Floor GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Is it worth it having floor GA tickets? Like, even if I end up way in the back, is it still good? Better than seats? Also, is it possible to work your way up front? I have only had seats before, but would like to get close to the stage.

SMB

Well, the problem with GA is that you need to get there hours early to get a place in line if you want to be in the heart-ish area they are having this time. Otherwise, you've haven't a prayer to be close to the stage.

If you want to still be GA, but outside of the heart--like thing this time, you will still need to get there early in order to work your way through the crowd during the opening act to position yourself against the ramp.

It depends on what you want. If you want to be close to the band, yes, you have to be there many hours ahead of time to get a good spot. Last time some even slept there! If you are a small person, or just hate being knocked around, I'd say, keep to the back or get there early enough to get up front. If you don't have the rail to hold onto, you will be smooshed, elbowed, knocked around and other unpleasant things. Some people do this because they are assholes, some do it because they are so wasted they don't know what they're doing, some are just so excited and jumping around they don't realize they are being pushy. So it all depends on what you are willing to put up with.

If you have a good spot and don't want to lose it DON'T go to the bathroom! Sure, you might get your place back, but you might not. Someone might take it, or the crowd might be so thick you will never make it back up front. No drinks at least 2 hours before showtime!

I am going to do at least one GA. I have not decided if I am going to do seats for my second concert or not...I will probably do GA I am going to think it over and weigh the pro and cons over the weekend.

I had GA for the Elevation show in Hartford 6/3/01. Rather than deal with the crush of trying to get up real close, we went back, about 20 feet from the tip of the heart. We could see the band great, go to the bathroom, get beers, dance w/o bumping people, and HEAR the show where all the speakers were pointed. It was perfect.

Great advice here. I did both (deep in the heart [ha!] and then out on the tip 'o the heart, on the the last 2 shows in Tampa, followed by Miami.* It was incredible both times.

*After "Walk On" Bono yelled out "Honey, I'm coming home!" Then he left the stage.

What a moment. What a tour.

Ive never had a problem getting a decent view in the GA,

However about half an hour to forty-five minutes before the concert starts, the crowd gets really dense, which means moving around close to the stage isn't very practical.

Views from the back are fine as long as you don't get stuck behind the amp stack & techincal area where willie williams sits. (although we don't know the layout of this tour yet, they've been in roughly the same place for the last three tours)

This area usually remains pretty empty throughout the concert.

I drink before concerts because I need the fluid to keep myself hydrated otherwise I would pass out from all singing, dancing and jumping around I do. After concerts, I can't even fill up a thimble.:wink:

This is all good info but that's assuming first that I can actually score GA :huh:

Back
Top Bottom