French or German?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dandy said:

:lol:

glad to hear i'm not the only grammar nerd around here. :wink: i studied both french (i'm canadian, so it wasn't smart not to learn it) and german (in university, loved it) for several years. i had a better learning experience with german because our prof was the most amazing teacher and person. they're both challenging languages, and both very useful. i agree with the other kids, you gotta go with what you're interested in.

grammar nerds rock!

We have one grammar tutorial a week for French and Spanish. I am really terrified going to class. It feels like I'm back in school again. Our tutors like to pick people to answer questions. :reject:

I found learning German a lot easier than French, we had to do both...I learnt French for twice as long as German too, so i'd definitely suggest German.

I personally enjoy German more. I just think it's a cool language.

The class also gave the opportunity to do the coolest high school project ever... make a german radio play. OoooOOOh yeah.

But I liked German more before that.

However, being a Canadian I sort of wish I had stuck with french because I remember surprisingly a lot of obscure words for having given it up in grade 9 and it is pretty useful.

Last edited:
AvsGirl41 said:
According to my self-appointed advisor, I *must* take a language next semester. This does not leave me alot of time to decide.

My school only offers 3 languages: French, German and Spanish.

Take Spanish.

You live in the West.

It is fast becoming the second language in this country.

You will be able to use it.

Many emplyers are asking if new hires speak Spanish.

More and more of the labor force is Spanish speaking.

Back
Top Bottom