"Hang out" with U2 in Los Angeles 3/9/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love everyone's pictures!

I've learned the hard way about the older LPs...I love my rattle and hum lp and I'd truly be happy if that's all i ever got signed. Adam and Bono both didnt sign my rattle and hum LP when it was in the first swarm. I was right behind those dealers so only my arm was visible. But I saw Adam look at it as it was floating around those guys and chose not to sign it. Bono did the same...when I eventually came around the back of the rail, I had a second chance with Bono...i was still surrounded by men but they werent jerks. Bono looked right at me said an enthusiastic hi and signed it. :heart::love:I only wish I wouldnt have been blocked by those dealers when edge refused to sign in that area. :sad: Here's just before my happy bono moment.
488655951_D7qyq-L.jpg
and of course....Larry handshakes and pictures were the unexpected cherries on top. I wouldve been completely happy if he wouldve only made eye contact with me.:drool:

^ Yeah! I honestly did not think he was going to take a pic with me...all the girls were grabbing him....and I said, c'mon and gimme a man-hug...he just smiled and gave me a hug. :lol:

C, I forgot to text you back at night, sorry.

I really wish you had been there.

Not as bad as the conversation that happened between two ladies on either side of me about the softness of Larry's hands and how wonderful it was to touch Larry's back. ;) I felt like I was at a tweener conference about "Twilight."

Oh dear, lol. You should've seen us on a hotel balcony when Bono was sitting a few feet away.

"Omigod, it's Bono" "Omigod, he's smoking, I can smell his smoke, I'm inhalling Bono's smoke" "Omuhgawd, he's coming this way" "Omuhgawd, he winked and waved :faint:"

No lie :coocoo:

But you lucky people got to talk to him. Sweet :D

^ Yeah! I honestly did not think he was going to take a pic with me...all the girls were grabbing him....and I said, c'mon and gimme a man-hug...he just smiled and gave me a hug. :lol:

I heard you say that! ha ha thats awesome of him. I was still very thrilled he shook hands outside of capitol records! But then when he came back out he shook hands again and took pics....:drool::applaud:

Oh dear, lol. You should've seen us on a hotel balcony when Bono was sitting a few feet away.

"Omigod, it's Bono" "Omigod, he's smoking, I can smell his smoke, I'm inhalling Bono's smoke" "Omuhgawd, he's coming this way" "Omuhgawd, he winked and waved :faint:"

No lie :coocoo:

But you lucky people got to talk to him. Sweet :D

:shifty:

Can you blame us though?

What? I got lots of texts from you all night! I knew you would have to go eat dinner at some time. :D

I see them now Carlos - very nice! Great shot with Larry too!

Missed you there comet!

Aw you guys are sweet. I had to work though... I need to save up my asking for time off days for the shows! :wink:

Glad you enjoyed it. We did too! And we had our leftovers for lunch :drool:
THANKS AGAIN! Hope my directions back to the 101 made sense :shifty:

I'm just listening to the show (thanks to whoever uploaded it, cannot find the post right now :D), I think the interview is very intersting, I love to hear Bono talk about the songwriting, the characters, stuff like that.

:applaud: Well done Carlos. Now for the important part, what did he smell like? I've heard he has very soft hands. :love:

Actually, the way they set up the barricade, there was two sides where you could have reached out to them....the first, in front of the exit of the venue. I was not able to get a pic with Larry at that time, so I said "How about a high five :nerd: :reject:....so he goes and gives me a huge high five that grabs my hand...I tried to just slap his hand, but the he just grabbed it and shook it :lol: *manlove* for a little while.

All I thought was, PLEBAdude moment...and yes, his hands were surprisingly soft, odd.

hehehe

HEY YOU GUYS! MY NAME IS AMIE AND I WAS THERE MONDAY NIGHT, I WAS WEARING THE U2 PANTS, LOL! WAS THERE SINCE THE EARLY PART OF THE AFTERNOON WITH MY FRIEND WHO WAS PLAYING GUITAR!!!!
GLAD TO SEE YOU ALL, PLEASE LET'S SHARE SOME PICS!

XOXO
AMIE:wave:

HEY YOU GUYS! MY NAME IS AMIE AND I WAS THERE MONDAY NIGHT, I WAS WEARING THE U2 PANTS, LOL! WAS THERE SINCE THE EARLY PART OF THE AFTERNOON WITH MY FRIEND WHO WAS PLAYING GUITAR!!!! GLAD TO SEE YOU ALL, PLEASE LET'S SHARE SOME PICS! XOXO AMIE:wave:
yay! you joined! im happy we hung out and had better luck than long beach last fall! cant wait for vegas baby!

Back
Top Bottom