HOT PRESS Awards WEBCAST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
the link doesn't work!!!!
frown.gif

for details on the Hot Press awards, go to EYKIW under the "Hot Press Awards Updates" thread.

so far, U2 has won best live act for Slane 2001.

smile.gif

Edge said they would have a Slane DVD out before Christmas.
eek.gif
He was kidding, right?

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I know but heh im now 17 woooow soooo old lol!!! i did eat too much...i cant move...im so sick....im dilusional...i bet maddie is campin out waiting to see those men in the rain too lol and then my friends dad getting to smooch bout with them....and she foned me to rub it in aaaawk ....some ppl have sooo much fun!

Ana you would love my cake...its a Holly Hedgehog cake and all chocolate yummmmmmmmy

U2 wins best band!
biggrin.gif

Best Band: U2
U2 Like a rock Tyrannosaurus that simply refuses to become extinct, U2 are still around and still devouring the opposition for the much-sought-after title of "The Best Band in the World"?. Unlike a rock dinosaur however, and perhaps more like a chameleon, they keep reinventing themselves. From scrathcy punk to postmodernism and disco via stadium rock, U2 have conquered all and returned to their musical roots with their most recent release, "All That You Can?t Leave Behind", which also spawned their Single nomination, "Stuck in a Moment You Can?t Get Out Of".

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

I tried to blow it up to see what was on his hat and check out his hairdo- I am a sorry and depraved soul lol
rolleyes.gif
Too blurry oh well.

1hotpress.jpg

WHY are there no pics on the major services?!

------------------
I've seen his baby blue eyes in the freeze frame so many times I feel like I'm his very best friend~~~~

[This message has been edited by Desire4Bono (edited 04-25-2002).]

Wow, girls, cool pic of Bono outside the BBC!!!!!!!!! Actually this may sound a bit 'stupid' but its nice U2 were in Belfast and it was an event associated with Belfast for u all to share.....
smile.gif

Anyway tanks again for understanding.......I went home and mum looked a little tired, and at first I felt a bit guilty in that I woulda felt I was 'dragging' her out, but she fought with herself and reckoned she needed it......so we went to nearby cinema to see 'Man and Boy' (which I highly recomment - esp as U2s Zoo Station is played in it at full volume
biggrin.gif
) and she just became more alive and brighter from being out..........she enjoyed the film a lot......
biggrin.gif
(I know what films me mumsie likes ) and after we went to the video store and I rented out two tapes, inc one that she wanted to see, and she ended up staying awake til 2.30am, and yes, we both watched her film!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
it was cool.....
biggrin.gif

ANYWAY!!! what I did do..........
wink.gif
was drove into Belfast around 9.50pm and parked across from the BBC to get a taste of the atmosphere..........there were a few Irish cars parked around and bouncers still at BBC and just a handful of young 'uns standing struggling to see through the doors, but u wouldnt see much cause theres a walkway, a long one, until u reach the studio where the event took place...............but it was pissin down..........however I walked down to the shop, and caught sight of the big truck at the side of the Europa where they had like moving lights on the side of the building and loud music playing,,,,,,,,,,,,no-one standin round though.........damn wish all u Plebians had been there......................

I goes in and says, 'Look at 'at 'oer there 'eh?' and he goes 'yeah', I says, 'so ah, who all went it?' He goes 'Well U2 and Radiohead are still in there', I roll me eyes going........'awww and I love U2'
He goes ' couple of girls met Bono earlier'..........I go 'I know, they are my favourite band'..............I purchased somethin and left........I wasnt gonna hang around.............wanted to go home and watch the vid with me mam..........however I couldn't just miss taht quick opp to see the situation.........

so thats my story......pity pity pity.....I know I coulda won at blending in and gettin snaps.....possibly get to shake his hand, I mean, when would there ever be such an opp again??
frown.gif

however last night, it felt more important to me to see my mum become alive and well again...........it did her good to get out after all girls, AND theres now a big chance she could go on holi next Tues after all, isnt that great girls?

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((maddie hugs all Plebians)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

yoinked this off atu2.com
doesn't look like any of them have melted or anything since we last saw them
wink.gif

Methinks Mr. Bono looks better 'n' he did at the Grammys..

2185.jpg

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

(((maddie)))
Glad you and your mum had a good time last night. U2 can wait.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Kristie:
yoinked this off atu2.com
doesn't look like any of them have melted or anything since we last saw them
wink.gif

Methinks Mr. Bono looks better 'n' he did at the Grammys..

2185.jpg

At least he's not drunk and not wearing shades.

Here's the story:

U2 Were in Belfast Last Night to Receive Three Hot Press Awards.

This time the band won Best Band and Best Live Act at the annual Hot Press Irish Music Awards, while Bono was voted Best Male Singer.

Dundalk group the Corrs also had a successful evening picking up the Best Pop Act, while drummer Caroline was presented with the Rory Gallagher Musician Award.

Taking place at the BBC's Blackstaff studios in Belfast, Downpatrick band Ash opened the evening with a rousing rendition of their hit single Burn Baby Burn and were also invited up to the podium to collect awards for best album for Free All Angels and best single with Shining Light.

DJ David Holmes received the Special Contribution to Music Culture Award while Westlife took the Outstanding Achievement in Popular Music Award.

Radiohead bagged the top Live Gig by an International Act for their performance at Belfast's Odyssey.

U2's shows at Slane Castle last summer won the award for the 'Best Live Gig In Ireland by an Irish Act'. And as Hot Press reports, 'This was always going to be a special gig for "The Biggest Band in the World" - a homecoming of sorts given that they had made their first appearance at Slane Castle supporting Thin Lizzy twenty years previously. Then, in the week leading up to the gig, the band were rocked by news of the death of Bono's father, lending even greater significance to the occaision. Peaking with an emotional version of "Kite" dedicated to Bob Hewson, Slane 2001 will always be remembered not merely as a concert, but also as an extra special day that will live long with those who witnessed it.

The Irish Music Awards will be broadcast on BBC One Northern Ireland tonight (Friday 26 April) at 2235 BST and on BBC Choice at 1900BST on Sunday.

Okay Irish/British/satellite girls, we want a video and stills please.

Oh tank u girls ((((((((((((((((((Jody and Daisy)))))))))))))))))))

unfort - Im a pessamistic, so I doubt my time will ever come......its a horrible feeling that U2 will be in hiding for a year or so..........maybe I should meet up with some of the girlies in the lobby of The Clarence some Sat and be really loud about not getting a Bono siggie.......
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

naaaaaahhh

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

actually I can still see Bono entering in 98........I have it all on video.......how excellent he looked, sometimes u just cant beat that hooded, red shades look...
biggrin.gif

ROCK ON BONO!!!!

(heres hopin someday I gets ta meet ya....)

Originally posted by mad1:

unfort - Im a pessamistic, so I doubt my time will ever come......its a horrible feeling that U2 will be in hiding for a year or so..........maybe I should meet up with some of the girlies in the lobby of The Clarence some Sat and be really loud about not getting a Bono siggie.......
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

naaaaaahhh

I'm pessimistic too, but you have a better chance living over there. I KNOW I'll never meet him!

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

Maybe Bono will make the no shades thing more of a habit. I like his shades (still seaching for a pair of cheap knock offs) but it's nice to see his eyes.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I like his shades (still seaching for a pair of cheap knock offs)

Emily, I found a couple of pairs of really cheap knock offs at Wal Mart. $15

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

Maybe he quit wearing the shades, at least for now because he's been so maligned in the press for it. Journalists feel they make him seem pretentious and arrogant and they want to take them off and break them. There was a thread about this on EYKIW recently. Some people said, he made his point with the shades, now take 'em off. Then again maybe he doesn't care what anyone says
wink.gif

As far as whether or not he looks 'hot' I must see a better closeup pic before I pass judgement. Maybe some will turn up soon. I have searched to no avail.

------------------
~*"I DO go on, don't I?"~*-Bono, after making a speech, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001~

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-26-2002).]

(((((maddie))))) hope your mum gets to feeling better...and that's WAY more important than an awards show! We love you!
smile.gif

And *ahem* Is the mesh back for Lardence?

Originally posted by Kristie:
2185.jpg

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Back
Top Bottom