Favorite One Liners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Do you remember the words? I don't!" - Bono while attempting to snippet 'Let's Twist Again' during the War tour. He proceeded to just keep repeating the same two lines over and over again.

2 lines come to mind from Bono, I'll provide some context:

Edge: "what key do you want to play in?"
Bono: "eh, What's a key?"

then,

Bono is introducing himself then looks at Larry and says,

"eh, what's your name?"

"We're going to try one more song, stick with us, this could be crap", Bono before Fast Cars in Boston on 12-4-05.

"One mile is not high enough! We're goin' up and we're never comin' down!" Bono as he took the stage in Denver, St Patricks Day, 1985.

"Back when the Beastie Boys were fighting for the right to party we were fighting for human rights"

Something like that anyway.

"Mr Channel 10, THIS is the U2 Audience" (said to camera man on stage)

haha when was that?!

also:

"Could you pass me a tissue please, Nathan?" from Rattle and Hum always made me laugh for some reason.

"Feel free to spread out." -Edge to a halfway empty Tampa Stadium during the Popmart tour (the one bad experience I've had with U2)
That was my first U2 show...I had a blast, but yeah, the half full stadium in the rain made you wonder where the band was going after Popmart. I was able to get very close to the stage, and don't remember it raining at all. I had to drive two hours to get there by myself, but I'd do it again tomorrow.

"Thirty seconds, for Ray Bourque. Ray Bourque, gonna walk on this evening. C'mon Ray..." Bono, Boston, 9 June 2001.

"A hard one for you to swallow, Boston" Bono, after "New York", Boston, 6 June 2001.

"No. Thank you!"

- Bono, December 19th 2005 in Portland, Oregon durring the Vertigo tour -

He said this right after the fans raised a total of more than 11 000 THANK YOU signs durring the opening of Elevation. I contributed 3502 signs myself hahaha.:yippie: It was awesome to have him aknowledge the signs durring the song. In fact they extended the intro so each band member could comment. Priceless.

That was my first U2 show...I had a blast, but yeah, the half full stadium in the rain made you wonder where the band was going after Popmart. I was able to get very close to the stage, and don't remember it raining at all. I had to drive two hours to get there by myself, but I'd do it again tomorrow.

I definitely don't regret going to that show. I was just a tiny bit turned-off when Edge voiced his frustration to the crowd that actually was in attendance. Did it really rain at Tampa Popmart? I DO remember it raining at my first U2 show (Zoo TV Tampa), at the very end of the show, just as Bono started singing "I can't help..." (whoosh - down came the raindrops, amazing, I was hooked from then on).

"No. Thank you!"

- Bono, December 19th 2005 in Portland, Oregon durring the Vertigo tour -

He said this right after the fans raised a total of more than 11 000 THANK YOU signs durring the opening of Elevation. I contributed 3502 signs myself hahaha.:yippie: It was awesome to have him aknowledge the signs durring the song. In fact they extended the intro so each band member could comment. Priceless.

Without a doubt I agree! I was there, I contributed about 500 signs and passed them out in the stands around me. That show was amazing!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom