Has Anyone Received their presale/general sale tickets yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is ridiculous. If I was going to the those shows and traveling, I would call and ask to talk to someone who is high up in the company.

Unfortunately I am one of those who bought tickets to the Scotland show but now can't make it. I found a couple of people to sell them to (for face value), but I am worried I won't get the tickets on time. I hate the UK ticketmaster!

Unfortunately I am one of those who bought tickets to the Scotland show but now can't make it. I found a couple of people to sell them to (for face value), but I am worried I won't get the tickets on time. I hate the UK ticketmaster!

I know. It is bloody stupid to pull a stunt like this on folk especially at this time of year. 80% of Europe is on holiday in July/August and so to expect folk to be at a fixed address 7 days before a show is laughable. Not to mention this is U2 and many of us are travelling TO the UK for the show.

I really don't know who is to blame here as when I contacted Ticketmaster the guy I spoke to insisted it was down to the promoter - when the promoter okays the release of tickets then Ticketmaster will do so. I really don't get it though. I have heard talk of combatting scalpers but that is nonsense, and it is not as if scalping is a uniquely British phenomenon - far from it. Folk in the US have had tickets for fall shows in their hands for weeks now and besides, you can arrange to have tickets picked up at will call by someone else. I would like to know the truth, and more importantly when I spend literally hundreds of pounds on tickets (not to mention service charges, Fedex charges blah blah blah) expect better damn service than this.

This is all BS. I bought Cardiff GA's hoping to go to the shows and trade extras. I PAID for these months ago. I know it's all in the fine print etc but what about customer service?

ps I have a pair of Cardiff GA's for sale

Not sending the tickets until a few weeks before the show isn't going to prevent scalping. Many ticket scalpers sites sell tickets to events before they have the tickets in hand.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else get their presale tickets printed from the venue instead of Ticketmaster? My presales were printed on Gillette stock but my co-worker purchased her during general sale and they were on Ticketmaster stock.

Here's a picture of my tickets to the Gillette shows. The top one says fan on it, so I think its from the presale. (I bought it from someone else) Bottom one I know was purchased in the general sale.

utf-8BL0RldmljZSBNZW1vcnkvaG9tZS-1.jpg

Hope that helps!

Ticketmaster U2 UK Tour 2009 Ticket Dispatch Update

***13th July update****

"As of today, 13th July, no tickets have been printed or dispatched
yet for any shows on this tour. Ticket dispatch will commence ASAP.

As stated at the time of purchase, we aim to send all tickets as soon as
possible and the latest that you can expect to receive them is a week
before the date of your event. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any
more specific despatch information than this at this stage.

If you are travelling away from the billing address longer than a week
before the date of the show you have booked for, please only contact
us a week before you are due to travel if your tickets have still not
arrived
We will be able at that stage to make alternative arrangements to
ensure your entry into the event."

I got my tickets for Sheffield months ago so this is incorrect!

My friend is still waiting for our Wembley tickets though.........:sad:

I'm from Canada, and I leave in a week to Dublin and I still dont have my fan club tickets!!!! i am so upset and panicing. I contacted ticketmaster.ie and they said they posted them and arent responeable for lost tickets, and to call the venue. I called Croke and they directed me back to ticketmaster. I am now trying to contact ticketmaster for the 2nd time and am so worried. I spent so much money on this trip, and was supposed to trade 2 tickets to other people.

Anyone have any ideas of what to do?

I'm thinking i might have to go to ebay or something and spend even more money trying to buy last minute tickets!

I'm from Canada, and I leave in a week to Dublin and I still dont have my fan club tickets!!!! i am so upset and panicing. I contacted ticketmaster.ie and they said they posted them and arent responeable for lost tickets, and to call the venue. I called Croke and they directed me back to ticketmaster. I am now trying to contact ticketmaster for the 2nd time and am so worried. I spent so much money on this trip, and was supposed to trade 2 tickets to other people.

I'm thinking i might have to go to ebay or something and spend even more money trying to buy last minute tickets!

Keep calling Ticketmaster and tell them your sitaution. They should issue you new ones and ask to see if you can have them picked up at will call or at a Ticketmaster outlet in Ireland. Make sure you have your order conformation number

Call ticketmaster again. Be calm but insistant. Explain the situation. They will tell you they can't help you. Be calm and ask for a supervisor The supervisor will fix it. They have the ability to reissue the tickets I went thru A similar situation with the spiderman show

Ticketmaster U2 UK Tour 2009 Ticket Dispatch Update

***13th July update****

"As of today, 13th July, no tickets have been printed or dispatched
yet for any shows on this tour. Ticket dispatch will commence ASAP.

As stated at the time of purchase, we aim to send all tickets as soon as
possible and the latest that you can expect to receive them is a week
before the date of your event. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any
more specific despatch information than this at this stage.

If you are travelling away from the billing address longer than a week
before the date of the show you have booked for, please only contact
us a week before you are due to travel if your tickets have still not
arrived
We will be able at that stage to make alternative arrangements to
ensure your entry into the event."

What exactly is Wembley or Ticketmaster UK's issue?! ASAP means As soon as possible right?!!?!
:doh:

I went to Cold Play and lost the tickets before the show. I called ticket master and they said bring the original credit card and photo id and they would reprint the tickets and void out the other ones. Maybe they can do this for you.

Sheffield came out ages ago and Dublin arrived weeks ago but i did say a few weeks ago that Wembley wasn't being sent out until about 7 -14 days ago as we rang to query where the tickets where.:down:

I agree with everyone that says keep bothering TicketMaster! don't give up!!!:up:

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Ticketmaster.ie emailed me this morning stating that they WOULD have duplicate tickets arranged for me to pick up at the box office. THANK GOD. i dunno why they directed me to the venue in the first place if they could fix the problem like this.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'm relieved this has worked its way out

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Ticketmaster.ie emailed me this morning stating that they WOULD have duplicate tickets arranged for me to pick up at the box office. THANK GOD. i dunno why they directed me to the venue in the first place if they could fix the problem like this.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the good wishes. I'm relieved this has worked its way out

:up:

See you in Dublin!

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Awesome news!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!

:yippie: .I'm happy for you!..enjoy the show :applaud:

GOOD NEWS!!!!

I also contacted ticketmaster.ie (again) this morning to ask about the 4 GA tickets which were not delivered. They said they would be available to pick up from their (mobile) ticket office around 12-1pm on the day of the show.

Just thought some people might like to know this contradicts ticketmaster's replacement policy for GA tickets - which states they are NOT replaceable.

Ticketmaster UK Customer Support Team: 08444 999 999
Ticketmaster UK International Customers Support: +44 (0)161 385 2111

Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 8.00pm
and Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm
Have your booking reference and credit card details ready.

I just called them for the Wembley tickets and they answered the phone pretty quik.
The lady told me that the tickets of Wembley will be delayed
and probably they will send them 5 days before the show.

The important thing is that they give you the option to collect them
straight from Wembley
if you want, the day of the event.

When the tickets will be printed and fly for our houses
they will send us all an e-mail with the details as well as the FedEx package number
so we can track them down from our local FedEx spots or via FedEx site.

5 days! How the heck are people supposed to travel for the show. Or in my case, I can't make it to the show, so I am selling it for face value. How am I supposed to sell it! I really hate uk ticketmaster. I don't get this. I would be with getting our tickets 2 weeks in advance, but 5 days! Sheesh.

Ticketmaster UK Customer Support Team: 08444 999 999
Ticketmaster UK International Customers Support: +44 (0)161 385 2111

The important thing is that they give you the option to collect them
straight from Wembley
if you want, the day of the event.

Thanks for this AlexAthens. What really pisses me off is that I will likely be forced to collect them at Wembley - something I really did not want to do - that is why I paid for Fedex delivery. On the day of the show I just want to enjoy it. Not spend time in the now (because of this policy of sending out tickets moments before the gig) sure to be long queues of folk waiting to pick up tickets from a Wembley box-office. I can just imagine the loudhailer announcements now "Everyone stay calm and wait your turn. We never have seen lines like this before so sorry for any inconvenience"

If this had been made clear before I would never have spent my money on Wembley. Instead I would have gone to a more civilised European country where customer service at least ranks somewhere in the equation.

Five days, with the crap British postal system that goes on strike anytime the weather isn't to there liking? Poor organisation.

im flying in from australia 3 days before the wembley gig on the 15th...so how quick are fedx exactly?
feck!

This Wembley situation is starting to sound like a clusterfuck in the making. I hope U2 doesn't come out to a half empty stadium because the rest of the crowd is outside on a neverending will call line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom