Flood's role in this album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I was just thinking about all the "rock/guitar album" rumors coming, and I guess Lillywhite is a good choice to have produced the album, and Lanois to help out. (having no idea what or how much of Thomas's work was kept)

What is surprising is that the fans in the studio mentioned Flood, who has been involved in U2's most effects loaded albums in the 90's - his role being bigger in Zooropa or POP than AB it seems.

So...how does it all add up? :confused: And that Jacknife Lee - a hip hop/dance DJ - to remix the album...

Flood is probably mixing. There are many facets to putting together the album. Chris Thomas and Lillywhite will likely be listed as Prodcucers and a note to Lanois assiting considering they spent a almost a year with Thomas and over a year with Lillywhite and Dan Lanois came in for about a week.

Flood started out as one of Eno's sound engineers, I believe he mixed Achtung and helped prodcuce Zooropa and worked exclusively with Howie B on Pop. He's probably assisting with mixing, that's probably a good guess.

He also recorded The Joshua Tree, so he's been involved with U2's best works (as sound engineer / mixer / producer).

And he's been involved in some other's best works too, so Flood being in this album is a warranty to me.

Last edited:
actually,i'm Jacknife Lee.
stop offending me,you'll see my work when it's done.i suggested U2 to do some collaborations with hip.hop and rap artists,such as P.Diddy,C.Armstrong,Usher and Christina Aguilera,and some raw rock and roll oldies-but-goldies,like:Avril Lavigne,Creed,Milli Vanilli,Boney M and Village People.despite your everlasting doubts the album however WILL be rocking.trust me.

J.Lee

Jacknife Lee was brought in last year to do some remixes.
I'm not sure anything he worked on will ever see the light of day considering they were working with Thomas at that time and that was well over a year ago.

No big deal, I've had enough of fucking remixes being released while actual b-sides are just sittin gon the shelf. I'd rather have an average b-side than a good remix.

Im just glad they got Lanois in there, I think hes an amazing producer. I think Lillywhite and Thomas are great producers for the direction this album is supposedly taking.

Back
Top Bottom