Ga Milwaukee. Got The Scoop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzannern2321

The Fly
Hi! Ga is new to me, but called the Bradley Center to find out there rules. Line up is allowed Sunday on the BC premises at 12:00, no earlier says the individual I talked to at tickemaster. Doors will open at 6 p.m. I asked if there will be porta-potties on the premises, but he said "possibly." Otherwise, he didn't think it would be a problem if we took breaks at Turners or Gametime or surrounding hotels. There is some Gametime "special" for football lovers starting at 12:00, so it should be a popular place to go for a quick stop (and a few brewskies if you want! He said that there will only be ONE line, combined for GA fan club plus regular GA purchased by tickemaster. He said he got the email just last night for how the venue will be handled. As for getting in to the Bomb Shelter, he is unsure how the choosing will be handled. So... after that info, what time do you guys plan on arriving??? And where should we meet off of the Bradley Center property? For all of you experienced BC GA'ers please give us a heads up! Can't wait!!!:wave: :dancing:

hmm...in light of that info I may change my travel plans. I was planning on driving to Milwaukee Saturday night and staying in a hotel so I could get to the Bradley Center bright and early. However, if we aren't allowed to get in the GA line until 12:00, I may just drive up Sunday morning, and arrive around 10:30-11:00am.

What do people think?

I'm going to go eat dinner with my friend, his brother and his brother's girlfriend, and then we'll head over for the BC. Thankfully I don't have to worry about lining up for the GA, but I still really wish I could have scored some GAs.

GA

Here's what I can say about GA procedures (especially at any venue hosting a U2 concert for the first time on this tour)....

1. Expect every "official" rule to go right out the window the morning of (or evening prior to) the event. This includes the alleged time that you may begin lining up. What are people going to do, play musical chairs around the arena until 12:00?

2. In most cases, the "spokespeople" you've contacted (especially at Ticketmaster) have no freakin clue, nor do they have any authority to enforce any rules.

Sure, some venues have it buttoned down, but most are typical SNAFUs waiting to happen.

So than what do you expect to happen at Milwukee. Ga'ers to line up across the street in the middle of the night? How many people go the evening before and camp out??? Are you heading to Milwaukee as well????

Last edited:
I have been to Bradley Center since of course I was there on the Madly In Anger World Tour, last August. The General Admission procedure work like this: 2 entrances on one side of the arena which is next to the Garage structure. Each line will be separate getting a General Admission wristband. Thats how it work at Metallica. I didn't enjoy the show because I was filming that show.:sad:

Hi.

I'm in Milwaukee. I've called the Bradley Center administrative offices twice, and I've received the same answer twice...

1. Line up will begin at noon at Lobby C, located near 4th and State.

2. No wrist bands.

That's it, or at least it was for those two calls. This is my only U2 show this tour, and I'm not a FC member. I'll be alone, and I'm not crazy about giving up a whole day away from my wife and son to wait. However, I do want to get someplace decent on the floor. I think I'm going to head down early and check it out. If things are happening early, I'll wait. If not, I'll just grab some bakery and bring it home, then return later.

The one advantage I do have is my height...6'4". Typically I can see over most people...can I expect the same for this show?

If I were you, I would plan on lining up earlier than 12. The United Center (Chicago) had the same rules and I stupidly believed them for the last leg, first show. When I got to the UC, it was apparent people had been in line for awhile. If you can, go down there early and check it out, because you can always leave and go back later.

GA

This is exactly what I would recommend. (i.e. going way earlier than 12:00).

If nobody's around, fine - you've got the right idea on picking up the bakery stuff.

If they are (and they probably are), you'll figure something out between all of you. You might need to band together as fans to come up with some "system" (i.e. hand numbers, log book, etc.), because the venue may or may not care a rat's a** about anybody who's been there before noon. I've never been to a show in MLW, so I don't know how the staff is.

In my experience, the best lines are either very clearly fan-run deals (i.e. numbers AND log books and so on), or wristband systems from the venue. These loosey-goosey things (like MLW sounds) always make me nervous, esp. if we're thinking about sitting around all day for (potentially) nothing.

However, the good news is... you're 6'4" (bad news for the short girl behind you), and... if you plan to get there reasonably early, I can say you'll have a great view just about anywhere you could end up on the floor. At worst, you'll be within arm's length or so of the outer ellipse rail. At best, you'll be able to touch Bono's mike stand from the front rail of the ellipse. Regardless, it'll rock. Just remember - don't let your floor position dictate whether you have fun or not.. the show rocks from anywhere in the building.

Back
Top Bottom