future anxiety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ACROB@T

I serve MacPhisto
pure energy rush..wish I'd got to hear it live
frown.gif

this is my theme song for this year
biggrin.gif

I can't stop listening to it, I TOTALLY understand what Bono meant. that guy's just a genius isn't he???

*thinks Bono is the coolest person who ever lived and thinks he knows everything
biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~

Monday morning
Eighteen years of dawning
I say how long
You say how long

It was one dull morning
Woke the world with bawling
I was so sad ..so sad...
It was so bad

I was of a feeling it was out of control
I had the opinion it was out of control

Boys and Girls
Go to the school and girls
They make children
Not like this one

Out of control.........

I fought fate
There's blood on the garden gate
The man said childhood
It's in his childhood

One day I'll die
The choice will not be mine
Will it be too late
You can't fight it

Are you turning 18 this year, BG?
smile.gif

You know, I never knew before that the song had the line "there's blood on the garden gate" in it. Weird. Seven years since I first heard that song.

Ever heard the live version--the one I have is from the "dream it all up again" concert in Dublin at the end of the 80's--where he goes "Boys and girls go to school and then...it starts getting complicated"? I love that.

I enjoy the song, and it would be a blast live, but I have to say I would much rather hear Electric Co live--now that would be amazing.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

yeah I am Scatter, and i was starting to get depressed about it.. when I listened to Out of Control and for the first time that song made perfect sense..I could feel it; it was so weird
I am convinced U2 has a song to make me feel ok in every single little personal crisis I have
biggrin.gif

I've never heard that live version, sadly..
you know what song Id kill to hear live (besides this one of course)? Another Time, Another Place...I LOVE that one. Electric Co. would be nice too though
smile.gif

oh and while we're talking about growing up, I'll throw in another random contribution: The Catcher In the Rye is the most brilliant and gorgeous book I've ever read!! it took a good english teacher to make me like it but wow, it's amazing..
anyone else love this book?

[This message has been edited by BabyGrace (edited 02-20-2002).]

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
The Catcher In the Rye is the most brilliant and gorgeous book I've ever read!! it took a good english teacher to make me like it but wow, it's amazing..
anyone else love this book?

I've never read it, but I understand what you mean about a good english teacher...who taught me to love King Lear & Brave New World.

Grace, you seem so much older than 18.

Blue_Angel said:
whoops, I am BabyGrace Sweetest_Thing!

YOU ARE???

I had no idea...in fact, I was going to PM BG and ask her why she hadn't posted in a while....:)

Why the name change?

I have to go back and re-read some posts now....things change...I think there's a different connotation when i know it's you, as opposed to Blue_Angel (whom I don't know at all), whereas BG has a history here. Does this make sense?
--If not, I'll elaborate...(let me know)

BTW - love the new name :wink: )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom