Going to the concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellyinsf

The Fly
I'm going to Summer Santatarium 8/9. That's Saterday night. I guess I'm supposed to bring my boyfriend. But he's not into it, hates the bands, but it just saying he wants to go. I love live shows but there is nothing worse than going with someone who generally is not interested. I've got two days to let him down or suffer

i was originally supposed to go to radiohead a week tommorow with someone who wasnt interested.

but then i convinced a friend to fly across the country for about 16 hours of fun.

I think it's great that he's wanting to go even tho he doesn't really like the bands...he's going because he likes being with you!

Who knows, he may even have fun there! Sometimes I end up liking a band more after seeing them live, even if it's not a band that I didn't really like at first. And just the atmosphere of being at a concert can be fun too.

I wish I new someone interested in seeing metallica, however I know no such person. Going solo I have found in the past has been great, but this new guy insists that we go together. I hope he doesn't sit there with ear plugs and his head between his legs (as my mother did at my first concert when I was 9). This is going to be a roudy concert. By the way he's 43, I'm 26.

I'll come, I wanted to go to that show, but missed it.

(Do not worry - I will bang my head against anything you want me to...)

I would make it clear that he is not to rain on your parade.

I prefer going to concerts alone for this reason. Hardly anyone I know is as into any given show as I am. Either that or they're really into it but have bad concert behavior. Mostly I just like to be alone to have my own experience. I have actually never enjoyed a show with someone else as much as I enjoy a show alone, except for one great friend of a like feather back in the ZooTV days...

I'm going to make it clear that he will not rain on my party, thanks for the words of wisdom. I hope he just enjoys the live show. I too prefer to go alone. I did to twelve U2 shows. Besides when your trying to make it to the stage, you usually loose people. This concert I'm not going to the stage, people can have thier mosh pits, I'm up in the reserves watching it all.:wave:

I went with my sister to the Coldplay show here in Melbourne last month... and what a bore she was. Just sat there and didn't even think it was good. I shoulda taken anyone but her, but she said she wanted to go.

It's amazing how you can have the worst time going to see the best band. I got lucky with the santarium show, my boyfriend actually turned cool and got me a bunch of over-priced beer. Faced with the situation again, go it alone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom