General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still good... if people have the codes, pass them on so we all can use them. I assume it's the same codes, just with new links you only get in an email though...

In the US you can use the code however you want as long as you only buy 4 total tickets with it.

i.e. 4 tickets to 1 show or
2 tickets to 2 shows or
3 tickets to 1 show and 1 ticket to a 2nd show or
1 ticket to 4 different shows

get the picture?

Yep, thanks everyone!

I really don't want to wait until Wednesday to use my boots code. I may just wait until next year.

My assumption is that since we will all have to cough up the $ to renew by the time the 2010 tour rolls around, they will have to issue out new codes anyway.

You'll get a message that that promotion is over or supply is exhausted. The code won't work twice. If you find a glitch and are able to buy tix, I disagree that they'd be cancelled. I have heard people say this has happened, but have never seen verifiable proof. If they cancelled orders after fulfilling them, people would still have tickets that had been voided. That would be a tough deal for TM because if they were re-sold, TM would be liable, despite their disclaimers to the contrary. Yes, they could prosecute, but really, why would they bother "cancelling" tix just to sell to someone else. It's a business; all they want is sales.

When TM posts a ticket limit is is almost never enforced. They post limits to give the impression that it's a hot ticket and in-demand. Nothing more.

True, I did not experience this myself. And so far the stories I've seen posted here or on U2.com are for Europe sales, where they prohibited people from using the code for more than one show. As far as cancellation, I've heard of real cases of that. You have to realize though, this isn't a limit imposed by TM like any other "Only 8 tickets maximum per person" restrictions. It's imposed by U2.com, who gave you the presale code and the TOS surrounding your membership.

Why would it be a bother for TM to cancel tickets? If you violated TOS, all they had to do was invalidate the barcode issued (or about to be issued) on your tickets, and credit your card back. Same procedure as if you lost your ticket and had to get a replacement from the will call line...

Bottom line is, I believe someone's keeping a tally. Either it's TM or U2.com. Probably for the US it's a lot easier since they're using only one system. If you've used your presale code to buy 4 tix already, doesn't your presale access code on the tour page say, "Access code used"? Mine does...

First time that I didn't get tickets for a U2 show!:sad:

I guess moving to the NYC area didn't help with 13MM+ people living in the area! Hopefully I'll have better luck next Monday with 2nd show. I don't care what tickets I get as long as they are under $100!

I'm going to try the pre sale venue for sure if I can get the link... I bought tickets that way too and it worked... so there's that. I heard Giants are doing it again.. but is Gillette? Doesn't seem like it.

As I understand it, the Giants Stadium night two presal will only be able to be used through a unique link. Not sure if it will be like the Bears/SMG presale where you could send the web address through a link or if you will have to actually click on the link through the e-mail to buy. If I had to guess I would say it will be like the Bears/SMG presale where the link could be copied from the site and sent around.

Want to give a head's up--posting the passwords to presales on this public board while great for us real fans may allow for ticket agencies who troll these boards to pick up the links and passwords. Not sure if PMs are really a way to get around it but I've seen other boards using PMs as an extra step to try to stop brokers from getting these tickets. Just an FYI I suppose.

Want to give a head's up--posting the passwords to presales on this public board while great for us real fans may allow for ticket agencies who troll these boards to pick up the links and passwords. Not sure if PMs are really a way to get around it but I've seen other boards using PMs as an extra step to try to stop brokers from getting these tickets. Just an FYI I suppose.

I agree with you wholeheartedly but the chances that the scalpers already have the generic passcodes is pretty darn strong already

I am super stoked they announced a second soldier field show! Now my chances for GA have risen... but i am concerned because of being a boots member i won't even get a chance for GA anyway...

Would any of you nice horizon members want to share your pass codes if possible so i can try for GA? It would be really appreciated i can give you my email?

--> kylevisuals@gmail.com

thanks i really hope to see U2 in GA for first time :)

Go to www.presalepasswordtickets.com In their chat they have people bragging about getting GAs and selling them for $200 each. They are all ready looking for tomorrow's venue passwords and I would bet this is one of the first places they would look. Obviously the GAs probably came from either U2.com or the general on sale but I bet they bought with the Meadowlands or Bears or Patriots on sales too.

For those of you still wanting GA's. This is how we got ours. Hubby called TM around 9:00 this am. He told the operator when she finally came on, ( after about 40 minute wait) that we were going to be traveling the midwest late summer early fall and told her MN, WI, IL. That poor lady went through event after event. She mentioned U2 Chicago about 9 minutes before sales, he said to her yes I want those but I'm not calling back so lets look at some other events until then.

About 9:57 she told him we can start back to the screen for those U2 tickets now, interupting his question about the horse show. We got 4 GA's. Mind you that I was still on the pc trying to pull them up just in case and mum was on hers as well. No luck online at all for any shows.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I'm just trying to pass information that worked for me. GL to all of you.

Keep in mind that the ACCESS code is great for Boots subscribers, but they do not have GA's. You can get 30 dollar seats though and some decent 55 dollar seats.

SMB

Do you need a link to the Giants venue presale? I recall it just being there...

Any news on Boston show venue presale again?

Keep in mind that the ACCESS code is great for Boots subscribers, but they do not have GA's. You can get 30 dollar seats though and some decent 55 dollar seats.

SMB

When I saw your post I first interpreted it as Boots subscribers cannot get GA tickets. But then I realize, that's the Giants website's code, right?
Boots (3rd tier) subscribers have a chance at GA tickets too like Horizon and Breathe, except they are at the mercy of how many are left over in the presale bank...

Boots (3rd tier) subscribers have a chance at GA tickets too like Horizon and Breathe, except they are at the mercy of how many are left over in the presale bank...

And for 2nd shows, the Horizon and Breathe pillaging should be less, as many used up their codes and others used half already, so there should be some GA for Boots, but the competition on Boots day may be heavy as there'll be new subscribers joining as they see what happened with show 1 general on sales, so Boots folks need to be fast.

I am also looking for horizon code to buy 2 tickets for Boston.

I am a boots subscriber but got terrible tickets that I am thinking of giving to my best friend and getting better seats for the second show.

Any info on the Pats presale code?

I used my presale code for 2 tickets to Toronto and it no longer shows up on the u2tour site. Is it gone for good? I thought I could buy 4 tickets total.

Couldn't have been any easier. I'm too old 'n broken for GA but I was able to get these:
Seat location: section 113, row 20, seats 14-15
Total Charge: US $ 224.90

So happy I got good seats for both shows :hyper:

If you've saved your old emails they sent you it should be in there... I had my old emails. But all my codes are used....

Back
Top Bottom