General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was an interesting morning.

I got up early to try for the Toronto shows. Initially, I tried searching for GA and $97 seats, but failed the first few times. At around 10:30am, I panicked and just did a search for the best available, and came up with a pair of $252 ones. Fearing a sell out, I actually bought these, hoping to sell them at face-value if I could get the $97 ones I wanted.

Well, I searched again and managed to get a pair of $97 tickets that I set out for, but they are nosebleeders. So, I'm now going to have to unload one pair.

At first, I planned on getting rid of the really expensive ones, but after looking at the seats, I'm probably keeping those; the good ones are right above GA area. Never been to a U2 concert, been wanting to go for almost 10 years now, so may as well spoil myself.

I'll check with friends to see if anyone wants a pair. Really don't want to gouge anyone, especially for a U2 concert.

I got my two $97 tickets for the show. Got them at the Rogers centre and there was no service charge. My buddy also got a pair of GA's for the TO2 but realized after the fact that they were for the second show and not the first. He is flying out on business on the 17th so I think I might be able to get a pair of GA's for the 17th if anybody needs them. let me know.

mike

Oooo, so how do these second presales work? I don't see any dates/times besides "Tues-Thurs". I have 2 Boots uses left....

Well, since I just signed up I assume I'm a Boots member in which case I can't buy until 5:00 P.M. Wednesday (which is 8:00 A.M. Thursday morning). Which is better for me, actually since I won't have to get up in the middle of the night again. Just gotta get someone to cover my first period class. . .

The second Foxboro show is also now on Ticketmaster's site. It simply says presale on Tue, 3/31, 10 a.m., but it doesn't mention anything about possible differences between Horizon/Boots/Breathe.

Neither the second NYC or Chicago show is up on TM yet.

Okay, I'm about ready to call it a night. I'm going to try to get at least three hours of sleep.

Full day tomorrow. . .er. . today. Parent Teacher conferences, theater club rehearsal, and a three hour meeting tomorrow night. . . Ouch.

Oh, and a job interview Wednesday morning. . .

U2.com just put up an article on today's sales (they were deemed "record-breaking"). Also, the blurb on the site's main page says that the band added second AND FINAL shows to Chicago, Boston and NYC.

The article:

The shows in Chicago, Boston and New York were instantaneous sell-outs this morning, setting records for single day attendance in each city. Second and final shows have now been announced and presales for U2.com subscribers open tomorrow.

With sales this morning of over 82,000 tickets in New York, 72,000 in Boston and 65,000 in Chicago the U2 360� Tour will set the largest single day attendance record in each city.

North American sales are repeating the record-breaking numbers seen for U2's upcoming European shows: in London, with over 6700 tickets sold in just 60 seconds, ticket sales at Wembley Stadium resulted in the highest ever sales rate in the UK. At Dublin's Croke Park, 160,000 tickets for performances on July 24th and 25th sold out in 40 minutes, leading to the announcement of a third show.

Sales in Gothenburg and Amsterdam were so brisk that second performances were added and sold out within hours. Zagreb sales broke all records in Croatia while Barcelona sold out in 54 minutes - the fastest ever sold out show in the history of pop music in Spain.

This morning, after an instant sell-out for the North American tour opener in Chicago on September 12th, a second performance was added for September 13th. In Boston, in addition to the September 20th performance, fans will be able to see the band again on the following night. And the Giants Stadium show in New York on September 24 will be followed by another on September 25th. Tickets for the second show in Toronto also sold out this morning.

Six other North American dates were also announced today : Washington, DC (September 29th); Charlottesville, VA (October 1st); Atlanta, GA (October 6th), Tampa, FL (October 9th), Los Angeles, CA (October 25th) and Vancouver BC (October 28th).

A presale for these dates and for the extra shows in Chicago, Boston and New York will begin tomorrow for U2.com subscribers.

That's too bad, I was hoping for yours and Lies' sake, all groups would go together, like they did for Toronto 2. :(

Awww, thanks! But Axver did get GA's as a Boots member and it is the second show so hopefully there'll still be something left.

Presale details from U2.com:

(note that the Chicago/Boston/NYC presales will be staggered and not all at once)

THIS WEEKS PRESALE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS

Washington DC, Charlottesville, VA, Atlanta, Tampa, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Chicago 2 (Sept. 13), Boston 2 (Sept. 21), and New York 2 (Sept. 25).
Tues. 10AM local venue time - Horizon
Wed. 10AM EDT/9AM CDT/8AM MDT/7AM PDT - Breathe
Wed. 6PM EDT/5PM CDT/4PM MDT/3PM PDT - Boots
Presale ends Thursday 5PM local venue time.

THE CURRENT PUBLIC ONSALE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS
Toronto - Mon. March 30 10AM local
Barcelona (2nd July show) - Tues. 31st March 10AM local
Dublin (27th July show) - Wed. 1st April 8AM local

Good luck hope you can get what you want in the presale this time around :hug:

Hope so too. But you know, I'm really not worried. I know I'll get something for the second night, even if it's not great and once I have the insurance for both nights, maybe something better will pop later on in the year.

I'm feeling pretty good!

I'll be informing my wife when she wakes up that we'll be staying in Chicago on Sunday and then driving all night in time for me to get back to work Monday morning in Ohio. :) (She and my son won't be going to the shows but they'll be hanging out with friends in Chicago so hopefully she won't mind).

U2.com just put up an article on today's sales (they were deemed "record-breaking"). Also, the blurb on the site's main page says that the band added second AND FINAL shows to Chicago, Boston and NYC.

The article:

The shows in Chicago, Boston and New York were instantaneous sell-outs this morning, setting records for single day attendance in each city. Second and final shows have now been announced and presales for U2.com subscribers open tomorrow.

With sales this morning of over 82,000 tickets in New York, 72,000 in Boston and 65,000 in Chicago the U2 360� Tour will set the largest single day attendance record in each city.

I guess that ends the debate going on in another thread as to whether or not U2 can sell out stadiums in North America...

I lost out on the presale AND the general sale for Giants Stadium. Now I have no tickets and I'm not happy about it. Hopefully I'll have better luck for the added show (and hopefully I get bumped up to Breathe before the presale, because that's the group I'm supposed to be in).

Though a few of us did anticipate a 2nd show and only bought 2 for the first and will hopefully breeze through tomorrow's Horizon presale.:wink:

Indeed! Though this "second and final" business seems a little... off. Surely they can fit 3rd shows into Boston & NY, and sell them out.

Indeed! Though this "second and final" business seems a little... off. Surely they can fit 3rd shows into Boston & NY, and sell them out.

I doubt they'll be playing 3 nights in a row anywhere, so I believe the "final" bit ...for 2009.

They'll be back at Boston, NY and Chicago amongst others in 2010.

I was really hoping to save my part of my code for 2010. Should I risk and try the general sale for Chicago 2 and Norman, OK.

I doubt they'll be playing 3 nights in a row anywhere, so I believe the "final" bit ...for 2009.

They'll be back at Boston, NY and Chicago amongst others in 2010.

True, they won't be doing three nights in a row anywhere, but there is room for a night off on the 26th and then a third show in NY on the 27th...

Back
Top Bottom