Has Anyone Received their presale/general sale tickets yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got through with this number +44 161 3852111.
Spoke to a very nice guy.. he gave me a tracking number and told me they should be here by monday 6 pm. :up:

I can see my tickets are in Oslo right now... so at least they are in Norway :lol:

Cool! Good luck kinaitra :up:

I'm awaiting GA tix for Wembley 2 that I bought from a seller on Seatwave. So, the seller has to get their tix and then send them to me. This is going to be cutting it very fine:hmm:

My Wembley 2 tickets were on the door mat when I got home this eve - i.e delivered without signing, just posted through the letterbox.

No sign of Wembley 1 yet though :confused:

I lost my Sheffield GA ticket somewhere - I have turned my house (and rubbish) upside down looking for it. Looks like I won't be going :sad:

Yeah! My Wembley I tickets arrived today. By FedEx courier and I had to sign for them.

This is to prevent ticket touting and keep the price low for true fans.

The ironic thing about this is, that I will very likely purchase tickets from a touter if I don't have my tickets 2-3 days before the show, just to ensure that I am going.

It sucks to do this and I always go out of my way to avoid supporting these people, but when you're flying as far as I am and spending as much as I am to see a show it's a worthwhile insurance to have!

just received my tix. They say entrance f, queue via north east stand. Im on my own! Everyone elses say b and c. :-(

just called ticketmaster (+44 161 385 2111)

Got through pretty much straight away and spoke to a very helpful bloke.

I was advised that the tickets left via fedex either late yesterday or today at the latest. He tells me there is a chance they will arrive before I depart on Saturday night however it's unlikely. They were apparently printed about 3-4days ago.

Told me not worry (bit late for that!), if they don't arrive I can simply call them back when I arrive in London ticketless and specify venue pickup, apparently it can only be venue pickup on show day only. It doesn't matter if the original tickets are in transit or on our doorstep, they can still replace them at venue pickup.

He estimates the queue to take 30-45mins max, and tickets are available for collection from 2:30pm with gates open at 4:30pm. We need to take i.d and the credit card the tickets were purchased with. Assured me that there was no chance of missing any of the show, and that they have extra staff to handle the pickups.

More info for people travelling in from abroad for Wembley

This time regarding Ticketline. Part of our party have GA tickets for Wembley on the 15th booked through Ticketline. They lied to us 2 days ago when we called and they said our tickets had been mailed on the 3rd. It turns out that ALL GA tickets going to overseas addresses will only be available from the box office. OK they will be refunding the postage fee. They blame the organisers for printing the tickets so late. Seated tickets will still be sent out since they can be reprinted but the organiser told them clearly that GA tickets may not be reprinted and Ticketline are not willing to take the risk of sending overseas at this late date.

They would not budge on this. I pointed out it would only take 1-2 days for Royal Mail registered post to reach us in Switzerland. But no - rules are rules and it is in their terms and conditions that they can do this.

This is the last time I ever attend an event in the UK. Croatia who are holding the first event of this size got tickets to me months ago. UK ticketing policy and customer service just sucks. We now have to wait in line at the effing box office which sounds like it will be overwrought with people instead of enjoying what should be a pleasurable day. I bought tickets more than 4 months ago .... at great expense... for this?

U2 your promoter in the UK is letting you down BIG TIME. I'm not surprised they can't sell out the gigs there. I could do a better job with a bloody pen and some envelopes.

So true.. this is really not acceptable. I brought my tickets on the 18th of March during pre-sale and I'm still waiting for them...

GA HAmpden

My GA tix for Hampden turned up this morning by Royal Mail recorded delivery, just need my Sheffield and Cardiff ones now.

Cheers
Warby

GA for Wembley 1 have arrived!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More info for people travelling in from abroad for Wembley

This time regarding Ticketline. Part of our party have GA tickets for Wembley on the 15th booked through Ticketline. They lied to us 2 days ago when we called and they said our tickets had been mailed on the 3rd. It turns out that ALL GA tickets going to overseas addresses will only be available from the box office. OK they will be refunding the postage fee. They blame the organisers for printing the tickets so late. Seated tickets will still be sent out since they can be reprinted but the organiser told them clearly that GA tickets may not be reprinted and Ticketline are not willing to take the risk of sending overseas at this late date.

They would not budge on this. I pointed out it would only take 1-2 days for Royal Mail registered post to reach us in Switzerland. But no - rules are rules and it is in their terms and conditions that they can do this.

This is the last time I ever attend an event in the UK. Croatia who are holding the first event of this size got tickets to me months ago. UK ticketing policy and customer service just sucks. We now have to wait in line at the effing box office which sounds like it will be overwrought with people instead of enjoying what should be a pleasurable day. I bought tickets more than 4 months ago .... at great expense... for this?

U2 your promoter in the UK is letting you down BIG TIME. I'm not surprised they can't sell out the gigs there. I could do a better job with a bloody pen and some envelopes.
Yeah?...One bad experience and the whole country sucks...typical arbitrary zenophobia there mate! Nice one

FINALLY!!
My tickets for Wembley 2 arrived today in the USA via FedEX!!!!! :applaud::applaud:

Never received tracking number info from TicketMasterUk though. :down:

Ticketmaster

My seated tickets for the 14th finally arrived today by normal first class post. It's absolutely ridiculous that the promotor / Ticketmaster leaves it this late and getting any information from them is difficult and stressful.

A quick look at the resale websites and you can see it doesn't stop touting so if that's the reason then it's a very weak one. Incidently you can buy them online at less than face value for the 14th so the demand can hardly be that overwhelming.

Yeah?...One bad experience and the whole country sucks...typical arbitrary zenophobia there mate! Nice one

1. I am British and so not arbitrarily zenophobic towards my country of birth. I have also travelled and lived overseas for 11 years now. I am very sad to see the way the UK is headed at the moment. It seems processes and procedures are put in place to try to prevent you enjoying yourself - penalising the many for the sake of guarding the few. I paid a hefty chunk of change for tickets months ago and have gone through a lot of shit trying to get my hands on them.

2. The point I'm making is that the UK is unique in sending out tickets at the last possible moment. This has not happened in any of the other markets U2 play in. I got tickets for Croatia months ago - from Croatia and from the Czech Republic.

3. All in it is typical of a customer service mindset in the UK at the moment where everything but the customer seems to matter. In this instance the promoter is trying to prevent touts, the ticket seller is avoiding the risk of sending the tickets. The culture here is one of protecting arse rather than servicing the customer.

Wembley 1 arrived today, normal post. That competes the set. Thank fuck for that. I hate ticketmaster for the stress they have put me
and many others through.

Phew. Our party have finally got all our tickets sorted for Wembley 2. Those of us seating have our tickets in hand now. Those of us with GA tickets will be picking them up from the box office.

In the end the staff at Ticketmaster and Ticketline have been very helpful and patient given the duff hand they were dealt by, I guess, Live Nation.

Hope everyone else has their tickets/ found their tickets and that U2 blow the roof of at Wembley 2 :wave:

well just got on to Fed Ex (Wasn't given a tracking number) and using my name and address were able to find me a tracking number and the status of my tickets.

They are scheduled to arrive in Australia on Wednesday the 12th - great! Except I'm leaving tomorrow and the show is only on the 15th.

I shall be joining the rest of the stadium at the venue pickup window, and hopefully will get my rediculous fed ex fee refunded. I'm sure it didn't say anywhere that tickets would arrive 3 days before show day (in another country!):applaud:

well just got on to Fed Ex (Wasn't given a tracking number) and using my name and address were able to find me a tracking number and the status of my tickets.

They are scheduled to arrive in Australia on Wednesday the 12th - great! Except I'm leaving tomorrow and the show is only on the 15th.

I shall be joining the rest of the stadium at the venue pickup window, and hopefully will get my rediculous fed ex fee refunded. I'm sure it didn't say anywhere that tickets would arrive 3 days before show day (in another country!):applaud:

shit... will you buy new ones at the stadium?

If they are seats (i.e. with numbers) rather than GA tickets then they should be able to cancel these and reissue them to you at the Wembley Box Office on day of concert. You'll need to speak with whichever ticket agency you used. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom