Grammy 'Freebie Loot'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The megawatt stars taking the stage at this month's Grammy Awards are each getting a $16,000 grab bag worth of freebie loot.

Monogrammed pens and balloons?

Nope - the party favors, for performers like Janet Jackson, *NSYNC and Britney Spears, include $1,900 diamond earrings, a one-year bicoastal membership to Sports Club/LA worth $4,500, BlackBerry pagers, iPod music players, and a free, two-night stay at the Ian Schrager hotel of their choice.

Such high-priced baggies have been a standard feature for Grammy stars in recent years.

But baggie planner Distinctive Assets also included a practical item - a personalized bust of each performer, in bronze or aluminum.

Each pair of diamond earrings has a body item, like a Lady Speed Stick deodorant and Tic Tac mint package.

"We try to balance the over-the-top, ridiculous things with things they can use," says Lash Fary, of Distinctive Assets.

Some starlets are getting extra-preferred status - like No Doubt frontwoman Gwen Stefani, who's set to wed Gavin Rossdale and is receiving an engagement present, in the form of $5,000 in plates and glasses from Not Neutral.

rolleyes.gif
Come on-these people can well afford all this stuff.

I want to see the 'personalized busts' of U2!

LOL @ tic tacs and deodorant
rolleyes.gif

What ze heck? Michael Greene is a frickin Loooooser! If that guy would just focus on the music and getting GOOD hosts *coughJONSTEWARTcough* we wouldn't have this crap. Grrrr

Sorry, but that's retarded.. what is the point of giving these people all this stuff?

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

The high priced gifts have always bothered me, but personalized busts??? LOL Mixed with deodorant and tic tacs...

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

They should send those bags to people who have to suffer through the entire Grammy Ceremony (esp. Britney and the Boybands) just waiting to see 4 sexy irish men take the stage
biggrin.gif

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Each pair of diamond earrings has a body item, like a Lady Speed Stick deodorant and Tic Tac mint package.

laugh2.gif

Hey I'll trade my tictac for your Bust O' Larry... or how about your diamond earring for my Speed Stick! what? it's speed stick GOLD! LOL

ROFL Spinny

and
rolleyes.gif
at the entire article / situation

------------------
White dopes on punk staring into the flash

High..Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini
"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 02-18-2002).]

actually, this is a normal thing. they do it for the Emmys, Oscars, etc. not just the Grammys. and if I recall correctly, I've heard celebrities hand out that stuff to employees or, recently, put the entire thing on eBay to raise money for 9/11 funds. but yeah, it is a bit ridiculous. as if Bono hasn't already given Ali a pair of diamond earrings.

i hope the previous post is correct...and i really agree the celebrities do not need a little goody bag.....gawd.

some of the things in our world.

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i hope the previous post is correct...and i really agree the celebrities do not need a little goody bag.....gawd.

LMAO... that's exactly what they are... goodie bags. Goodness, this isn't a kiddie party, this is the Grammys!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

fuxakes...those people have multi million dollar contracts...

what a bunch of crock.

but everyone, even the rich, need tic tacs and deodorant!

[This message has been edited by madamc (edited 02-18-2002).]

Originally posted by Foadie:
What ze heck? Michael Greene is a frickin Loooooser! If that guy would just focus on the music and getting GOOD hosts *coughJONSTEWARTcough* we wouldn't have this crap. Grrrr

jon stewart is so not funny....last yer i confused him with FRENCH STEWART (harry from 3rd rock from the sun)....and i was very disappointed that it wasn't him
frown.gif

they should have mike myers host the show. now that would be hilarious.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by madamc:
jon stewart is so not funny....last yer i confused him with FRENCH STEWART (harry from 3rd rock from the sun)....and i was very disappointed that it wasn't him
frown.gif

they should have mike myers host the show. now that would be hilarious.

Jon Stewart should stick w/ the Daily Show... and he still needs work there...

And yes! They should have Mike Myers host.... I loveth him
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Back
Top Bottom