GTA IV Release Date Confirmed - April 29, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

Just to be fair, Toshiba threw tons of money for studios to be on their side as well.

Thats true. HD was a great format I might add, it paved the way to what is now Blu Ray.

Justin24 said:
you kno what jessup, we both sound like whiney fan boys. Lets put an end to this. Both systems are great and both have their flaws. So I say we call a truce and just let people get what ever system they want with out us trying to tell them which is better.

deal?

ok, its a deal. I can't argue any more and i don't want to... :wink:

067.jpg

:drool:

catlhere said:

:lol: sony/microsoft fanboys wish

:shrug: i'd hardly consider myself a "fanboy." i bought a ps3 over an xbox 360 'cause i'm used to the controller and it had a blu-ray. that's it, no other reasons.

the Wii thing is a gimick. the ps3 sixaxis controller is also motion-censored, only with considerably better graphics than that of the Wii.

i honestly see the wii becoming more of a kids/drunken college students system, while the 360 and ps3 are for the more advanced gamer. if the wii does continue to sell like this, i could honestly care less. i'm not some uberdork that takes offense if the system i prefer doesn't sell the most. people who do are kinda pathetic.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the Wii thing is a gimick. the ps3 sixaxis controller is also motion-censored, only with considerably better graphics than that of the Wii.

i honestly see the wii becoming more of a kids/drunken college students system, while the 360 and ps3 are for the more advanced gamer. if the wii does continue to sell like this, i could honestly care less. i'm not some uberdork that takes offense if the system i prefer doesn't sell the most. people who do are kinda pathetic.
I wasn't calling you a fanboy. I don't think I've met any hugely obsessed gamers on Interference, I go to another board for that. Just saying that there are PS3/360 fanboys that still believe the Wii is a "fad" despite it's success not slowing down, even to the point where people accuse Nintendo of manufactured shortages while selling over 1mil+ units a month. They did this same act when the DS started to beat the PSP and never looked back. "touch screens are a gimmick." "zomg teh grafiX r gonna be outdated" And we all know how that turned out. The same people say too about the Wii being for little kids or casuals. Just at the end of this past year the average Wii owner's age was 29, and the system had a higher attatch ratio of games than the PS2 did at this same period in it's lifespan. It's unfair to call something like this a gimmick so soon into the generation. It's not Tickle Me Elmo, this thing is still going strong and will only get stronger this year with Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and even Wii Fit. People are so used to Kidtendo being in last place that it's hard for some to believe they might (and by the looks of it, will) end up in 1st when this generation is ready to close.

As for the Sixaxis. Yeah if you consider no force feedback, no optical sensor meaning not true full 3D interaction/movement along the XYZ planes, the same as a Wii Remote's capabilities... err ok then. I'll ignore the other things that don't even have to do with motion like no internal memory, no speaker, lack of rumble (until Dual Shock 3), and an almost double battery life.

great... :hi5: for you and your wii.

i haven't done any research on the wii's longterm viability. i do have a job and a social life.

however, i have played the wii quite a few times. it was awesome at first, and got tiresome after a dozen or so times playing it. when you're playing with a group of people at a party or something, fun times. when you're sitting at home playing wii tennis by yourself, it all seems rather sad and you should probably get out more.

I'm copying this from another forum, but this is the first official GTA4 review I've seen. It comes from Official Xbox Magazine UK, so obviously some of this info is specific to the 360 version. Apparently the whole review is 10 pages long, but they copied in the summary at the end of the review (they usually give + and -'s for various aspects of the game):

+ Amazingly realistic world
+ Stunning action set-pieces
+ Genuinely engrossing storyline
+ Hugely entertaining multiplayer
+ Vast in every respect

Utterly stunning in every respect: 10/10

A few bits of new (to me) info:

Your stats will be uploaded to the "Rockstar Games Social Club" website, so everyone can check out your achievements. They say that they'll be competitions held (the first being who can get 100% completion of the game).

Soundtrack includes Elton John, Stevie Nicks, Smashing Pumpkins and Lazlow. Queen's One Vision is also in there.

Lots of celebrity voice talent - and the celebrities themselves. Apparently there's a very familiar name on the streets of Alonquin...

They're not allowed to reveal the collectibles, but apparently they're a nod to Crackdown's orbs, but "far more satisfying" to collect.

360-exclusive DLC availiable in August. They'll probably be extra storylines in the game. You'll have to pay for them, but they'll apparently be at least ten hours long.

Hijacking cars isn't easy as you've got to hotwire them. Looks for cars with their keys still in, like people filling up at petrol stations or unloading at the airport.

You'll find carjacking much easier with a gun in your hand, as Nico will just order them out at gunpoint. However, sometimes they will try to nail it and escape.

Last edited:
waynetravis said:

Dammit, I jinxed myself...:angry:

:sad:

Because I have massive amounts of accumulated PTO, I may have to work something out as well as a treat to myself....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom