hello hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macphisto1973**

Babyface
hello everyone this is my first post here and I just wanted to share my little sister's story about meeting Bono recently! i wasnt sure if should post this here or not but im sure a moderator can help me out. this is the email she sent me.

I was out with my mates during practise this week and who should show up but BONO, your idol! He was really great and he spent alot of time talking to us. He was in the area picking up his daughters from school. i tried to call you so you could speak to him a little bit but you didn't pick up. One of my friend's mum's took a photo of us though, so I'm sending it to you.
Dont you wish you were here????

menbonoxi2.gif

well that's all she wrote but I couldn't believe that i didnt pick up that phone when she rang me!

Hi there and welcome to the forum Macphisto1973! :wave:

I hate to disapoint you and your little sister but I have to agree with eveyone else who's posted, that's not our Bono! You don't mention where or when this supposed meet took place but Bono's been in the south of France over the last couple of weeks and before that in Dublin, as you'll see from all the pics in the Band meeting and Sightings forum.

Where was this supposed to have happened? IF Bono was really picking his kids from school, it could only be Dublin. BUT this is clearly NOT Bono in your picture, sorry.

Sorry and Welcome to PLEBA..

As others have mentioned.. THIS IS NOT BONO.. but a Bono Impersonator who goes around claiming that he is and not really telling people that he is a impersonator.. It is this person here: Bono Impersonator Pavel Sfera

A lot of us have some not so kind words that come to mind in regards to him. However, we can't discuss it here for other reasons.

he spent alot of time talking to us. He was in the area picking up his daughters from school.... One of my friend's mum's took a photo of us though, so I'm sending it to you.

The person in that photograph actually spoke at some length to kids at a soccer practice pretending to be 'Bono picking up his daughters from school'??

1. The person in that photo is not Bono.

2. Bono's kids likely don't go to school anywhere near there.

When I add 1 + 2, I get a person actually deliberately stopping at a kids soccer practice to pose as Bono. What kind of person does that?? :huh:

:tsk:

How can you be so sure that this isn't Bono?

It looks exactly like the bonosaurus to me in any aspect.

he doesn't look anything like Bono at all, and if any person should know that, it's us PLEBAns... :wink:

it's not Bono, and I'm 100% sure. Just look at the greasy longish hair!

Sorry that your first post on this forum has to be ruined like this Mrmacphisto, but Bono is in Dublin at the moment, they were at the studio yesterday, and this guy is a common impersonator who loves to FOOL fans.:|

Hope this won't ruin your staying at our forums!

Yeah not only does it look nothing like him but Bono did cut his hair, a long time ago. Really a shame this guy is still lurking around... and talking to kids... creepy.

Browsing this forum just for half an hour would show you what Bono looks like right now. Go to the Bono in Cannes Thread and you'll see. There is no doubt the guy your sister saw was NOT BONO.

We could invent this new acronym smiley, considering how often these things happen: NB = NOT BONO

- no bono nose
- hair too long
- chin + lower jaw
- bono is more in shape
- this guy looks like a unicorn with two horns on his front

How can you be so sure that this isn't Bono?

It looks exactly like the bonosaurus to me in any aspect.

Dude, what do you mean? I hope you are being sarcastic.
Look at any recent picture of Bono in this forum.( Cannes)
Bono's hair is now super SHORT to begin with. Has been for years now. The rest of him isn't even remotely similar.
:coocoo::slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom