girls-do you shake real bad when bono hugs you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all those lucky girls who met bono,how did you react

• I SHOOK VIOLENTLY AND HE HAD TO HOLD ME UP OR I WOULD OF COLLAPSED

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I TREMBLED SLIGHTY BUT THEM BAWLED MY EYES OUT

• I GOT A HUG AND THOUGHT I WOULD PASS OUT,BUT STAYED COOL

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I WAS ABIT STANDOFFISH TO HIDE THE SHAME OF HOW CRAZY I WAS OVER HIM

• I TOTALLY WENT OVER THE TOP AND MOBBED HIM AND NOW HE RUNS IF HE SEES ME

• IT WAS COOL,I FELT NORMAL THOUGH HE SEEMED UNEASY

• I WAS STUNNED AND COULDN'T GET ANY WORDS OUT,HE HUGGED ME AND SAID SOME FOR ME

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • NONE OF THESE,SEE MY REPLY ON POST

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

passingcat

The Fly
All the girls who met him-wonder

how did you react

thanks for answering my poll

I'm not sure what I would do if I met him-I think I would shake but then stand away from him cause I was so embarrassed at my nervous system giving too much away-I'd have to have a few G and T's before meeting him or it would appear I was from the funny farm or somin....!!!!

how did you react and how did he react to your reaction

either post a reply or vote poll cheers...:wink:

Last edited:
I voted for None of These was cause of the fact that I never gotten a Hug from Bono...nor never have met him.

None of the above. The choices are all a bit....well, over the top.

I was thrilled and excited to be meeting him in person, but I simply shook his hand, and when he felt how cold it was, he held my hands, and we stood still, no need for pushing and shoving, thanked him, and smiled. Afterwards, my hands smelled like his cologne/lotion for hourse :faint:

I love the option-

I TOTALLY WENT OVER THE TOP AND MOBBED HIM AND NOW HE RUNS IF HE SEES ME

:lol: "now he runs if he sees me", like we see him often! :lmao:

Erm, I've never met him either, sadly. But, If I did, I think I could play it cool...she says!

mmh dunno which one to choose really..i was shaking a bit when i met him yeah, my friend was quite angry because her photo didn't come out clearly because of my shaking :| i couldn't change it though, next time i met him, i was shaking again even though i told myself to keep cool. the only thing i noticed was that i totally didn't notice anything else that was going on in that moment. my friend later told me ali and his daughters were with him and i totally didn't notice them!! it was quite weird, all i noticed was him really. :huh:

i was lucky to get a kiss, and oddly enough, i didn't freak out until about 10 minutes after I left...then I looked at my friends (who als got kisses) and we were really giddy and happy! and then a big seagull pooped all over me after I got back in the GA line, just to keep my ego in check :wink: a rather poetic ending to a momentous event!

It was great to meet both Bono and Edge but it wasn't anything to freak out over. I actually had the pleasure of "meeting" Bono on 3 different occassions and Edge 2 different times within 4 days. I spend so much time listening to their music, watching concerts and interviews, and hanging out on U2 websites that it just felt like I was standing next to an old friend. It's hard to explain I guess what I mean but it just didn't seem like anything to start to freak out over. :shrug: I don't mean to make it sound like it was no big deal because it was a huge deal for me, especially being able to get a picture with Edge. Maybe it's because they were both so cool and laid back that I didn't feel the need to make a big deal out of it.

The first time my sister and I were in a mysterious mob at ASU. She was a student and we didn't know what was going on. I yelled something embarrassing in an effort to get through the crowd, all four of them looked towards me and I wanted to disappear into the floor.

u2granny said:
The first time my sister and I were in a mysterious mob at ASU. She was a student and we didn't know what was going on. I yelled something embarrassing in an effort to get through the crowd, all four of them looked towards me and I wanted to disappear into the floor.

:lmao:

*dying to know what embarrassing thing you yelled*

u2granny said:

I think I might have mentioned it before, I said, "Lactating mother coming through.":scream:

:lmao:

k, that wins the prize. that is absolutely friggin' hilarious!!!!!!!

This was quite awhile back and way before I became a "serious fan". I was backstage and my encounter with Bono was just a handshake and hello - there were so many people around and it was rather quick...honestly I really didn't feel anything....til I found out Keanu was only steps from me... :drool:

I think Bono is incredibly easy to talk to--I got to meet him a few times on this tour, and I always felt really comfortable talking with him. it's afterwards that i tend to say "holy crap, i just got to talk to Bono!" Larry's the one I'd be terrified to meet. He really seems intimidating.

ruffian said:
I think Bono is incredibly easy to talk to--I got to meet him a few times on this tour, and I always felt really comfortable talking with him. it's afterwards that i tend to say "holy crap, i just got to talk to Bono!" Larry's the one I'd be terrified to meet. He really seems intimidating.

Larry IS intimidating! I never want to cross paths with him again. :(

I got a kiss on the hand and it didn't really register until after the crowd broke up. The whole time I felt like I was watching someone else...and then I was all :D:D:D:D for awhile after!

u2granny said:

I think I might have mentioned it before, I said, "Lactating mother coming through.":scream:
:lol:

ruffian said:
i was lucky to get a kiss, and oddly enough, i didn't freak out until about 10 minutes after I left...then I looked at my friends (who als got kisses) and we were really giddy and happy! and then a big seagull pooped all over me after I got back in the GA line, just to keep my ego in check :wink: a rather poetic ending to a momentous event!

omg :lmao:

Maybe the seagull got a kiss and was all excited too?

:lol:

:hug:

u2granny said:

:lmao:!!!
Priceless. :D

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I've never met Bono. Nor do I want to. Nope. Not me. Don't want to meet the man.

(was that convincing?)

:no: Not really Lemon Grrrrrl. You'll have to try harder.
Although I understand where you're coming from though.
He is so getting back at you, because of all those funny captions you've made.
I'd be very afraid if I were you.
LOL

Any way, here's my answer to the poll:

I haven't met Bono personally either. And I don't think I ever will. That's OK though.

But if I were to accidentally meet him though, I wouldn't have a clue how I would react. There's a couple scenario's I can see happening:

1) I'd just be happy to watch him do his thing. I'd be staying in the background observing what's going on. I'd be too shy to approach and speak to him.

2) I'd act normal.

3) I'd make a total fool out of myself by babbling his ears off about random things or I'd joke around with him.

There's no way in telling which of the three it will be though. A lot will depend on the situation itself, I think. And there's so many circumstances possible. And then I haven't even talked about all the influences....

Never mind, I've just come to the conclusion it's for the better that I never get to meet Bono, 'cause I might actually bore him to death. And that ain't good!!

Last edited:
You forgot the option for "useless brain goo syndrome". That's what happened when I met him and if it wasn't for my friend's brain still working and her asking for a photo with him, it wouldn't have happened. :crazy:

Oh and the punch your friend endlessly in the "ohmygodbonosstandingthereohmygod" way. :wink:

I just went blank the first time he hugged me. lol

He came oout, shook hands with all of us and when I asked him if I could have my pic taken with him, he said sure and then grabbed me by the shoulder, pulled me against him and put his face against mine. I was like: OMG! I have died and gone to Heaven!

The second time, I was more relaxed, until he decided to kiss me. Then I turned into a total eejit. I couldn;t stop grinning...lol

I got an autograph and handshake from Bono, but it was so crazy with all those people, I don't think he really saw me, I just stuck my hand out and he shook it. :lol:. But like Schmeg said, when he shook my hand, it was like I was looking at someone else's hand, not mine :huh:. I remember seeing it, but I don't remember feeling it.

I actually got a "thank you" from The Edge (for the otter :lol: ). And he posed for a picture in San Diego too :).

So that leaves me with one conclusion . . .

:edge: likes me better :p

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I got an autograph and handshake from Bono, but it was so crazy with all those people, I don't think he really saw me, I just stuck my hand out and he shook it. :lol:. But like Schmeg said, when he shook my hand, it was like I was looking at someone else's hand, not mine :huh:. I remember seeing it, but I don't remember feeling it.

I actually got a "thank you" from The Edge (for the otter :lol: ). And he posed for a picture in San Diego too :).

So that leaves me with one conclusion . . .

:edge: likes me better :p

LOL

I'm sure the other otter will get its revenge soon! :wink:

:lmao: he totally runs screaming from me

no:wink:

I didnt' get a hug:( but just being in his presence..like 6 inches from him made me shake..and I guess you could say I was a bit standoffish cause I didn't know what to friggen do with myself:crazy: I tried to play it cool..until my mom looked over at me and said I was as white as a ghost:crazy: and asked if I was going to pass out:faint:

just smelling him made me shake:drool:

MattFromNYC said:
u2granny: so, how was it when you finally got to meet the guys? and did they find what happened earlier funny? i sure as hell think its classic. :wink:

I didn't meet them at that time. I got four startled looks, probably not as startled as mine when I realized who the mob was about and how loud I had said that. I continued on to the car with my sister protesting all the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom