From the Sky Down, Davis Guggenheim's Achtung Baby documentary to premiere at TIFF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if U2 will attend or possibly perform at either of the two Pearl Jam concerts during the TIFF. I missed the show in TO when Pearl Jam performed at a U2 show. I have Pearl Jam tix for Hamilton, but now I am tempted to see one of the shows in TO as well.

Ahhhhhhh! Man, I so want to check all of this out. The film itself seems so compellng. Plus, PJ...Neil Young. Hello. That's my Holy Trinity, right there...

I wonder if U2 will attend or possibly perform at either of the two Pearl Jam concerts during the TIFF. I missed the show in TO when Pearl Jam performed at a U2 show. I have Pearl Jam tix for Hamilton, but now I am tempted to see one of the shows in TO as well.

We silence them with culture
Made you look, you do do what I say
Got to feeling like you ma-ma-ma-ma-may
Those who want you dead understand what you feel
Got your manical manner, voice of steel
Got the flags and rocks, we got the eyes of cocks
I wish 'em stay up on the board until he kill the jocks
I got the super soul, he got the man of steel
They got the high you want to feel
And in you the name is real
Keep on rockin' in the free world

So we're about a week away from the TIFF, right? I can't believe there isn't a trailer or at least some more info about this yet.

I guess they are... my estimated wait time in the Virtual Waiting room is up to 2 1/2 hours :crack: That's worse than getting U2 tickets :lol:

Yeah, I couldn't get tickets, all of the screenings were apparently sold out :sad: Oh well, I'll just go down on the 17th and try to buy at the box office.

U2.com just posted this on Facebook.

So at least Bono and Edge will be there.

And here's the link to the story on U2.com. U2 > News > #THESKYDOWN

I doubt the whole band will be in Toronto, though it would be fitting enough. I'm not surprised on the other hand that Bono and Edge will be doing a Q&A session. Then again, no official word that all 4 will be there - but at least Bono and Edge will be in TO like you said.

Edge and Bono will sit down with Davis Guggenheim in Toronto on Friday. Got a question for any of them ? Post it on Twitter using #THESKYDOWN.

Ok, overanalysis of this line from u2.com, but the statement doesn't make sense. Only Bono and Edge will sit down for the post-show Q&A, but I can ask a question for any of them?

Don't they know that some of us are only attracted to the rhythm section?:shifty:

Ok, overanalysis of this line from u2.com, but the statement doesn't make sense. Only Bono and Edge will sit down for the post-show Q&A, but I can ask a question for any of them?

Don't they know that some of us are only attracted to the rhythm section?:shifty:

Any statement U2.com puts out doesn't make sense. :wink: Still wondering if all 4 will be there, and if they are, then why are Larry and Adam not participating in the Q&A. I mean, their opinions on the making of Achtung Baby should be interesting as well. :shrug:

Good point. Now you've got me thinking A and L won' be there. Maybe it less of a U2 thing than a Guggenheim affair?

I think they meant questions for Bono, Edge or Guggenheim.

From the link above, the way it's written, it sounds like a B & E appearance only:

"On Friday Edge and Bono join director Davis Guggenheim to discuss his documentary From The Sky Down, which opens The Toronto International Film Festival this week.

Got a question for Edge, Bono or Davis about the making of Achtung Baby? Post it on Twitter using #THESKYDOWN. "

U2 is such a democracy, so if A and L were gonna be there, I'm sure they'd be at the Q&A too (like someone above said). Anyway, I'm sure we fans will ask more interesting questions that the umpteenth interviewer who goes "so what does the title NLOTH mean?":lol:

We should barrage the twitter feed with questions about the new album.

I thought of it for a split second when I saw this earlier, but come on, the hashtag is the title of the film about AB, not gonna fly. Seriously no pun intended there!

Back
Top Bottom