Fenway Park, Boston, 2 nights Summer 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DubbalinGirl

The Fly
Today's Boston Globe reports U2 are about to sign on the dotted line for two nights at Fenway next summer. That's all they say, but if true this means yet another US leg next year.

3 legs in the States... Reminds me of Zoo-TV... Another leg in Europe, some in Asia, some in Australia, some in South America... :drool:

edit : It's not confirmed though... We have heared many rumours already which didn't came through....

U2 at Fenway in '06?

By Carol Beggy & Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | August 18, 2005

Before Mick Jagger has even set foot on the stage at Fenway Park, the whispering has begun about next summer's boffo shows at the ballpark. How do you follow Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett, and the Rolling Stones? How does U2 sound? Word is the Irish lads, who are on a never-ending tour to promote ''How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," are nearing a deal to occupy the outfield next summer for two nights. Neither the Sox nor Clear Channel would comment yesterday, but the band has demonstrated it's a big fan of Boston. In May, Bono and the boys played three sold-out shows here, and they're returning for two more at TD Banknorth Garden Oct. 3 and 4. But wait, there's more. According to the trade publication Pollstar, U2 is bound for Boston yet again in December, playing shows at the new Garden on Dec. 4 and 5.

Last edited:
Woohoo! Fenway would be incredible. I saw Bruce there a couple of years ago when the Red Sox started allowing one concert event each summer, and it was awesome.

Of course, that would mean no new album for a long time, but oh well...

Oooohhhh!!! U2 at Fenway! What fun!!! While I do think it'd be pretty bush to have 3 legs in the US, come on! U2 AT FENWAY!!!

phanan said:

Of course, that would mean no new album for a long time, but oh well...

Yeah, if this is true then no album for a few years i guess. Christ, how many times do U2 have to play the same cities :eyebrow:

But :up: if its true and it excites people. My personal opinion is just that they should get their ass into the studio instead.

yimou said:

My personal opinion is just that they should get their ass into the studio instead.

Even though I'm excited about Fenway, I agree. With this news, it's my hope more than ever that they've been trying out some new things in the studio during the tour breaks and will pull out another album while continuing to tour, a la Zooropa.

Here's hoping.

This is another rumour remember dont get too excited.

Maybe the band should just up sticks and move lock stock and barrel to Boston???:sigh:

Popmartijn said:
If we then can get the indoor shows and variable setlists... :wink:
That would be the least they could do... 3 US legs, 2 EU legs... And that's it! :wink:

Popmartijn said:
If we then can get the indoor shows and variable setlists... :wink:
whose to say this dosent further comfirm that another album is actually already complete? :wink:

3 legs one country same setlist? i dont think so, me thinks there could be another album on the way out before the end of the third leg

Bono's Tart said:
This is another rumour remember dont get too excited.

Maybe the band should just up sticks and move lock stock and barrel to Boston???:sigh:
:D Sounds good to me!

:wink:

I don't think it's likely; I can't imagine they'd really do a third North American leg...but it would kick so much ass if it happened!

Before the end of the third leg?
Isn't it more reasonable to think it will be out next year?

pulle28 said:
Before the end of the third leg?
Isn't it more reasonable to think it will be out next year?
or whenever they start the next leg in either the U.S. or U.K.

Well, they are talkin' Summer of '06 here and usually that really means after August for the US. Plenty of time to do a few shows in various countries and maybe some studio time as well. Maybe we'll all get what we're hoping for.

Fenway would be a fantastic venue for U2...and I'm speaking as a Yankees fan!

Maybe they'd play Yankee Stadium again, which would be magnificent...I saw the ZOO TV tour there and it was wonderful.

My only warning to people who would want to see them at Fenway is that the seats are very uncomfortable if you have hips...I'm a big girl and I was hurting the last time I saw a game there!

Interesting leak (regarding Fenway Park and a Summer '06 Stadium tour), assuming it's true...

I bet they'd also do a second Eurigo Stadium tour. By contrast, there's no way they'd do an Arena tour in Europe. Why sell out stadiums in Europe and then go small, and limit your revenues? Then again, maybe an Arena Eurigo tour makes sense if they're playing in Europe during fall '06. Oh, I love rumors!

Seriously though, they need to put out an album before they go back out on tour.

Here's my prediction:
Jan '06: in the studio
Late Jan - Feb: Austrailia, Japan
March: South America/Mexico
April-early June: Europe
June-July: finish new album
first week of August: release of How to Dismantle All the Bombs You Can't Leave Behind
third week of August: Beginning of the Mercy Tour, Fenway Park

Back
Top Bottom