Grizzly Bear - 'Veckatimest' - May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone almost beat you to it:

simg_t_oe25145voek6.jpg

pedobear1.png

As we all know, the state of Texas generally fails, and now, it's going to fail the Grizzlies too.

From Ed Droste's Twitter: "Kinda bummed we can't use our mason jar lights for Austin's EMO's show...it's the only venue that simply doesn't have the electricity!:("

:sad:

Tomorrowtomorrowtomorrowtomorrowtomorrowtomorrowtomorrow.

I want to hear about Beach House too.

I realized that they are playing in Atlanta on Monday. Sold Out. Pissed.

I know I'm not impy, but I thought Beach House were pretty boring. They used a drum machine with the same minimal, blah beat on every single track. The lead singer, Victoria Legrand, has a gorgeous voice though; I just wish she was singing in a different band instead.

zomg it's setlist time:

Certified Impy summer jam Cheerleader
Southern Point
Little Brother
Knife
Fine For Now
Two Weeks
Ready, Able
I Live With You
While You Wait for Michael McDonald
On A Neck, On a mothafuckin' Spit

In contrast, Shuttlecock played nearly as many ATYCLB songs tonight as they did No Net. I don't follow THE GRIZ! sets, but damn that looks fresh.

zomg it's setlist time:

Certified Impy summer jam Cheerleader
Southern Point
Little Brother
Knife
Fine For Now
Two Weeks
Ready, Able
I Live With You
While You Wait for Michael McDonald
On A Neck, On a mothafuckin' Spit

Was "Little Brother" the acoustic or electric version? And, isn't "On a Neck, On a Spit" just fucking incredible live? Definitely one of my favorite performances from the other night.

"Lil' Bro" was electric, and AWESOME. I was shocked to hear them start up "On a Neck, On a Spit," but it was as great live as I imagined. It rained all day yesterday, so it was an interesting environment. No one got into it when I yelled THE GRIZ! after the show though.

Nice, that's the version we got too. Another highlight of the night for me. Did they breakdown into an extended jam in the middle of it? That's the part that melted my face off.

No Woodstock-esque mud fights though?

1bl00d: Brag, brag, brag
imperor: Brag, brag, brag
Me: Suicidal depression

:wink:

It's not our fault that you were too chicken to bear (ha, pun!) the weather for THE GRIZ! :wink:

Before you kill yourself though, I should mention that I like this year's Misfits Halloween av better than last year's. :up:

Gorgeous. I'm partial to Ed's voice, and I actually think I like Chris Taylor's voice over Dan's. :reject:

Monday, October 12:
NBC: The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien: Grizzly Bear

:)

I just watched it. I don't know who Ed is but, yes, the weird looking lead singer was off. That's the only song I've heard from Veckatimest, by the way. Kinda wish they had done a different song. Oh well.

:lol: Yeah, he's the "weird looking lead singer." I have to agree with you about the song choice too; "Two Weeks" was the first single, and after releasing another, there's not really a reason to play it again on late-night shows. I would've been way more excited to see a non-single like "Ready, Able" instead.

I'm really liking the new song Slow Life from the New MOon soundtrack...although it doesn't increase my desire to see the movie

As in, your desire to see the movie was already so great that nothing could raise it???

As in, your desire to see the movie was already so great that nothing could raise it???

Ha ha, Exactly mofo! Actually I saw the first one, but only cause a hot girl invited me to it and I thought going to it with her would get me some action later...

The new moon soundtrack actually has a surprising line up of artists: Grizzly Bear, Bon Iver, BMRC, Death Cab, Muse, Editors, Thom Yorke, Lupe Fiasco, Sea Wolf, The Killers...not bad.

Just so everyone knows what UiU and I are talking about, "action" in Utah means touching knees for a split second while sitting a foot apart from each other on the couch.

97% of females here will feel guilty about it the next day, and will tell you (via text or email, so as to avoid having to actually talk about such a taboo subject as "knee on knee") that they've prayed about it and feel like they shouldn't ever have such close physical contact with a male again until they're married.

This is generally the point where I lose more of what is left of my tiny amount of remaining sanity, and come even closer to becoming patient zero for the rage virus.

This is how the world ends, two Utahns accidentally touch knees for .6 seconds. ALL BECAUSE OF TWILIGHT!

Just so everyone knows what UiU and I are talking about, "action" in Utah means touching knees for a split second while sitting a foot apart from each other on the couch.

97% of females here will feel guilty about it the next day, and will tell you (via text or email, so as to avoid having to actually talk about such a taboo subject as "knee on knee") that they've prayed about it and feel like they shouldn't ever have such close physical contact with a male again until they're married.

This is generally the point where I lose more of what is left of my tiny amount of remaining sanity, and come even closer to becoming patient zero for the rage virus.

This is how the world ends, two Utahns accidentally touch knees for .6 seconds. ALL BECAUSE OF TWILIGHT!

LOL thats great...and unfortunately somewhat true...stupid backwards Utah culture.

Still, all utah girls shouldn't be judged by U2pm's anecdotal evidence from his history with women. I'll have to let U2pm know where the real Utah sluts are hiding. If you're lucky, some of them will even engage in pre-marital hand holding! Of course they make you wear gloves for protection...

Back
Top Bottom