Its live performance is dead for a long time. It needs to be played full throtle with sexy groove. That´s something the band isn´t capable of these days. It should have been dropped after Popmart.

I agree with this actually, so there.

Oh Christ really? I spent $65 and I would say that every classic song with the exception of One and Streets sounded much more energetic than they did on the last two tours. Even MW (which yes I wish they'd bring the solo back too) sounded really good and the band looked anything but bored.

Leave him to it, probably still got a titty lip because he couldn't get into the rehearsal

Leave him to it, probably still got a titty lip because he couldn't get into the rehearsal

I'd like to thank Urban Dictionary for the definition of titty lip. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if he's still impacted by not being able to enter rehearsals, that grudge can stay for a while.

I'd like to thank Urban Dictionary for the definition of titty lip. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if he's still impacted by not being able to enter rehearsals, that grudge can stay for a while.

I flipped out when the band didn't let me on stage last week. I made a list of potential candidates to get on the stage and I was the only one on it. I feel like I got screwed.

Back
Top Bottom