Get On Your Boots Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
Yes, I'm serious. I still love it. In fact, I think it took me over 100 listens to honestly say that I love it. But I haven't skipped it on a single listen of NLOTH.

When I'm listened to the album 100 times I'll get back to you on the other songs. :wink:

10/10 tune. It's on my U2 top ten.
But I really don't think it fits that well in NLOTH as some people said. Maybe that's because I knew the song already and when it started I wasn't paying attention cause I was all :drool: expecting SUC to start.

I love it too.....damn why am I not asleep yet? :lol:
Boots I loved it from the first listen ...and I still do :hyper::up:

Should have been a b-side, considering how it stacks up to the rest of the album.

They could have spliced the "let me in the sound" part into FEZ-Being Born...

You know, I was completely thrown when I first heard GOYB, I liked it but was a little let down.

Listening to it in this album, though, brought new appreciation for me. I love it now, and it fits perfectly in the album.

The key to enjoying this track is to listen to it as if it was the intermission of NLOTH. And i think Stand Up Comedy could also be an intermission track. Then Fez-Being Born brings it all right back.

I skipped it when I listened to the album for the first time :reject:

I know I'm bad. But I was impatient.

Listening to it again I also listened to Boots and I must say it FITS. It's well positioned on the album.

Still love the song. Of course all the others are more exciting to me right now.

I didn't skip it.

In fact I'm listening to it right now.

Still one of my favourites (beats the crap out of Stand Up Comedy, too)

Boots... i quite like it now (how the hell did that happen ?)

After listening to the whole album quite a few times now i actually like 'Boots'.It seems to fit the album for some bizarre reason.
Maybe because i've hardly listened to it and it sounds fresh....not a bad track :D

BsB

After listening to the whole album quite a few times now i actually like 'Boots'.It seems to fit the album for some bizarre reason.
Maybe because i've hardly listened to it and it sounds fresh....not a bad track :D

BsB

I dont really think it does fit that album tbh, no other tracks on the album suit boots, its a good song dont get me wrong, but the rest of the album makes it look worse.

I hated GOYB at first, and I still don't like it much. Having listened to the new album all the way through, (IMO) GOYB is easily the worst song on there. But, weirdly (and I can't explain this at all), when listening to the album an an entity, I don't mind listening to GOYB at all. I wouldn't think of listening to it if I just wanted to listen to a song, but in the context of the album as a whole, it works - somehow!

I love Boots and I like it in the context of the album... its like a wake up call or something... :hmm:

I hated GOYB at first, and I still don't like it much. Having listened to the new album all the way through, (IMO) GOYB is easily the worst song on there. But, weirdly (and I can't explain this at all), when listening to the album an an entity, I don't mind listening to GOYB at all. I wouldn't think of listening to it if I just wanted to listen to a song, but in the context of the album as a whole, it works - somehow!

My thoughts exactly! It sounds better in the context of the album. A nice, fun break from some of the slower, more intense tracks. I'm appreciating it more and more now. I can so see jumping and down to this at a show :love:

"Let me in the sound" is one of my favourite parts of the album. Perfectly constructed, and I love Edges' AB-ish solo :drool:

i thought GOYB was okay...a little too predictable like Vertigo....but now after listening to the whole NLOTH album i cant wait to dance around like a damn fool when this one comes on when i see em in Philly later this year HAHA

Wow, seems like they're getting better! The whole Boots beat mixed with the country's national anthem is so cool. The song doesn't deserve as much hate as i gets. :sad: I'm sad this topic doesn't have more posts either, come on people!!!

Back
Top Bottom