Got a call from Ticketmaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am ready to throw my laptop out a window.

1. How is anyone in the general public supposed to know that after the fucked up U2.com presale code debacles you then had to go to Ticketmaster to PRESIGN Up for another Verified Fan code? Just to buy a single goddamned ticket to one show?

2. Now my U2.com Innocent code does not work and I cannot just buy a ticket on Ticketmaster because I did not register as a 'Verified Fan'? FUCK THEM!

This band and their fucked up new management have really made this a mess. Now the ONLY way I can buy a ticket is through a scalper or resale on Ticketmaster which I thought was what they were trying to prevent???

I am furious and am of course trying to get my U2.com fee back, but also really do not see the point in trying to go to these shows.

Am I missing something?

Am I supposed to just sit on these boards, or read U2.com every day to understand how to just buy a ticket to a gig?

Since I have done neither of those things, I am now shit out of luck to just go to a show...

It used to be a lot easier, and honestly when they didn't have all these fucking hurdles to clear and the scalpers resold all the tickets the houses were full. My guess is that you will see an abundance of empty seats on this US leg.

Serves them right - this is just stupid.

I am ready to throw my laptop out a window.

1. How is anyone in the general public supposed to know that after the fucked up U2.com presale code debacles you then had to go to Ticketmaster to PRESIGN Up for another Verified Fan code? Just to buy a single goddamned ticket to one show?

2. Now my U2.com Innocent code does not work and I cannot just buy a ticket on Ticketmaster because I did not register as a 'Verified Fan'? FUCK THEM!

This band and their fucked up new management have really made this a mess. Now the ONLY way I can buy a ticket is through a scalper or resale on Ticketmaster which I thought was what they were trying to prevent???

I am furious and am of course trying to get my U2.com fee back, but also really do not see the point in trying to go to these shows.

Am I missing something?

Am I supposed to just sit on these boards, or read U2.com every day to understand how to just buy a ticket to a gig?

Since I have done neither of those things, I am now shit out of luck to just go to a show...

It used to be a lot easier, and honestly when they didn't have all these fucking hurdles to clear and the scalpers resold all the tickets the houses were full. My guess is that you will see an abundance of empty seats on this US leg.

Serves them right - this is just stupid.

Gotta agree- though I got lucky this time, this whole process just to buy concert tickets is a convoluted mess.

Eventually those $300 tickets will drop in price so that they get bought. It was the same way with the JT Tour. I think they're going to be a little bit surprised when these shows don't sell out quickly, if at all.

Eventually those $300 tickets will drop in price so that they get bought. It was the same way with the JT Tour. I think they're going to be a little bit surprised when these shows don't sell out quickly, if at all.

Indeed. Say it with me: Dynamic Pricing.
They saturated some of these markets with the JT tour, don't have a "hit" to drive awareness and are charging too much to counteract either situation.

Back
Top Bottom