Guitar solo in Mysterious Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
It's it just me or is the guitar solo in the Popmart Mexico video during Mysterious Ways like one of the most awesome live bits ever?
I personally find the version of the song the best I have heard, right in front of the sydney ZOO TV version ?
Be interested to hear other people's point of view on this.

I cannot decide which one I like better, ZooTV or POPmart.

They both give me chills. All the way from the solo to the end of the song.

ZooTV has the "love to love you baby..." and the falsetto singing during the solo plus the theatrics with the dancer. All of it = :drool:

On the other hand, POPmart just has this intensity that it the greatest thing ever. I love how he introduces the band right before the solo explodes and he is still saying the Edge's name as he is drowned out by the explosion of sound. So freaking intense! And at the end it just keeps getting more and more intense as he yells (not sings) "alright, alright, alright...she moves with it..." I know you know what I'm talking about.

So I think I would have to choose POPmart as my favorite with ZooTV a close second.

yeah same for me
I love how Bono does falsetto in the ZOO TV version, but the solo and the introduction to that Solo absolutely rock in Popmart version hahaha

LuvandPeace1980 said:
It's it just me or is the guitar solo in the Popmart Mexico video during Mysterious Ways like one of the most awesome live bits ever?

Totally agree! :up: I was blown away when I saw/heard it for the first time. I repeated it at least 30 times that night and still couldn't get enough! Also it was the first time when I heard MW performed live, since then it's one of my favourite live songs, if not the most favourite. :drool:

Yeah, it's great! "Do something funky, The Edge!"

Mmmm nowt like a bit o' slash.

And of course, amazing guitar. *grins*

i think the best version of Mysterious Ways is DEFINITELY Iriving Plaza 2000! perfect intro, perfect throughout, especially right before Edge's solo, Bono totally 100% NAILS the "Sexual Healing" snippet. . .

When I get that feelin'
I want
Sexual healing
When i get that feelin'. . .
Ahhh --EDGE SOLO!

it's perfect!!!

I hate sexual healing :bump: .. but by all means continue liking it :wink:
I think it's a corny song so it does nothing for me which is kind of ironic :D

thelaj said:
Its all about Slane...Eve, move with it. Give it up for little Eve!

Oh THAT is my ultimate fave part of the Slane video! I love that, it is so touching and that little Evie's got some moves! I hear she also plays drums. Very precious footage of Daddy and daughter.

Back
Top Bottom